With The Interior Dl We Now Have, We Don't Need More Edge Rushers…

With the amount of focus we have put on drafting and signing edge rushers over the last 4 - 5 years, the studs are already in place. Anyone who watched the Falcons closely knows that we always had a guy ALMOST get to the QB only for him to step up into the pocket and cause a near miss sack.

With our new interior DL, QB's may actually get pushed back a step and right into the clutches of our edge rushers.

Just wait and see.

Guest facelessman07

I would've been happy if we had gotten another D-tackle.......Hageman, Soliai, and Jackson can't be on the field 100% of the time, and the other tackles aren't that great--the same men who gave us no pass rush last year. Hopefully we can sign a good vet or two once cuts start

Again, they did this with **** for an interior DL. We now have REAL guys who require double teams and can still generate pressure and their own sacks. This year will be vastly different. I would have been pissed had we drafted yet ANOTHER DE without addressing the interior push. All the OT's have to do is ride our edge rushers up field to create a pocket and running lanes.

I would've been happy if we had gotten another D-tackle.......Hageman, Soliai, and Jackson can't be on the field 100% of the time, and the other tackles aren't that great--the same men who gave us no pass rush last year. Hopefully we can sign a good vet or two once cuts start

Goodman has 5T ability and Hageman can man the 1T in 4 man fronts. We don't have a back up 0T, but we've got more than enough.

The rotation is what's good about it. Babs and company were wore out late in the game. The rotation with the new additions will keep then fresher and their speed will be more effective after lineman get tired of Soliai leaning on them.

Guest facelessman07

Goodman has 5T ability and Hageman can man the 1T in 4 man fronts. We don't have a back up 0T, but we've got more than enough.

Was soooooooo hard to pass on Nix tho, especially when he was RIGHT THERE.....

Guest facelessman07

The rotation is what's good about it. Babs and company were wore out late in the game. The rotation with the new additions will keep then fresher and their speed will be more effective after lineman get tired of Soliai leaning on them.

Babs is the only 1 I would really trust, but he's getting up there in age. Peters is coming off a serious injury and Jerry....well ain't no need explaining that one

Edited by facelessman07

Babs is the only 1 I would really trust. Peters is coming off a serious injury and Jerry....well ain't no need explaining that one

Jerry finally had a good season in last years rotation. I'd expect that to continue with his knee holding up fairly well. Especially with this new rotation.

Guest facelessman07

I think Kerr is still a FA. Or has he been picked up?

I think he's still a FA. They need to be working those phones, we should've tried to grab Copeland before Cincy got him

Edit: D@mn he is a Colt. Ffffff.......

Edited by facelessman07

Guest facelessman07

Jerry finally had a good season in last years rotation. I'd expect that to continue with his knee holding up fairly well. Especially with this new rotation.

Contract year, that's the thing that really worries me

Let me tell you God's truth,old sport. We will be a scary team when those Almost sacks start turning into sacks because the quarterback has no where to step up.I just don't see this defense having a dominate pass rusher that has 12-15 sacks a season.What I do see is 5-7 players getting 4-6 sacks apiece,and to me it's harder to game plan for 5-7 pass threats then one.