My Gems Of This Draft Are Prince Shembo And Ricardo Allen

MSalmon

I think we can say Jake Matthews and Hageman being good to great players is almost a given sans incidents, injuries or just lack of effort.i think lack of effort definitely won't be problem with Jake and tbh cox IMO will turn Hagemen into a beast.

But great teams are built upon gems.. The guys in mid to late rounds who become game changers. I've got two:

Prince shembo and Allen

Shembo reminds me of that mike Vrabel or Jarrett Johnson (who Nolan coached) backer that can line up inside or outside. Provides pass rush, decent coverage and physicality against the run. Is he a 10-12 sack guy? Maybe not, but he'll get 5-8 sacks, harass QBs and make bone crushing hits.

Allen is a scrappy playmaker. Who despite his size is physical. 4 ints returned for TDs...this guy is that scrappy, pain in the rear cb in our rotation that opposing teams hate.

Both guys have swagger as well.

Who's your gems that we drafted and why?

Freeman. Looks like a good chance to be our Muscle Hamster.

I'm liking him too. I really never thought we'd draft him so I never focused on him, but wow he has great vision and receiving skills. He looks a lot faster than Quizz as well but still shifty. Good choice

Im keep to hear TD's day three presser, he always give a useful insight into why the drafted the player.

I think Allen has nickekback written all over him.

Allen is definitely a nickleback. But playmaking skills at that position is a boon. I'm curious how McClain and Alford will be used with Allen in fold. Alford as starter?

Hopefully whoever starts at Freesafety is a Gem. The Saints may decide to target FS.

Hopefully whoever starts at Freesafety is a Gem. The Saints may decide to target FS.

Southward is an intriguing prospect. Great physical attributes. If I had to pick a position I'm kinda worried about it's probably FS. But then again Nolan is a genius in the secondary and adding size , talent and depth to the LB and DL should help mask weakness in specific areas like FS

My early thoughts on Southward is career back up, and we address FS in rd 2 next year.

Huh? So the third round guy is depth but a second rounder next year is a starter? I'm not following your logic. Sorry

Btw let me say clearly that I have no clue if southward is starter material, but the difference between a 2nd and 3rd round safety is minimal. Neither tend to be elite

I'm actually pretty excited about the other 2 LBers it seems that a big focus was getting more athletic with LBers. It seems they want to keep bodies off LBers and allow them to fly to the ball and they got the guys to do it.

Spruill, Marquis ILB 6'1" 231 Syracuse

At Syracuse's pro day, Spruill ran the 40 in 4.59 seconds on both attempts. He had a short shuttle time of 4.44 seconds and a three-cone time of 7.33 seconds. He had a 34 1/2-inch vertical jump and 9-foot-9 broad jump. He had 21 strength lifts.

Starr, Tyler OLB 6'4" 250 South Dakota

Starr was at the combine and played very well in the East-West Shrine Game. At his pro day, he ran 4.58 and 4.59 in the 40. He had a 31 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 9-9 broad jump. He ran the short shuttle in 4.37 seconds." -- Gil Brandt

They should easily be very good STs guys and hopefully develop in to at least good role players and at most productive starters. They have some good tools and seem to be good players. Hopefully they can translate it to the next level with good coaching.

Edited by Sobeit

My early thoughts on Southward is career back up, and we address FS in rd 2 next year.

I don't think he will be a career backup but I do think he will start out as a backup this year to Lowery though. It's too early to say if we need to target FS next year, especially that early in the draft.