Marquis Spruill

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When TJax, Soliai, and Hageman take double teams and cause the OL to panic this guy is going to come speeding through the gap and either force a monster sack/hit or causing the QB to have to just throw the ball away and possibly into the hands of a Falcons' defender.

That will be his specialty.

From what I gather...Nasty, freakish athletic LB (4.53 40yd dash)...started 49 games, 41 TFL, 12 sacks over career...probably didnt need to move up, but not everyone will make the team...

We are seriously going to have competition on the defensive side of the ball...

AND...we are getting tougher as a team...

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan

These last two picks baffle me... I mean, these guys don't look like starters in the slightest, I mean NO starter potential period. Heck, they barely have depth potential... TD is looking for special teamers too early.

you aren't looking for starters in the 5th-7th rounds lol. You looking for depth and special team players

When TJax, Soliai, and Hageman take double teams and cause the OL to panic this guy is going to come speeding through the gap and either force a monster sack/hit or causing the QB to have to just throw the ball away and possibly into the hands of a Falcons' defender.

Don't forget peters he was only doubled 70% of the snaps he played last year last year

I really wouldn't be shocked if Hageman and peters almost combine for 15-20 sacks next season

That will be his specialty.

Exactly. I'm really liking what the Falcons are doing.

Shembo and Spruill both look like they could fit well behind the type of defensive line that we have assembled.

Doesn't matter what we do at this point. I honestly think this is by far the very best offseason in a long long time. Through the front office additions, coaching changes, free agent signings, and now the draft.

Spruill is the type of player I've been wanting. Edge rush just got better. The middle is more solid, plus he plays WLB also. Bryan Cox has tons to teach this kid. He played all LB positions and occasional DE. He is going to show him something. Same typeo f player.

Thanks for the video KOG, had never heard of the guy but man I liked that highlight video. Plays mean and nasty, and runs through players when he tackles. Love the attitude.

Don't forget peters he was only doubled 70% of the snaps he played last year last year

I really wouldn't be shocked if Hageman and peters almost combine for 15-20 sacks next season

Hey man I'm definitely with you on that one!

But now YOU don't forget about Goodman either! biggrin.png Added 15 pounds muscle and already seemed like a good run stopper!

But yeah man I agree with you, I'm excited about what the Falcons are doing!