If Michael Sam Is Available At The End Of The 7Th

Nole9782

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm all about BPA today. SEC DPOY = proven on-field results against the best talent in the country. i honestly don't think his off-field business will end up mattering at all. His problem is he's the classic tweener (too small for the DL, not athletic enough for LB) that can excel in college but not cut it in the pros. But someone who produced at the highest level in college in the late rounds is never a bad strategy.

i'm all about BPA today. SEC DPOY = proven on-field results against the best talent in the country. i honestly don't think his off-field business will end up mattering at all. His problem is he's the classic tweener (too small for the DL, not athletic enough for LB) that can excel in college but not cut it in the pros. But someone who produced at the highest level in college in the late rounds is never a bad strategy.

For teams running primarily a 3-4 or a 4-3, I can understand why a tweener would be a deal breaker. But for teams that use both 3-4 and 4-3, why wouldn't a tweener be a good thing? I know I am probably missing something, but what?

No

What? He is projected 4th-6th, if you wouldn't take him in the seventh it isn't because of talent, it's because of his sexual preference or the "attention" it would bring...and honestly that's pathetic. He made a ton of huge plays, won defensive awards and is in a position of need for us...so pathetic people get hung up on **** like that in today's world.

For teams running primarily a 3-4 or a 4-3, I can understand why a tweener would be a deal breaker. But for teams that use both 3-4 and 4-3, why wouldn't a tweener be a good thing? I know I am probably missing something, but what?

Too small to play DL in the 3-4, he could be a situational pass rusher at OLB. whether he could see the field at DE in 4-3 sets depends on who the other options are. Like i said, i would definitely take him in the 7th for the Falcons. SEC DPOY in the 7th is a value pick.

I hope he gets drafted, I think our locker room could handle the circus that comes with. Don't know how the front office feels about this. Also have to factor the team being located in the south. Religious zelots would be out in full force.

Would be worth it just to see Falcons fans with Sam jerseys dining at Chik-Fil-A tongue.png

What? He is projected 4th-6th, if you wouldn't take him in the seventh it isn't because of talent, it's because of his sexual preference or the "attention" it would bring...and honestly that's pathetic. He made a ton of huge plays, won defensive awards and is in a position of need for us...so pathetic people get hung up on **** like that in today's world.

**** yea he could challenge Maponga for that roster spot. Bring em in.

Would be worth it just to see Falcons fans with Sam jerseys dining at Chik-Fil-A tongue.png

LOL

well, if it was the end of the 7th, he d be in the right place, the *** end. ph34r.png

I'd point out that it is 2014 already, but it is the South. The South is always a few decades behind (I was born and raised in GA...but it is what it is...)

Edited by Nole9782

I say No,Why waste a pick on a guy when he's not better than what we have on the roster.

very slow combine time 4.9 40 yard, bench-pressed 225 pounds just 17 times, recorded a 7.8-second 3-cone drill and posted an abysmal 25 1/2-inch vertical jump.

Definitely would want to know where the disconnect comes between this and his performance on the field.

I say No,Why waste a pick on a guy when he's not better than what we have on the roster.

very slow combine time 4.9 40 yard, bench-pressed 225 pounds just 17 times, recorded a 7.8-second 3-cone drill and posted an abysmal 25 1/2-inch vertical jump.

Sooo you think rookies drafted later in the draft with no nfl experience should be better than experienced players already in the nfl???

I hope he gets drafted, I think our locker room could handle the circus that comes with. Don't know how the front office feels about this. Also have to factor the team being located in the south. Religious zelots would be out in full force.

Honestly, I don't think any of this would be an issue. Fans hate players who aren't good and/or don't try. Nothing else matters. People like Biermann because he tries hard. H*ll, I like Biermann because he tries hard. As long as Sam can be good or tries hard, he won't have any problems.

Honestly, I don't think any of this would be an issue. Fans hate players who aren't good and/or don't try. Nothing else matters. People like Biermann because he tries hard. H*ll, I like Biermann because he tries hard. As long as Sam can be good or tries hard, he won't have any problems.

Yeah, but Biermann doesn't like boning other dudes and for some fans, even in 2014, that will matter. I can't even imagine having to deal with opposing fans. I admire the guy for coming out, but I think it's going to be an adjustment for everybody...more than people want to admit.