Day 2 Will Be All About Who Nolan Wants

I think after we missed out on Mack, TD will allow Nolan to have whoever he wants in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to build his defense. Whether its the best available pass rusher, another versatile down lineman, Inside backer or safety, Nolan will be allowed to grab his guys on day 2.

TD knows the defense needs work, he wanted Clowney or Mack, but the draft decided otherwise. He will go D heavy from here out with an eye on the TE position

So the offense get premium talent while the defense gets scraps smh! I know this is a offensive game now but you have to stop the other team at some point. We needed an elite pass rusher and 2 were there but every year we neglect the defense.

we needed a guy to protect ryan first you idiot

So the offense get premium talent while the defense gets scraps smh! I know this is a offensive game now but you have to stop the other team at some point. We needed an elite pass rusher and 2 were there but every year we neglect the defense.

Is it really? NFl trying to pedal that this is an offensive game, but We all just saw the best offense in NFL history get raped. Kids who watched that need therapy now.

We got 4 NEW Defensive players in FA

Pick #37 no matter what the position is going to become a starter this year, the same is expected of pick #68 over the course of the season. those are high value draft slots that many are trying to write off as scraps. Look at the draft positions of the Defensive pro bowlers this past season and try to convince me me we cant find a 2 great players tonight

Nolan has a pretty impressive track record of finding defensive talent. And he doesn't need 1st round picks to do it(though no one should overlook what he's done there either). Just last year we got 3 big rookie contributors in Alford, Worrilow, and Bartu.

Nolan has a pretty impressive track record of finding defensive talent. And he doesn't need 1st round picks to do it(though no one should overlook what he's done there either). Just last year we got 3 big rookie contributors in Alford, Worrilow, and Bartu.

He's forced to cause until last draft the defense doesn't get addressed. The offense gets all the elite impact players the defense gets scraps point blank. They traded up for an impact player on offense why not get that impact player for the defense? Continues to baffle my mind.

And which one can consistently put the QB on the ground. We also got 3 NEW offensive players.

Their job is to prevent the Run and Free the other players to consistently put pressure and keep the QB on the ground ... its all about scheme ...

Edited by Fernando C.

We are picking 5th in second. This is not scraps brother. I think you are looking at another starter here. I certainly think we are getting a pass rusher here. You heard about Falcons wanted to move back into first to get somebody on D right. They couldn't.

Their job is to prevent the Run and Free the other players to consistently put pressure and keep the QB on the ground ... its all about scheme ...

We shall see but I don't have any confidence in our defense whatsoever. Had there been a guy I knew could consistently put pressure on the QB then I'd be confident but we don't.

He's forced to cause until last draft the defense doesn't get addressed. The offense gets all the elite impact players the defense gets scraps point blank. They traded up for an impact player on offense why not get that impact player for the defense? Continues to baffle my mind.

So because TD didn't trade a 2015 and 2016 first rounders plus picks this year to get Clowney or Mack he's neglecting the defense? Should he have reached for say Barr...remember we had no trade down offers...versus take not only the BPA but a BPA at a non glamorous position that helps extends drives that HELPS REST the defense? I think not. Great pick

Next round

We spent the first 3 picks last year on defense and then almost all the FA went to D and special teams. One offensive player before the 7th round last year. Man, why won't they look at D? Oh, they have been? Ok, then

Last time how many of the FA or high rd picks were pass rushers? Atlanta has been a cess pool for pass rushers outside of John Abraham.