Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xSICKxWITHxITx

Don Jones Suspended

I did turn it off. Then came back in an hour and saw it again. Turned it off for a full day then saw it again within 5 minutes. Give it a rest ESPN!

I agree that ESPN exploited it. But they do things like that for ratings

Gays get praised in the NFL (and every other sport for that matter) for "coming out" while Tebow was bashed repeatedly for his Christian faith. Yes there is a double standard.

I agree that ESPN exploited it. But they do things like that for ratings

Yeah it was smart as far as ratings go. Like I said I don't care who kisses, I just don't want to watch. Same reason I didn't watch broke back mountain lol.

Gays get praised in the NFL (and every other sport for that matter) for "coming out" while Tebow was bashed repeatedly for his Christian faith. Yes there is a double standard.

Unfortunately Christians are very out numbered now, even in the US.

Yeah it was smart as far as ratings go. Like I said I don't care who kisses, I just don't want to watch. Same reason I didn't watch broke back mountain lol.

and they couldn't cut it off after he did it. Cause the gay community would have killed them cause they haven't cut off when a draftees kisses his girlfriend or wife. Their hands were tied really.

No place for that on TV. My 2 kids seen it, and asked me, "Why are them 2 guys kissing? That's really nasty daddy!"

All I could say is, "Yeah it's really nasty!" Then proceeded to change the channel!

Who you are, is your business. Just dont put that nasty sh|t in front of my kids! He had to know sh|t is gonna get said when you're kissing a man on TV.

and they couldn't cut it off after he did it. Cause the gay community would have killed them cause they haven't cut off when a draftees kisses his girlfriend or wife. Their hands were tied really.

Oh I agree and I'm not against anyone being gay. I just prefer not to watch 2 men kiss. Just more less didn't agree with DJ being suspended even though I get it.

I remember the time when some people used to say "I don't mind interracial relationship but why are they shoving it down our throats by showing a black man kissing a white woman"...

A a rule, if anyone prefaces their comment by saying "I'm not a racist/homophobe/bigot, BUT...", you can be sure that they are exactly that.

No place for that on TV. My 2 kids seen it, and asked me, "Why are them 2 guys kissing? That's really nasty daddy!"

All I could say is, "Yeah it's really nasty!" Then proceeded to change the channel!

Who you are, is your business. Just dont put that nasty sh|t in front of my kids! He had to know sh|t is gonna get said when you're kissing a man on TV.

I agree with you 100%. Couldn't get the remote in my hand fast enough. I don't want that crap in front of my kids. That is the last straw with ESPN and will not be watching in the future.

I agree with you 100%. Couldn't get the remote in my hand fast enough. I don't want that crap in front of my kids. That is the last straw with ESPN and will not be watching in the future.

Yeah, once I turned it off, it hasnt been back on. I'll stick with finding out "news" on here and twitter.

see thats not the answer either, for you or the person you quoted. The last thing you want to do is treat homosexuality like its the forbidden fruit. Your better off getting out ahead of it and telling them because the more u sweep it under the rug the more likely your child will be curious about it. And judging by your comments im sure thats the last thing you want. Imo your better off telling them because its going to be legal in most states if not all in the next 4-6 years. Thats a given

see thats not the answer either, for you or the person you quoted. The last thing you want to do is treat homosexuality like its the forbidden fruit. Your better off getting out ahead of it and telling them because the more u sweep it under the rug the more likely your child will be curious about it. And judging by your comments im sure thats the last thing you want. Imo your better off telling them because its going to be legal in most states if not all in the next 4-6 years. Thats a given

I'm the one he quoted. And for 1 you dont tell me what the right answer is for my kid! Do I tell you?? Ok then!

And believe me my son knows what being gay is. After he saw that he wouldn't stop walking around the house acting like he was throwing up. Believe me both know it's not the right thing!!

