Falcons Tried To Trade Up For Safety Jimmie Ward

Oh well, I like the way our draft went..Ill take Hageman in the 2nd everyday and twice on sundays. Southward has a TON of potential.

FUNNY THIN IS EVERYONE WOULD HAVE BITCHED THAT WE TRADED UP SAYING WE COULD HAVE GOT HIM IN THE 2ND HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Edited by outofsight2484

Oh well, I like the way our draft went..Ill take Hageman in the 2nd everyday and twice on sundays. Southward has a TON of potential.

FUNNY THIN IS EVERYONE WOULD HAVE BITCHED THAT WE TRADED UP SAYING WE COULD HAVE GOT HIM IN THE 2ND HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

^ yep :D

X2

i'm good w/ the way it went down. If we could have moved up, we would have lost Hageman. I could see Jimmie Ward being a star safety but would rather have the star interior defender in Hageman. If Southward is not a bust, then we look even better.

I wonder if the Cowboys really stole Demarcus Lawrence from us. They were intent on trading up in front of us in the 2nd and gave up a lot to do so. Wonder if we had any interest.

I believe Falcons had supreme interest in Lawrence - we had PW, Proday and Visit - Vaughn McClure wrote primarily about Jake Matthews and DeMarcus Lawrence immediately prior to draft - he seemed to be in tune w/ front office.

vaughn mcclure@vxmcclure23 13h

NIU safety Jimmie Ward was one of the primary players the Falcons wanted to trade back into the first round to get. Picked by 49ers at 30

That one trade would have changed our whole draft.

Yeah I read that earlier. Like many have mentioned, if Southward turns out to be a good player it wouldn't matter. Hoping that Hageman has a bunch of knock down passes

Our draft didn't go the way we wanted.

We hoped to have Clowney, Robinson, or Mack fall to us, but that didn't happen.

We tried to trade back into the 1st for a safety but that didn't happen.

We hoped RB Terrence West (who we showed a boat load of interest in) fell to us in the 4th but that didn't happen.

I'd imagine TD and Smitty were entirely pleased with how the draft fell.

I do think Matthews, Freeman, and Shembo were quality picks however.

I don't get the Demarcus Lawrence love. I'm not an expert by any means, but dude didn't have nearly the burst off the snap that Ford, Attaochu, or even Van Noy showed. I was kind of relieved the Cowboys grabbed him, because I thought it guaranteed us Attaochu. I was wrong.

I bet they were trying to move up for quite a few guys

TD said it started at about 20 when he was trying to get Dee Ford

But it may have worked out great in tjhe long run

Yea because there is no player of Hageman's caliber/potential after #37. I'd take Southward's ceiling with Hageman over Ward and no third.