Okay How Do We Go About Te And De Now?

J-Wall

We failed to address a huge need at Pass Rusher. We did however BEEF up our front to collapse the pocket which will help. But dang we still have a glaring hole there. Maybe we trade or pick up somebody off waivers in the coming months. And TE we are unproven and have only Levine there. Those 2 areas need addressed and fast. Think we got a lot better though this offseason.

We failed to address a huge need at Pass Rusher. We did however BEEF up our front to collapse the pocket which will help. But dang we still have a glaring hole there. Maybe we trade or pick up somebody off waivers in the coming months. And TE we are unproven and have only Levine there. Those 2 areas need addressed and fast. Think we got a lot better though this offseason.

Are you out of your mind? Jackson is our run stuffing DE in a 3-4, Hageman is the pass rushing DE. He is a beast. We also drafted 2 LBs and a blitzing safety

Who has that gif of Mass creaming Kaepernick when we actually got interior pressure?

Shembo could really help the rush too, but Hageman will be difference maker, both pressuring himself and helping our edge rushers.

Edited by B3TD

DEs Hageman, Jackson, Umenyiora, Bierman, Massaquoi, Goodman, Maponga, Matthews

pick 5

TEs Toilolo, Pascoe, Szyzebra, Schuler

pick 3

OR there will be about 20 UDFAs added this weekend

OR wait until the end of pre-season at the cut downs and find one then

I'm fine with our TE's. Pascoe will hold down blocking duties and maybe Toilio shows us something as a WR. If not, then we can find a TE next offseason. Either way, I don't think TE will hurt us all that much. Harry Douglas and Devin Hester will handle the targets Tony G leaves behind.

As far as a Pass Rusher, I am slightly disappointed by the lack of a solid addition; however, I think it will work similar to how the TE situation will work out. We have some young guys who will get a chance. Shembo, Maponga, Massaquoi are all interesting and it is possible that the big boys up front (who i love) will help them out. Osi and Biermann will be alright for now. Next off season we might actually have the depth to move up for a guy like Vic Beasley. At that point our defense becomes scary

pick 5

pick 3

WTF is with tight end's names? Seriously. TEs have the weirdest ******* names.

Here's how TE is going to work out.

We'll throw to them less. Much less.

Tonys throws will go to the WRs and RBs

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this

you don't necessarily need a great pass receiving TE

it's just that nearly all teams are doing that these days

you do need a 3rd down conversion receiver and that can be done with a WR or RB

Don't forget that Tony "replaced" Finneran as the possession receiver

It's a job that Roddy is already very good at.

We failed to address our pass rush? I highly doubt that.

We've beefed up our front. Added Soliai and TJax in the offseason and still have Babs and Peters. Got Ra'Shede Hageman in the draft. With a bigger front, comes more room for the linebackers to maneuver. Prince Shembo looks strong and Marquis Spruill looks like a demon rushing through an open gap (which our DL should be able to provide plenty of those). Both Shembo and Spruill look like great all around linebackers whether blitzing or stopping the run. Although not sure about Spruil in coverage but have heard that Shembo is surprisingly decent in coverage. Not to mention that we're also hopefully going to start getting rewarded from our other young guys with Goodman (who added 15 pounds muscle), Massaquoi, and Maponga. Also we've got Worrilow and Bartu who should both get even better in their second year.

With a better defensive front comes better coverage from the secondary and vice versa. Our secondary is looking deep, folks. Whether you want to believe that or not, it looks deep. Willy Mo, Tru, and Alford of course. Competition for the FS spot with guys like Charles Mitchell, Motta, Ishmael, and now Southward. Also a vet in Lowery. Between all of those guys I'm sure that we will find some decent play. Behind Tru and Alford is McClain, Josh Wilson, Ricardo Allen, and Javier Arenas. CB is most likely our deepest position. McClain, sure he has some bad moments but he's also had some good moments too. Josh Wilson was the Redskins #2 CB but he's coming here to be our #3 or #4 CB that's good value. Ricardo Allen looks a complete steal. He's undersized but so was Grimes. He's a ball hawk who possesses great instincts and tackling ability.

Of course a lot of this is based on potential and 'could be' but I'd rather go this route then have a bunch of old proven players who are at the tail end of their careers (like if we had a bunch of John Hendersons, Ray Lewis', Grady Jacksons, Jason Taylors, etc.).