First off, I doubt that my kids willl be curious about this subject and when they are older it will be made clear how wrong this is. Exposing young minds to this type of garbage is the wrong way to proceed. Homosexuality is a sin and no amount of media pushing this lifestyle will ever make it right or wholesome in my mind. I have been around many people that are gay incluing a cousin of mine. I don't hate gay people but that does not mean that I have to agree with their lifestyle. It's too bad that people have lost the desire to speak up for what they believe in for worry of being labled by the PC police. As far as Don Jones goes, it is a shame that you cannot have truly free speech in this country.

I'm the one he quoted. And for 1 you dont tell me what the right answer is for my kid! Do I tell you?? Ok then!

And believe me my son knows what being gay is. After he saw that he wouldn't stop walking around the house acting like he was throwing up. Believe me both know it's not the right thing!! Didnt mean to offend you. Or tell you how to raise your child. However i have a masters from st johns in psychology so i was just trying to give advice, thats all. No harm meant. Ive seen many kids, say the fact their parents demonized something, weather it be weed, alcohol, gambling, smoking, etc or in this case homosexuality. It made them ten times more curious about it. A childs inner desire to " prove their parents wrong" comes into play when you constantly demonize a particular thing and overemphasize it. Ill drop it now though because obviously your not interested in results or outside opinions. Just dont blame me when your son goes to high school and everyones disecting frogs, while hes opening flies..

I realize that you were responding to Mr. Derrty Bird but I really don't give a $h!t about your supposed masters and no need for your "outside opinions" on parenting. Are you are the one opening flies?

I realize that you were responding to Mr. Derrty Bird but I really don't give a $h!t about your supposed masters and no need for your "outside opinions" on parenting. Are you are the one opening flies?

intelligence and maturity all in one! Wow your a double threat huh?

Glad you have a masters. Good job!

I have no hard feelings against you!

I'm not demonizing it. It's just wrong regardless of how you look at it. If man was meant to be with a man, why was a woman created? Regardless of relegion, that's why it's a man AND a woman!

I don't hide it or sweep it under a rug like you mentioned! My kids have seen gay couples before, with each time ending in "Ewwwwww that's so nasty!" I haven't had to have a talk with my kids, because they know it's wrong. What's understood, doesn't need to be explained!

Glad you have a masters. Good job!

I have no hard feelings against you!

I'm not demonizing it. It's just wrong regardless of how you look at it. If man was meant to be with a man, why was a woman created? Regardless of relegion, that's why it's a man AND a woman!

I don't hide it or sweep it under a rug like you mentioned! My kids have seen gay couples before, with each time ending in "Ewwwwww that's so nasty!" I haven't had to have a talk with my kids, because they know it's wrong. What's understood, doesn't need to be explained!

. your preaching to the choir, im a born again christian as are my mom n dad. And im glad i didnt offend you like i apparently did that other guy lol i meant no harm, was just voicing an opinion was all, an opinion that id like to think is an educated one. But at the end of the day, to each his own.

. your preaching to the choir, im a born again christian as are my mom n dad. And im glad i didnt offend you like i apparently did that other guy lol i meant no harm, was just voicing an opinion was all, an opinion that id like to think is an educated one. But at the end of the day, to each his own.

No matter the education level, every person is entitled to his/her own opinion. I stand firmly on mine, just like I'm sure others do as well!

It gets a little touchy though, when people throw out stuff referring to one's children. I can understand why he would get mad! I just chose to state my opinion on it and move on. No need for a message board to allow you to get heated!

Like you said though, to each his own.

