DT/FB Roosevelt Nix, Kent State

Nix is listed as a defensive tackle, which worked out well for him in the MAC, where he earned first-team all-conference honors in all four seasons, but at 248 pounds, he'll likely be expected to make a shift. That's why the slash-fullback part of his description is intriguing.

Falcons Round Out the Day with Undrafted Free Agent Signings - The Falcoholic

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2014/5/10/5705398/falcons-round-out-the-day-with-undrafted-free-agent

Really excited to see this guy and hoping he makes the team with his versatility. Special teamer and possibly goal line/4th and short situations.

I think the nfl will come full circle and with defenses getting smaller and more complex soon we will see again the teams that just go BIG smash mouth run it down your throat and dont try to hide it just try to stop us run game football. I like that we are getting bigger it seems so is seattle and san fran. Not the highlight football on sports center but if it wins games....thats why id like to see this guy make it, that and all of our recent 4th and short woes.

I think the nfl will come full circle and with defenses getting smaller and more complex soon we will see again the teams that just go BIG smash mouth run it down your throat and dont try to hide it just try to stop us run game football. I like that we are getting bigger it seems so is seattle and san fran. Not the highlight football on sports center but if it wins games....thats why id like to see this guy make it, that and all of our recent 4th and short woes.

Its all cyclical. We went pass heavy so teams like the 49ers and Seahawks had success running. Now teams will try to duplicate that and passing will come back into play a few years down the road.

Its all about match ups. Now there is a lot of speed so power can beat you. Then the defenses will become power, and speed will return.

And soon after that you will have a lot of OTs and OGs in the league that have trained their whole lives to be able to do both. THEN the fun starts. Well. Except for the defenses lol.

Its all cyclical. We went pass heavy so teams like the 49ers and Seahawks had success running. Now teams will try to duplicate that and passing will come back into play a few years down the road.

Its all about match ups. Now there is a lot of speed so power can beat you. Then the defenses will become power, and speed will return.

And soon after that you will have a lot of OTs and OGs in the league that have trained their whole lives to be able to do both. THEN the fun starts. Well. Except for the defenses lol.

I completely agree...not to get far off the subject of nix. This topic needs its own thread with all the possibilities and different looks at different positions affected. Great to have some versatility on your roster. I really wish he could bulk up a little bit like 10 lbs or more but seeing his frame I dont know about how much bigger the kid could get. Hes the undrafted signing that most intrigues me.

Yes. We have gotten away from that power run in this new qb driven nfl. I believe di marco is our only fb on the roster.

I think had the Falcons not gotten blown out against the Packers in that playoff game the Falcons would still be a run first team. I like for us to go back to be a power run team with a physical defense. That is what wins Super Bowls.

• 3 months later...