Ajc Projects Shembo To Start

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution projects fourth-round LB Prince Shembo to start as a rookie.

The Falcons are expected to transition to more of a hybrid 3-4/4-3 defense in 2014. Beat writer D. Orlando Ledbetter has Shembo penciled in at outside linebacker in both the 3-4 and 4-3 fronts. He has some pass rush juice, but we can't see Shembo as an every-down player. Sean Weatherspoon, Joplo Bartu, Kroy Biermann, and Osi Umenyiora should all see more snaps than Shembo.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution May 13 - 12:52 PM

He is going to start over Massaquoi and Bierman ? doubtful

It depends on how he fairs in camp competition and the preseason...

He might not start right away but he could eventually make his way into the starting lineup if Mass fails to get more pressure.

Kroy is more of a Strongside OLB so I don't see Shembo competing for that position. Both Mass and Shembo are more so Rush OLBs.

In a 3/4. you could see Babs/Solai/Jackson as your down 3

Biermann, Weatherspoon, Worrilow, and Shembo and your LB 4.

In a 4-3 set, then I think Babs, Solai, Jackson and Osi are your down 4, with Weatherspoon, Worrilow and Biermann and your 3 Lbs.

(Can see J Mass subbing in for Babs or Osi at times)

On nickel, dime sets......then I think Osi, Babs, Hageman, and Shembo are your down 4 with Weatherspoon and Worrilow as your 2 backers.

(Maybe here you even sub out Hagemen and put J Mass in to rush)

The thing about our defense this year is that you will have some guys you can play multiple roles.

Babs at DE in 3/4 and DT in 3rd and long sets.

Biermann can play DE and OLB

J Mass can play DE and some at OLB

Hageman will play DE and DT at times.

In a 4-3 set, then I think Babs, Solai, Jackson and Osi are your down 4, with Weatherspoon, Worrilow and Biermann and your 3 Lbs.

On nickel, dime sets......then I think Osi, Babs, Hageman, and Shembo are your down 4 with Weatherspoon and Worrilow as your 2 backers.

The thing about our defense this year is that you will have some guys you can play multiple roles.

Don't rule out Hageman as a potential day 1 starter as the Strong-side 5-tech 3-4 DE.

It could be Jackson, Soliai, and Hageman.

He might not start right away but he could eventually make his way into the starting lineup if Mass fails to get more pressure.

Kroy is more of a Strongside OLB so I don't see Shembo competing for that position. Both Mass and Shembo are more so Rush OLBs.

Yeah he is not starting over Osi either . Shembo could be a future pass rusher but anyone thinks he is starting right away is delisuional

Yeah he is not starting over Osi either . Shembo could be a future pass rusher but anyone thinks he is starting right away is delisuional

I wouldn't expect him to be in front of Osi on the depth chart, but it wouldn't shock me if he saw more snaps throughout the course of the season. We can use Osi like Arizona used Abe

Shembo may be a one trick pony, Falcons really need that one trick. If Shembo comes in on 3rd and long and gets 5-6 sacks with decent pressure, I'd be really happy.

I agree that the Falcons need a good pass rusher, even though that is almost the only thing he can do.

In time, he could still be an every down player ifs he is just used almost strictly rushing the QB. Terrel Suggs and Demarcus Ware are one trick ponies as well but were schemed to rush the QB about 98% of the time.

Yeah, he won't be starting over Osi right away but he could surpass him during the season.

Osi at this point in his career would be good as a #3 pass rusher.

I think Hageman is starting. Wherever he plays. He's gonna start IMO.

True. Anythings possible.

Shembo may be a one trick pony, Falcons really need that one trick. If Shembo comes in on 3rd and long and gets 5-6 sacks with decent pressure, I'd be really happy.

Yep, I'm sure the Falcons staff are just as tired as fans seeing 3rd and longs converted soooo consistently. All you have to do is throw it up against the Falcons and it works.

It's racists and homophobic if Michael s&m Sam and prince shembo slice don't start

Agreed, its racist if Shembo doesn't start, and homophobic if Sam doesn't start. Anyone who disagrees with this is also an intollerant racist hater.

And about Tebow, he should never be able to work again, anywhere, for publicly owning his Christianity...doesn't Tebow understand how letting others know he is Christian offends some people??

sarcasm off//