Bottom line heres the problem. If for some reason they showed kim kardashian and kanye west kissing and the dolphins player tweeted omg horrible ? Nothing would happen. But cause its two gay guys , he gets punished. So its not a level playing field. In this instance gays have more rights then straights. Which is unfair.

if it was a gay player taking about how terrible it was to see straight people kiss yeah he would get in trouble. Intolerance is unacceptable under all circumstances. I don't understand how anyone has a problem with people being gay. Will someone enlighten me how it's not just considered a normal thing. Why is it any kind of deal

I do think Jones should have a right to free speech, and shouldn't be punished. I don't agree with what he said, but he can say it.......However, this idea that anti-gay people are being persecuted for their beliefs is completely ********, and often a complete misunderstanding of freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is not some utopian philosophy where you can't condemn anyone for what they say, it is a philosophy that says: you can say/think what you want, others also have the right to not like it...............When you have a problem with someone just for being gay(when they're not hurting anyone), there is very good reason not to like that IMO. And, it's also kind of stupid to act like a victim because your disliked over your beliefs, when your all about intolerance.

to see this PC infect the NFL is really tragic.......we are raising a bunch of hypersensitive candy azzes in this generation.

In the old days, we'd give them a good azz whoopin, and they'd STFU and grow a pair. Now, they are coddled.

Really? Because it seems like your the only one being hypersensitive. You realize people are blowing a gasket over a man kissing another man right? The simple showing of a man kissing a man on TV(when it happens with man-woman all the time) is seen as 'forcing it down our throats', that's about as hypersensitive as it gets....Also, internet tough guyerie won't help your cause either.

this started with Jonathan Martin, yet he who is far less talented has a job right now and Incognito doesnt. Its amazing...

Never go full ******. If you really don't understand why Incognito doesn't have a job now you really are clueless. He made the locker room a terrible environment for new players to improve in, and may have been the worst cancer we've seen in the NFL lately. He has had problems his whole career and it's apparently only gotten worse, it was the last straw. Plus, it's not like he was Steve Hutchinson in his prime, just an average to slightly above average guard.

no its going to get tona point 10-20 years from now where people will now say " ohh i have a cousin who's straight"

Really? Do you realize how insane you sound right now. You think that because people accept gays more that suddenly everyone is going to turn gay...seriously??????

Are you gay? If not, then your a homophobe.

You know, I do think PC Progressivism gets taken too far, but people like you don't help provide any evidence to that. If you want to reduce it, how about actually trying to form logical arguments instead of just ******** random nonsense........And, in truth it really isn't taken too far when it comes to homophobia. A lot of people have a problem with gays, they have to fight hard to even have marriage rights. This isn't something blown out of proportion, where people get called bigots for thinking things that are not bigotry at all, or other problems with it....The idea pretty much is "if you have a problem with gays, or homosexual action then your a homophobe". That seems pretty obvious. How can you claim your being persecuted if your called for being what you are......Homophobes aren't victims of a PC society, and really their claims of persecution just amount to them not liking it when people call a spade a spade.

As culture goes so goes the media. Soon homosexuality will be widely accepted and encouraged by default and pedeophilia will be the edgy controversial sexual orientation that people will come out about. "I have a committed gay relationship with this 12 year old boy and we are happy" Once you deviate from the normality of male and female the slope is quite slippery.

As culture goes so goes the media. Soon homosexuality will be widely accepted and encouraged by default and pedeophilia will be the edgy controversial sexual orientation that people will come out about. "I have a committed gay relationship with this 12 year old boy and we are happy" Once you deviate from the normality of male and female the slope is quite slippery.

Wow, more ******** paranoia. The dynamic is completely different when it's a 12 year old and adult, hence why few approve of a straight relationship between a 12 year old and an adult. Sexual preferences are not chosen, they are just there. If acting on your preferences hurts others, then obviously you won't be allowed to act on them, and it would be best for you to take sex drive reducing drugs to help avoid urges. However, adult-adult homosexual relationships are two adults consenting, so there is no problem.

There is good reason why homosexuality is becoming more accepted, there's nothing wrong with it.The weak arguments used by it's opponents only make it look worse, such as the one you are using, as they amount to either a-some ******** viewpoint that it's a choice(and really who cares even if it is) b-'it's bad because a book says so' and c-some insane paranoia about the consequences

This mentality may seem to have that gays are trying to 'take over the world' and recruit everyone into becoming gay is simply ********.