Now I don't completely want to be Mr. negative and I want to state that as full truth.

And I will admit that it's very hard to be a Falcons fan when the same trends from 1998 till now continue to haunt us.

I'm only 23 years old and I have watched the Atlanta Falcons since I was like 7. And I know there are plenty of you on these forums and plenty that are not on these forums that have watched them since the beginning and Dawn of time.

And in real life I'm one of the most positive people you'll ever meet. I mean Southern hospitality to the bone. But when you watch every facet of this organization as I have the past I don't know 15-16 years of my life, and I can't imagine for some of you who watched for 20+ years, and continue to see the same trends that this organization has said they won't follow, that they will change and make right it just becomes too frustrating.

Now I can see why people come down with medical conditions because of how stressful it is how much you want somebody to do something so well and yet it just turns out to be the same old poppycock. Fans of the NFL for teams that just completely suck or have been striving to change their identity for years must truly feel like I feel heavy in the chest and out of breath.

No I can ramble on and on and on for hours about how I've watch since our last Super Bowl appearance all the way to Matty ice right now. But the fact remains that this team promised us a change of identity and yet we're doing the same things over and over again. anyone who thinks the front office should not change or does not have any blame to fall on them is full of themselves and have become so Homer that they have failed to see what actually is the problem.

Am I a homer? Yes by all means! I at least eat my crow with dignity. But do I feel like this team should've changed maybe I don't know two years ago three years ago? YES.

I'm not calling this draft a bust because that would just be plain stupid. I'm not looking for attention this is not the reason why I posted this thread.

I want to know from each and everyone of you the best posters and the worst posters how frustrated are you with the Falcons to this point?

We still have a whole day to go with hours till we pick rounds four through seven. I'm positive will get some premier athlete's for depth and some steals in these later rounds coming up. But I just wanted to know if anyone else feel like I do is anyone else feel frustrated with this front office?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No. 3 new starters with our first 3 picks. What is there to be frustrated with?

Did you want Clowney instead of Matthews, Hageman, and next years 1st rounder?!? Because that is the minimum it would have taken to go up to 1 and get him. And I'm much happier with those 2 and keeping our 2015 first.

How can you talk bout seeing the "same trends" and not seeing a change of identity?

After 15+ years we have finally FINALLY started focusing on the trenches, building from the inside out. Jon Asamoah was the first major OL free agent we've signed since Todd a wiener in 2002 and Matthews is only the second OL we've taken in the 1st round in 20 years. Conversely, we out 2 most expensive FA pickups were D-linemen and we added another quality DL in the 2nd round.

Since 01, we've spend 5 first rounders (plus multiple other picks) on WR's at the expense of the lines and our defense. Are you honestly saying that you don't see a change in philosophy?

Now I don't completely want to be Mr. negative and I want to state that as full truth.

And I will admit that it's very hard to be a Falcons fan when the same trends from 1998 till now continue to haunt us.

I'm only 23 years old and I have watched the Atlanta Falcons since I was like 7. And I know there are plenty of you on these forums and plenty that are not on these forums that have watched them since the beginning and Dawn of time.

And in real life I'm one of the most positive people you'll ever meet. I mean Southern hospitality to the bone. But when you watch every facet of this organization as I have the past I don't know 15-16 years of my life, and I can't imagine for some of you who watched for 20+ years, and continue to see the same trends that this organization has said they won't follow, that they will change and make right it just becomes too frustrating.

Now I can see why people come down with medical conditions because of how stressful it is how much you want somebody to do something so well and yet it just turns out to be the same old poppycock. Fans of the NFL for teams that just completely suck or have been striving to change their identity for years must truly feel like I feel heavy in the chest and out of breath.

No I can ramble on and on and on for hours about how I've watch since our last Super Bowl appearance all the way to Matty ice right now. But the fact remains that this team promised us a change of identity and yet we're doing the same things over and over again. anyone who thinks the front office should not change or does not have any blame to fall on them is full of themselves and have become so Homer that they have failed to see what actually is the problem.

Am I a homer? Yes by all means! I at least eat my crow with dignity. But do I feel like this team should've changed maybe I don't know two years ago three years ago? YES.

I'm not calling this draft a bust because that would just be plain stupid. I'm not looking for attention this is not the reason why I posted this thread.

I want to know from each and everyone of you the best posters and the worst posters how frustrated are you with the Falcons to this point?

We still have a whole day to go with hours till we pick rounds four through seven. I'm positive will get some premier athlete's for depth and some steals in these later rounds coming up. But I just wanted to know if anyone else feel like I do is anyone else feel frustrated with this front office?

I understand your frustration with some of the bone headed moves this FO makes. The Southward pick makes no sense to me at all. A 6th Rounder in the 3rd is not a good draft strategy in my opinion. I am not downing the kid but I have no clue why they reached liked that. All this doesn't matter now, They are Falcons and I support them. However I am looking a little crazy at TD.

This has been our best offseason since 2008.We've been begging for them to invest in the lines and they have.What exactly do you believe they are doing over and over because we appear to be moving away from the smaller but more athletic DTs and picked up some giant bohemoths.Instead of relying on developmental projects in the line we signed an established starter at guard.We then drafted the most NFL ready RT in the draft.Look at the money and draft picks we put into the lines.That is not the same ole same ole.

Doing the same things over and over again???

The team was weak on both sides of the line of scrimmage and weren't tough last year. Since then we have added:

Tyson Jackson

Paul Soliai

Ra'Shede Hageman

Jake Matthews

Jon Asamoah

How is that not a radical difference?

