Tyler Starr Discuss His Draft Day

atljbo

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/2014/05/10/falcons-draft-usds-starr/8948905/

Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff was on the other end of the line while visitors were trying to hush up.

"He said he was looking forward to having me and that they have a plan for me," said Starr, adding that he would have likely signed with the Houston Texas as a free agent if Atlanta hadn't called. "(The Falcons) are switching to a 3-4 defense and they're looking for good hybrid athletes on the team. He said they think I can bring that to them."

You can read the whole article

Writing is on the wall to a 3-4 defense. Which will be our base defense. Forget what Smitty says, we will employ a multiple defensive sets, but we are not considered "multiple." We have 3-4 personnel, and will run everything based off of the 3-4.

Nolan is going to unleash some great defensives this season now that he has veterans in middle that he can count on to hold the point of attack while the LBs wreak havoc

I'd like to go on the record and say the following:

I predict that this guy will be this year's message board hero. In the tradition of Cole Magner,Kerry Meier, Bear Woods and Adam Replogle.

Hopefully he fares better than those I mentioned.

JMO

You can't blame people that root for the underdog,

It's human nature to pull for people that even though they have little chance of making the team or winning the race they have the courage to try.

I'm not sure who i'll be pulling for this year

Writing is on the wall to a 3-4 defense. Which will be our base defense. Forget what Smitty says, we will employ a multiple defensive sets, but we are not considered "multiple." We have 3-4 personnel, and will run everything based off of the 3-4.

Also on passing downs... We may be able to get away with rushing with what we have because our OLB will go aginst TE's and RB's sometimes

JMO

You can't blame people that root for the underdog,

It's human nature to pull for people that even though they have little chance of making the team or winning the race they have the courage to try.

I'm not sure who i'll be pulling for this year

I hear you. I'm certainly not blaming anyone! I've been a Falcons fan since '89. I understand pulling for an underdog!

I predict that this guy will be this year's message board hero. In the tradition of Cole Magner,Kerry Meier, Bear Woods and Adam Replogle.

I just don't see a LB who runs a 4.9 40 making the roster.

Wait you forgot the best non-factor receiver of all time, the one dude just not given his chance...Bergeron!!! Bring him back home TD!