Buccaneers And Falcons In Top 5 Draft Winners...

jb 3.0

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys had a great draft. Getting Evans and that TE. If McCown plays like he did last year with the Bears when Cutler was hurt and if Martin is 100% then I can see you guys competing for the division - no joke. I have a lot of respect for Lovie and Frazier - the improvement is coaching is worth 1-2 wins by itself.

I was not looking forward to Lovie being in the south. This draft doesn't help that I worry about the Bucs because they have always had talent they just didn't have a coach. Now they have both and are improving with more Talent. I just don't see them not making the playoffs this year and thats going to be rough on our Falcons. All 4 teams in the NFC will be competitive and someone with a winning record will be on the outside looking in....:( playoff rules change please.

That's nice for the Falcons. Maybe when the Bucs, Panthers and Saints are competing for the division crown, the Falcons can point to their printed up and framed NFL.com article , declaring them as having a top 5 draft.

let the hate consume you

http://www.nfl.com/n...ly-draft-grades

I suppose I was thinking the Falcons could've done more after the 2nd round.

If you evaluate on players alone, Matthews, Hageman, Freeman, Shembo and Smallwood comprise a nice class. If you factor in needs and how they were addressed, the grade should come down. The pass rush is still weak, as is TE. When you are set at QB and drafting early in every round, with 3 extra picks, it is reasonable to expect more.

If you evaluate on players alone, Matthews, Hageman, Freeman, Shembo and Smallwood comprise a nice class. If you factor in needs and how they were addressed, the grade should come down. The pass rush is still weak, as is TE. When you are set at QB and drafting early in every round, with 3 extra picks, it is reasonable to expect more.

I think TD did really well, he addressed a lot of needs without sacrificing the picks that he had. Not to mention the first round pick alone was great.

this about sums it up. you all picked up some nice talent but failed to address the holes you had before the draft. however, good talent always makes a team better even if only to put you in a position to trade for what you need

curious to see the route you would have taken.

curious to see the route you would have taken.

First two rounds were pretty good, but the Southward pick kind of took the steam out of the draft. I thought FS could wait, as all the talent had been taken early. Wasn't much in the way of pass rush there either, but Louis Nix gives you the pocket push needed to help out the outside rush and insurance against boom/bust Hageman.

Draft analysis really kinda makes me laugh, especially after the first 10 or so picks and even those aren't always reliable. No one really has a clue as to what they are talking about.

i dont take experts opinions seriously, much less message boarders who take experts opinions seriously.

That's nice for the Falcons. Maybe when the Bucs, Panthers and Saints are competing for the division crown, the Falcons can point to their printed up and framed NFL.com article , declaring them as having a top 5 draft.

that's a lot of Bravado...but you do know the panthers have no chance of winning the division this year, right?