Not Much Changed Around Here

As one of the old guard around here I can see things have not changed much.

Still have a number of arm chaired GM's who can do just a little better then our current guy. No matter if its TD or McKay , there is always a few who know just a little more.

Guys just remember that in grand scheme of things we are all just Falcons fans. No need for negativity on every thread. With that said always remember it is just football , we all love it , but it is just football. We are all brothers here :)

I can get behind people who disagree with picks, but the people questioning TD's proficiency (which means they feel they themself would do a better job) is just puzzling. I'd like to compare the scout work these armchair GMs have done and who they've interviewed and broken down film on compared to the front office team. It's just laughable, really.

TD, Smitty, and company log 300+ hours in the air flying around the country in 21 days to make educated picks, and Johnny from his bedroom thinks we've made a bad move. SMH

These idiots lack the humility to accept that maybe - just maybe - the professional front office and scouts that we spend millions on every year, who have year of experience analysing these prospect and who spend thousands of hours per year doing so, might be right and may know a little bit more than they do.

As one of the old guard around here I can see things have not changed much.

Still have a number of arm chaired GM's who can do just a little better then our current guy. No matter if its TD or McKay , there is always a few who know just a little more.

Guys just remember that in grand scheme of things we are all just Falcons fans. No need for negativity on every thread. With that said always remember it is just football , we all love it , but it is just football. We are all brothers here smile.png

I have been a member of this board from the early Dan Reeves day( changed name and lost member date from) and it's always the same thing on draft day. of how stupid the FO is. I agree if you come on this board you should be a fan and you should have the right to a opinion. Now with that said, we only need to post it once not multiple times and not blow up a positive post as they have a right to their opinion also.

I can get behind people who disagree with picks, but the people questioning TD's proficiency (which means they feel they themself would do a better job) is just puzzling. I'd like to compare the scout work these armchair GMs have done and who they've interviewed and broken down film on compared to the front office team. It's just laughable, really.

TD, Smitty, and company log 300+ hours in the air flying around the country in 21 days to make educated picks, and Johnny from his bedroom thinks we've made a bad move. SMH

If I could high five you...

4-12. One (1) play-off win in TD's six-year tenure. The worst depth in the NFL going into this off-season. Johnny from his bedroom couldn't have done much worse with names glued to a dart board and a handful of darts in most years.

4-12. One (1) play-off win in TD's six-year tenure. The worst depth in the NFL going into this off-season. Johnny from his bedroom couldn't have done much worse with names glued to a dart board and a handful of darts in most years.

3rd best record in the NFL from 08-12, with the #1 seed twice and an appearance in the NFCCG.

Do you honestly think that you or Johnny from his bedroom couldn't have done much worse? Wow.

3rd best record in the NFL from 08-12, with the #1 seed twice and an appearance in the NFCCG.

Do you honestly think that you or Johnny from his bedroom couldn't have done much worse? Wow.

Third-best REGULAR SEASON record in the NFL, woop-te-effing do do. They were still getting laughed at on NFLN and ESPN because the team was a gutless sham playing a style of football that died out decades ago. The sports talking heads and most non-Falcon fans could see we were pretenders every time we played a top-tier team. I'm personally disgusted by how badly the Saints have dominated TD and Smith. The rivalry is dead, they've beaten us into oblivion. I make no claims as to whether I could've done better, but I like my chances considering how TD's drafts have turned out for the most part.

From a practical point, this makes sense...from a viewpoint based on RESULTS, (not excuses, outside circumstances...) it is completely justified! What is the point if it never translates into SuperBowl appearances?

The only true stat that really matters is how many SuperBowls are they APPEARING IN & how many are they WINNING?

Third-best REGULAR SEASON record in the NFL, woop-te-effing do do. They were still getting laughed at on NFLN and ESPN because the team was a gutless sham playing a style of football that died out decades ago. The sports talking heads and most non-Falcon fans could see we were pretenders every time we played a top-tier team. I'm personally disgusted by how badly the Saints have dominated TD and Smith. The rivalry is dead, they've beaten us into oblivion. I make no claims as to whether I could've done better, but I like my chances considering how TD's drafts have turned out for the most part.

I AGREE....

When you see the same pattern recurring over and over....(FG's in the RedZone, Quizz up the middle, 3rd QTR collapses, Blowing 14-21+ Pt Leads, Being able to call the next play from your living room couch, ETC...)

Only a couple teams with better records over the last 6 years...get a clue dude smh

You right the pros have been doing the drafting and how has that turned out!!! Last I checked we have been man-handled on the big stage for the last 4 or 5 years. Now during this time the pros (DImitrioff) has been making these picks. So yeah I'm complaining about some of these choices. Especially the 5'9 Allen geez!!!!

Okay with this record how many playoff games have we won??? Better yet how many Superbowls have we played in? Of those Superbowls, how many of them have we won with the 3rd best record in from 08-12???

The J stands for Johnny.Yall keep my motherf****** name out your mouths.Btw I can beyond a doubt say Johnny would have drafted tons of big name busts and done much worse than TD has so discussion over as far as Johnny goes.

I AGREE....

When you see the same pattern recurring over and over....(FG's in the RedZone, Quizz up the middle, 3rd QTR collapses, Blowing 14-21+ Pt Leads, Being able to call the next play from your living room couch, ETC...)

Those are all coaching issues. TD built a roster that was good enough to get to and build a sizeable lead in the NFCCG.

Okay with this record how many playoff games have we won??? Better yet how many Superbowls have we played in? Of those Superbowls, how many of them have we won with the 3rd best record in from 08-12???

Maybe you'd have been happier with 3 losing seasons and 2 seasons with wildcard wins? After all, we'd have twice as many playoff wins, so by your logic we'd have done better. Using playoff wins as the sole measure of performance is misleading and deliberately dishonest. Getting the #1 seed earns a bye which is the equivalent if a playoff win.

We all want a Super Bowl win, but this is a league designed to create parity, with 31 other teams who work just and hard as we do try to succeed. This isn't a computer game where we can win the Superbowl every time, or restart the game when we are getting beaten. Besides, other factors such a coaching, players, injuries or just flat out luck, have as huge impact on results. In reality, a GM can built the best team in the NFL and still not win a Super Bowl with it.To suggest that every GM whose team doesn't win a Superbowl is garbage, is laughable and shows a failure to grasp reality.

You guys come across as spoilt little children, who demand everything without any regard to - or understanding of - the reasonableness of your demands, and then have a temper tantrum when you don't get it.