Peter Konz The Wildcard

I know most have already given up on him but I have not. it sounds like he really is putting in the work this offseason, and if he doesnt win the job back this TC we might have a top notch back up not only at center but guard too. im really going to be focusing on o line play this TC and pre season games

Him and Hawley will battle it out for Center. The way it should be. Neither of them are good guards.

his rookie season he was an avg guard its all about who you play next to. he was an avg guard next to clabo and mudd duck. next to renyolds and trueblood and holmes he was garbage

He also will have to face a much improved Falcons Dline in practice. He will battle Soliai every, single, day.

That may make a big difference, also Tice will be in his mind and in his ear big time, Hill was a fkng milktoast man, if he does not show significant improvement this year he will be trashed and he knows it ....I got a feeling he will look better and at least compete for center ....

Konz is one of the most likely to surprise people i think. He's been working hard, and with another year to work on the mental part of everything which was his real weakness anyway i have a feeling he beats Hawley out of the starting job.

Konzy is/was the poster boy of bad coaching and player management.

Now the real scoop on the poop, is when we fired Hill and Dunn, we instantly improved the O Line.

When we hired Mike Tice and gave Tice the #6 pick of the 2014 draft the entire line

instantly became much better.

That is all you need to know until PS1

Now the real scoop on the poop, is when we fired Hill and Dunn, we instantly improved the O Line.

When we hired Mike Tice and gave Tice the #6 pick of the 2014 draft the entire line

Don't forget getting Asamoah in FA as well.

I would give Hawley a huge huge lead at this point because while not nearly as talented he's seasoned and understands how to make in game adjustments.

I will say given Konz's technique And fluidity size and athleticism he still has a bright future if he gets stronger

I mean read this article on Konz before the draft stating that he may fall because of his bench reps http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/54217/wisconsins-peter-konz-18-reps-on-bench

I think everybody is smart enough to know Konz is "talented" and like Lamar Holmes is a work in progress.

If he really hit the weight room and really committed to that I believe he from a talent stand point has a sizable advantage over Hawley difference is Hawley is a complete product and you know what to expect from him.

Only the falcons know what they expect to see from Konz we don't know how much work he has put in this off season.

I do know Peter Konz has enough talent to take this OL from good to elite just depends on how much bigger did he get because his issue was manly strength related which really is the easy part to fix in an OLmens game.

I kind of think People are sleeping on Holmes as well Lamar Holmes is still 6-5 and has very quick feet and still has 35 inch arms.

I actually think if Holmes hits the weight room gets stronger and drops to 310-315 he could really push Baker for either tackle Spot.

I really can't wait till preseason. I hope to see a much improved Konz and Homes. I was among the few that argued that both showed starting potential last season. Their failure was a combination of poor coaching and a complete inability to assess readiness.

I doubt Konz does this year. Maybe.

Depends

Because Hawley doesn't have the talent Konz does

I think Hawley is like 6-3 short arms and around 300 which really falls in line with the average center

Konz on the other hand has the size movement and athleticism of a LT he just isn't strong enough to hold up to interior players and a lot of times last year was easily moved out the way and even knocked down at times.

If he got a lot stronger it really won't be a competition as who will start because there is a sizeable difference in the two players upside but I like retaining Hawley as it will push Konz to that point if he wants to start and Hawley would be great depth as a backup guard or center.

Poster boy of "Well since you were drafted higher than the guy you're battling, you automatically win the battle no matter how terribly you actually perform".

Yea, I have very little faith in Konz being a solid Center. I fully expect Hawley to win the job.

From what I saw from Hawley last year, if Konz wins outright from competition and not draft position, he will have earned it. Hawley is the better play and just understands things better than Konz.