I think everyone is going WTF about the Southward pick. We could have still gone Safety but one that actually deserved to go in the 3rd.

Fans are fans and we should leave it at that. The coaching staff spent the senior bowl with these kids, researched for years and especially the last 6 months. Just because Mel crapper jr or Todd junkshay give you a projected draft grade for everyone doesn't mean jack shht.

How frustrated should we be if we were patriot fans where some no name qb went in round 2?

Point is we don't know the inside story with these kids we only know what the garbage media shoved in our faces if we choose to follow it.

My advice go play a round of golf get drunk find a chick and live life. Be a fan and support the players and coaches.

Doing the same things over and over again???

The team was weak on both sides of the line of scrimmage and weren't tough last year. Since then we have added:

Tyson Jackson

Paul Soliai

Ra'Shede Hageman

Jake Matthews

Jon Asamoah

How is that not a radical difference?

Yeah....Dimitroff saying "**** value" with our 3rd rounder has made people forget the good work he did in FA and the first 2 rounds. Our DL and OL are both significantly better than they were last season, which is what everyone wanted. I don't really like the Southward pick, but I can still admit that this has been a productive offseason for us no matter how the rest of the draft shakes out.

We lost 7 games last year by 7 points or less with a fuuck ton of injuries, a shiity OL, and a bunch of rookies on defense.

In the time since, we've added 2 DL guys in FA, one in the draft, 1 OL in FA, and one OL in the draft.

We've also replaced our OL & DL coaches.

We've changed the landscape of our trenches completely.

Yet camp hasn't even started yet and we're already biitching about a ton of hypothetical, current non-issues?

At least give it one preseason game before we break out the tampons.

Yeah....Dimitroff saying "**** value" with our 3rd rounder has made people forget the good work he did in FA and the first 2 rounds. Our DL and OL are both significantly better than they were last season, which is what everyone wanted. I don't really like the Southward pick, but I can still admit that this has been a productive offseason for us no matter how the rest of the draft shakes out.

Saying, "**** value," would have been taking a guaranteed mediocre player like Brooks. He went for a high ceiling player to get a potential quality starter a bit down the road rather than glorified depth at the position. It's a positive deviation from his usual MO.

Can't agree with much of anything the OP stated. First, the organization made a HUGE change for the positive when Blank arrived, then another significant change for the better with the arrival of TD & Smitty. 2008-2013 are the best six year run in the history of the franchise - from 40+ years of never having consecutive winning seasons to FIVE STRAIGHT winning seasons.

And this off-season has been radically different, finally address the LOS on both side of the ball in substantive ways - just like fans had been clamoring for. We can never predict with 100% accuracy how draft picks and free agent signings will go, but as a STH, i'm thrilled with the moves - FIVE new big uglies for the trenches! Three new DL, two new OL. What more could reasonably be expected??

No. 3 new starters with our first 3 picks. What is there to be frustrated with?

Did you want Clowney instead of Matthews, Hageman, and next years 1st rounder?!? Because that is the minimum it would have taken to go up to 1 and get him. And I'm much happier with those 2 and keeping our 2015 first.

Was not on the Clowney train. I thought Matthews and Hagemen were great pick ups.

I would not pretreat up at all. It really boils down to is just seeing the same moves by TD year after year. And I completely see what you're saying because it makes sense there's plenty of posters on here that are speaking the truth. +1

It's just the shock of seeing what happened in the first three rounds and then seeing a nobody free safety that nobody liked.

How can you talk bout seeing the "same trends" and not seeing a change of identity?

After 15+ years we have finally FINALLY started focusing on the trenches, building from the inside out. Jon Asamoah was the first major OL free agent we've signed since Todd a wiener in 2002 and Matthews is only the second OL we've taken in the 1st round in 20 years. Conversely, we out 2 most expensive FA pickups were D-linemen and we added another quality DL in the 2nd round.

Since 01, we've spend 5 first rounders (plus multiple other picks) on WR's at the expense of the lines and our defense. Are you honestly saying that you don't see a change in philosophy?

It's just that it took almost 5 years to get to that philosophy for some bizarre reason! Not to discredit your post because you make a fantastic point. And I definitely don't discredit any of the FE guys that we picked up.

Edited by FalconsFan#241

We are drafting very well. This off season has been one of the best that I can remember. The names are not flashy, so there is a certain blasse response from fans.

We lost games along the LOS.......have been doing so for at least three seasons. Now we have a legitimate OT rookie that might be better than our starting LT. We have a new RG that is a major upgrade over what we have featured for the past seven years (yes, he is much better than Dahl). We have also added upgrades along the DL, particularly for the three-man fronts that we will feature.

Last year, we added a RB that many of us felt was not necessary. We did a good job of adding two good CB's but in free agency, we kinda stumbled. This offseason, Tommy has managed to combine a rational free agency with a very good draft. I am very optimistic.

Edited by etherdome

OP, you ask how frustrated am I? Not at all. We have certainly changed from the "let's get more explosive" philosophy of just a few years ago to one where we are building the right way, from the inside out.

Take a step back. Our O-line was pathetic -- bad enough where a Bucs cast-off could walk in the off the street and start. On defense we seem to have lots of young talent at LB and DB and a great coordinator but we were near the bottom of the league. We coughed up leads to a laundry list of weak QBs who drove on us at will.

So we are taking steps to address those issues by building the lines instead of suffering from "shiny new object" syndrome.

Be patient and let's see the results on the field where it matters before rendering a decision on how the off-season went.

Better late, than never, huh? It seems the Falcons are a little late to the party, and NOW they decide to change direction? NOT GOOD!