Edited by CTann

We've beefed up our front. Added Soliai and TJax in the offseason and still have Babs and Peters. Got Ra'Shede Hageman in the draft. With a bigger front, comes more room for the linebackers to maneuver. Prince Shimbo looks strong and Marquis Spruill looks like a demon rushing through an open gap (which our DL should be able to provide plenty of those). Both Shimbo and Spruill look like great all around linebackers whether blitzing or stopping the run. Although not sure about Spruil in coverage but have heard that Shimbo is surprisingly decent in coverage. Not to mention that we're also hopefully going to start getting rewarded from our other young guys with Goodman (who added 15 pounds muscle), Massaquoi, and Maponga. Also we've got Worrilow and Bartu who should both get even better in their second year.

With a better defensive front comes better coverage from the secondary and vice versa. Our secondary is looking deep, folks. Whether you want to believe that or not, it looks deep. Willy Mo, Tru, and Alford of course. Competition for the FS spot with guys like Charles Mitchell, Motta, Ishmael, and now Southward. Also a vet in Lowery. Between all of those guys I'm sure that we will find some decent play. Behind Tru and Alford is McClain, Josh Wilson, Ricardo Allen, and Javier Arenas. CB is most likely our deepest position. McClain, sure he has some bad moments but he's also had some good moments too. Josh Wilson was the Redskins #2 CB but he's coming here to be our #3 or #4 CB that's good value. Ricardo Allen looks a complete steal. He's undersized but so was Grimes. He's a ball hawk who possesses great instincts and tackling ability.

Of course a lot of this is based on potential and 'could be' but I'd rather go this route then have a bunch of old proven players who are at the tail end of their careers (like if we had a bunch of John Hendersons, Ray Lewis', Grady Jacksons, Jason Taylors, etc.).

What he said laugh.png

it all boils down to what you believe is wrong with the pass rush

many blame the outside rushers

others (me among them) thinK a very lot of it has to do with the inability of the DTs to get upfield and collapse the pocket consistently. This leaves the DTs stuck at the LOS and the outsid rushers upfield thus creating natural lanes for the QB to step up , pass, or escape.

In reality its problably a combination of both

pick 5

pick 3

Most of those guys you listed are going to be LBers. Hageman, Jackson, Peters, Babs, and Jerry are all competing at DE.

Osi and Biermann are definitely OLB's in the 3-4.

Come on J-Wall, you are smarter than this:

We don't have a glaring hole, we have a completely different scheme, the team believes in Mass and say it with me "Collapse the pocket from within".

As for TE, more 3 and 4 WR sets instead of a Tony Gonzalez type TE...

Most of those guys you listed are going to be LBers. Hageman, Jackson, Peters, Babs, and Jerry are all competing at DE.

Osi and Biermann are definitely OLB's in the 3-4.

yea you are right but before camp starts and we see who is where I'm still using the base 4-3 designations.

Earlier this year Smith did say something like "we will keep doing what we've been doing but some of the guys may be called other things"

if you want you can remove Mass , Bier Maponga etc and replace them with DEs named Babs, Jerry, Peters etc

still there are 14 D-linemen on the current roster and they normally carry 9/10 may drop a little if they use base 3-4

We've beefed up our front. Added Soliai and TJax in the offseason and still have Babs and Peters. Got Ra'Shede Hageman in the draft. With a bigger front, comes more room for the linebackers to maneuver. Prince Shembo looks strong and Marquis Spruill looks like a demon rushing through an open gap (which our DL should be able to provide plenty of those). Both Shembo and Spruill look like great all around linebackers whether blitzing or stopping the run. Although not sure about Spruil in coverage but have heard that Shembo is surprisingly decent in coverage. Not to mention that we're also hopefully going to start getting rewarded from our other young guys with Goodman (who added 15 pounds muscle), Massaquoi, and Maponga. Also we've got Worrilow and Bartu who should both get even better in their second year.

Don't think those mid late rd lbers will get on the field very much yr unless it's special teams

Don't think those mid late rd lbers will get on the field very much yr unless it's special teams

Of course. That's how it usually is around here but I'm hoping that they will some this year and then a lot more each year after.