Falcons Backup Qb

iDash

Man, the Fans aren't calling for the Backup to start like we did in the Past for a reason.

Espn

Could Cornell QB make Falcons?

jeff-mathews.jpg

http://espn.go.com/b...qb-make-falcons

"One of those names is Cornell quarterback Jeff Mathews, a player theschool's website dedicated a page to in order to send him off on his NFL journey.

The 6-foot-4, 229-Mathews completed 901 of 1,447 passes for 11,284 yards and 72 touchdowns with 42 interceptions in 38 games at Cornell. He was the 2011 Ivy League Player of the Year and the most prolific passer in Ivy League history."

----

I would have been happy to see even us take Cowboys UDFA QB Dustin Vaughan

Best QB youtube video, just click it, LOL!

Dustin Vaughan would even have a chance to make this team.BTW- The Cowboys really did pick him up~

P.S.-Don't forget to pray every night for the long term health of Matt Ryan!

Ryan, Davis and Renfree (3rd string or PS)

Matthews is just a camp body, but he will get his chance to prove he has something.

In an ideal world, Davis, Renfree, and Matthews would all be battling for the #3 job, and we'd sign a proven vet to be the #2 (Vince Young, Kevin Kolb, Rex Grossman, some other vet who gets released soon...).

In an ideal world, Davis, Renfree, and Matthews would all be battling for the #3 job, and we'd sign a proven vet to be the #2 (Vince Young, Kevin Kolb, Rex Grossman, some other vet who gets released soon...).

Josh Johnson just released. Bring him in to compete for backup QB.

Could have drafted A Murray, cut Davis and saved the money, then traded Murray next year to a qb needy team for a higher draft pick than we got him, or a impact player on D.

I was hoping we would do just that, but oh fkng well. Man we got to find something better than DD, that guy flat out sux.

Why do we have this conversation every single offseason and every year we're always depending on a UDFA to make the roster? I wish the Falcons cared more about the backup situation (especially with the bad o-line these past few years) but I guess I just worry too much.