Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xSICKxWITHxITx

Don Jones Suspended

The NFL is acting like a fascist state for fining and sending him to educational training (re-education camp) for something he obviously thought was immoral. There are a lot of people that disagree with the gay lifestyle on the grounds that it is immoral based on their beliefs or religion. I would think by fining Jones and requiring him to attend educational training, the NFL is forcing him to accept something that he was taught or believes is wrong. I believe this infringes on his right to free speech or even freedom of religion. You would think the NFLPA would have something to say about this but I guess Jones just isn't a big enough star to matter. How would the NFL come down on Peyton Manning or Tom Brady had they made the same remarks? The media and liberal left are trying very hard to change the morals of this country and are succeeding. Too many people stand by and say nothing.

I personally don't approve of the gay lifestyle however I don't see how the dolphins were at fault. For those of you that have jobs try this out. Tomorrow go to work and publicly and clearly convey your disgust about another employee make sure your boss/supervisor/manager/CEO hears you loud and clear. See where that gets you. Has the media over hyped this? Of course but it doesnt make it any less wrong. Its about respect people. The popularity of the NFL and its players make anything they say or do news and the Dolphins and the NFL have a right to protect their public image.

Shocker, he was not at work. Does your boss/supervisor/manager/CEO punish you for your posts on any type of social media? I don't believe the many people would stand for that.

t

The NFL is acting like a fascist state for fining and sending him to educational training (re-education camp) for something he obviously thought was immoral. There are a lot of people that disagree with the gay lifestyle on the grounds that it is immoral based on their beliefs or religion. I would think by fining Jones and requiring him to attend educational training, the NFL is forcing him to accept something that he was taught or believes is wrong. I believe this infringes on his right to free speech or even freedom of religion. You would think the NFLPA would have something to say about this but I guess Jones just isn't a big enough star to matter. How would the NFL come down on Peyton Manning or Tom Brady had they made the same remarks? The media and liberal left are trying very hard to change the morals of this country and are succeeding. Too many people stand by and say nothing.

I agree that he should have the right to say what he wants, but then again there's also something called a conduct policy. No one is forcing him to think a certain way, he just can't say it publicly. It's part of the job. Plus, what they often say about rights is 'just because you can, doesn't mean you always should'. People have every right to not approve of a homophobic view, and even not like someone for their view as well. If your trying to dictate what people do with their life, when they aren't hurting anyone, then many will not like that(in my opinion for good reason).............I also laugh at the hypocrisy of all these people playing the religious persecution card, and how people are 'forcing liberalism on them'. Conservative Christians CONSTANTLY try and force their morality on others, and make it a part of the law, yet I'm sure you don't have a problem with that. As far as them 'trying to change the morality of America, well a cultural change is happening, but perhaps that's because people are realizing homophobic views are ********. People's perceptions may change, as everyone is entitled to their opinion........You should try, I don't know...maybe not needing everyone to agree with you, and being ok being in the minority.

Shocker, he was not at work. Does your boss/supervisor/manager/CEO punish you for your posts on any type of social media? I don't believe the many people would stand for that.

If you want to object on the grounds of free speech, you should stick to the points of free speech. I agree up to that point, but when you start talking about all this 'OMG religious persecution' nonsense that's when you'll lose people.