I Pose A Question About The Fullback Position

gHost83

I wonder if we will try to platoon the Fullback position with 2 TEs... We all know that Pascoe played TE and some FB for the Giants, but the third TE is in question. I've been watching tape on our UDFA Pederson and noticed a couple of things. He lined up everywhere. Inline, wide and also played a lot of FB for them. He's pretty versatile and has some good hands. Seals his blocks but could add some extra strength to his frame.

I think if we do decide to do this, it opens up an extra slot on our roster, possibly allowing us to keep an extra LB. Lots of teams have done away with the position all together, but with our new commitment to the run game with our new line additions (Asamoah and Matthews) may spell something different.

What do you guys think?

Edited by gHost83

Roosevelt Nix is our FB.

You think so? I think we tried to convert an undersized DT last year, (I think from Clemson) and it didn't work out. Was in the first round of cuts... Don't get me wrong, I hope the dude beasts out there, but just seems weird for a position change upon entering the league.

You think so? I think we tried to convert an undersized DT last year, (I think from Clemson) and it didn't work out. Was in the first round of cuts... Don't get me wrong, I hope the dude beasts out there, but just seems weird for a position change upon entering the league.

I think he'll be fine. He plays super fast and looks strong. I think with what we have it'll work out.

People are overlooking DiMarco. I think he'll be our starting FB for a few years longer, easily. He showed the ability to catch last year and was a good blocker, which most didn't seem to notice. I don't see any of these UDFA's dethroning him.

People are overlooking DiMarco. I think he'll be our starting FB for a few years longer, easily. He showed the ability to catch last year and was a good blocker, which most didn't seem to notice. I don't see any of these UDFA's dethroning him.

Can't wait for the first time we line up with a FB, Bear playing tight next to Matthews and cram the ball down NO's neck! Those sonsabitzhes have been eatin our lunch on the LOS too dam long!!!

Can't wait for the first time we line up with a FB, Bear playing tight next to Matthews and cram the ball down NO's neck! Those sonsabitzhes have been eatin our lunch on the LOS too dam long!!!

Lolo and Bear mauling Cam Jordan all the way over to the sideline with Asamoah and Matthews clearing away LB's, and DiMarco punching Vaccaro in the face while SJax does the rest... yeah i'm ready to see that, very very ready.

Remember, DiMarco was a UDFA himself. It's a definite possibility he get dethroned.