Roddy White

Extension negotiations between the Falcons and Roddy White are expected to pick up.

White, who is 32 and entering the final year of his contract, is set to count $6.35 million against the cap. An extension would both lower that number and keep the career-Falcon happy. ESPN's Vaughn McClure suggests a deal similar to the one Reggie Wayne signed in March of 2012 at age 33: Three years, $17.5 million with $7.5 million guaranteed.

Source: ESPN.com May 14 - 9:02 AM

Extension negotiations between the Falcons and Roddy White are expected to pick up.

White, who is 32 and entering the final year of his contract, is set to count $6.35 million against the cap. An extension would both lower that number and keep the career-Falcon happy. ESPN's Vaughn McClure suggests a deal similar to the one Reggie Wayne signed in March of 2012 at age 33: Three years, $17.5 million with $7.5 million guaranteed.

Source: ESPN.com May 14 - 9:02 AM

I think he needs to ask for more gauranteed money given how our FO is notorious for giving contract extensions to old guys only to cut him a year later. We did it to Abraham. Dunta. Clabo, etc...

He should collect is 6M this year and then resign next year. Or, he should ask for 30M a year, 17M gauranteed. 17.5 over 3 years is not enough fo rhim.

I like the Reggie Wayne deal, but I have a feeling Roddy won't. He's held out twice, he's not gonna wanna get paid less than he makes now

I really don't think Roddy's mindset is money anymore. He's made the money, he's had a great career. He's a potential HOF'er. However, he's not a lock in HOF'er. I would guess that he cares more about winning the Super Bowl and finishing his career strong like Strahan or Bettis than making as much money as possible

Roddy doesn't deserve another contract. Hope we let him go, but no we want a receiver that only does good in week 3 vs the jags and then fails

Roddy, of all people, deserves every dime he gets. He's been the only reliable player we've had. He played through injury last year in an effort to help the team. Most guys would've rode pine.

Roddy doesn't deserve another contract. Hope we let him go, but no we want a receiver that only does good in week 3 vs the jags and then fails

You are a f'n idiot. RW has been one of the best and most consistent WR's in the NFL since 2007

Give Roddy 5-6 mil a year.... Roddy is still a top level WR... Coming back from his injury he was money at the end of the season except for that panthers game.

The Cap is going up... 5-6 mil is not bad if he can keep this up for 2 or 3 more seasons.

I wish we would have draft a big outside WR so Roddy can move into the slot ... I think he can do damage in the slot .... Maybe Geraldo Boldewijn can be that outside guy ... We shall see