Don't Know If You Knew This About Southward....but

Stoic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This kid has been my pet project. I have watched a TON of tape on this kid. From my previous posts...I was a fan of Deone Bucannon from the snap...but he went crazy high.

Here is what I see in D-South:

The Good:

*6 footer with a +40 vert and 4.4 to sub 4.4 speed.

*The kid doesn't run...he floats.

*A top-notch back peddle.

*Always around the ball

*Fluid hips with an above-average sink.

*Great flow to the ball

*Well-spoken young man that just seems to be "with it".

The Not-So-Good:

*Was caught out-of-place on several occasions.

*Seems to be more of a zone guy than man (keep in mind that he played CB and S).

*Needs training on his eyes and where they go.

*Not a huge playmaker.

OVERALL:

This young man can PLAY. I see what the ATLFO saw in this guy. He will push and should start week one.

That vertical at his size is crazy. Add in the other measurables and then take all of that combined with the staff working with him at the Senior Bowl, interacting with him, seeing how he works and carries himself. I don't know what the end results will be but I'm very optimistic...

Well it may be fortunate for us that he did not participate... Giving his apparent versatility, his eye popping athletic ability, obvious intelligence combined with his longevity in college starting so many games there is a good chance had he popped his numbers at the combine he would not have lasted until the third.

In a nutshell, he got ****** over to show his stuff at the combine. I wonder if TD greased a doctors palm to make this diagnosis? Apparently, they weren't sure which "doctor" made the diagnosis that kept him out of the combine.

Poor kid. It wouldn't surprise me to see a GM doing that.

Guest King Jigsaw

^^^^everybody ignore this post like it was last on the page

It's the only post I've ever seen from him that didn't use the ever-clever 'chit'.

He has the most upside of any safety in the draft. His measurables are off the charts in every category; Size, Speed, Burst, Jumping ability... everything. If he can get his head up to snuff he could very easily end up being the best safety to come out of this draft. TD got a steal.

What's more, he's the type of player lots of people have been screaming for; high upside with some risk. TD finally did it and people hated it, go figure.

Guest King Jigsaw

Like it was my post sad.png

Looks like nobody will know my opinion on the subject now.

I'm sorry, did you say something?

It must have been the wind blowing..