Corey Peters If Healthy Does He Dominate This Year?

Corey Peters Dominated at times last year when he wasn't double teamed two games that really stand out was the jets game when they tired to single cover him with Mangold and he easily dominated him and he was stout against the 9ers and was a big reason we were on our way to winning that game before he got injured and the defense just fell a part after that.

Now that we have Soliai Peters will bump out to DE and play his best position which is 5 tec.

If Peters returns to form and Hageman uses all his talent we could have a decent pass rush form the big guys. And Peters and Hageman both could move inside as well to play the NT on passing downs to get Jackson or Babs out there.

I think Peters didn't get his due last year he was having a pro bowl year playing out of position most of the time. Now not seeing doubles as much he may be even better this year.

He may be dominating the bench. I have Hageman, Soliai and Jackson as our "starters" on a 3 man line, and Jackson or Hageman at DE and the other 2 at DT in 4-3 "over" or "under" looks.

In the nickel I see Babineaux and Hageman as the first up at DT, but Peters may find his way in shortly after that, competing with the likes of Jackson and perhaps Goodman inside.

This could be great for him though, the defensive line has been undersized and lacking depth for way too long, in addition to having no pass rush it just gets worn down to nothing in the 4th quarter.

Go back to the playoff "loss" vs the 9ers when the refs sent them to the Superbowl.

The offense couldn't run block or pass protect leading to 3 and outs and putting the tired worn out D back out there.

The 9ers came back from a huge deficit by running the ball, and everyone on the team averaged over 5 yards per carry.

Matthews and Asamoah join the OL improving the ability to actually run and pass block.

Soliai, Jackson and Hageman join the DL literally adding a ton to the run D.

Now the pass rush is the concern but I think Hageman will be a very disruptive player and help atleast partially solve that problem.

He may be dominating the bench. I have Hageman, Soliai and Jackson as our "starters" on a 3 man line, and Jackson or Hageman at DE and the other 2 at DT in 4-3 "over" or "under" looks.

In the nickel I see Babineaux and Hageman as the first up at DT, but Peters may find his way in shortly after that, competing with the likes of Jackson and perhaps Goodman inside.

This could be great for him though, the defensive line has been undersized and lacking depth for way too long, in addition to having no pass rush it just gets worn down to nothing in the 4th quarter.

Go back to the playoff "loss" vs the 9ers when the refs sent them to the Superbowl.

The offense couldn't run block or pass protect leading to 3 and outs and putting the tired worn out D back out there.

The 9ers came back from a huge deficit by running the ball, and everyone on the team averaged over 5 yards per carry.

Matthews and Asamoah join the OL improving the ability to actually run and pass block.

Soliai, Jackson and Hageman join the DL literally adding a ton to the run D.

Now the pass rush is the concern but I think Hageman will be a very disruptive player and help atleast partially solve that problem.

Just can't see Babs beating out Peters because Babs in his hay day wasn't as good as peters was late year.

If anything Soliai would go to the bench on passing downs Peters slides inside and Hageman and Babs go outside

Peters was doubled 67% of the snaps he played when free he was down right dominate

Seeing he had two guys on him most of the time I kind of shocked he was even able to put the numbers up he did

Just can't see Babs beating out Peters because Babs in his hay day wasn't as good as peters was late year.

If anything Soliai would go to the bench on passing downs Peters slides inside and Hageman and Babs go outside

Peters was doubled 67% of the snaps he played when free he was down right dominate

Seeing he had two guys on him most of the time I kind of shocked he was even able to put the numbers up he did

Hageman and T. Jackson are more likely to slide inside than Peters. I see Peters as an effective part of the rotation at DE as 3 or 5 technique.

Solial almost exclusively plays Nose-0 or 1 technique. I like Peters, Babs and Hageman rotating at DE. I also believe our DEs will get to the QB a lot more often.

However it shakes out atleast there's enough size, talent and depth that they won't be worn out and useless in the 4th Q.

I'm not convinced the pass rush is where it needs to be but I'm happy about the run D.

Our pass rush will come from our LBs. Hopefully now they don't have to worry about a O-linemen coming up and pancaking 'em.

He was double 67% of the snaps he played last year and still ended up with 5 sacks and 20+ solo tackles

Jackson is a good player but he's just not as talented or as good as Peters if healthy its not even a debate who wins the job its peters all day.

Now I think Hageman should take the job from Jackson on the other side but seeing we don't know how he'll adjust I'd go with Jackson but a week of TC could change that

I see Hageman eventually taking the job though if he doesn't get it right from the get go.

Base 3-4 Peters/Soliai/Hageman

Nickle Peters/Hageman/Babs

I'll be interested to see who they slide inside on passing/rushing downs Peters or Hageman