Where Would You Rank Our O-Line Right Now?

Good. Still have too many holes to be really good or elite, though some of those holes (Baker, Holmes, Hawley/Konz) may close up through development, attrition or simply getting healthy (looking at you on those last two, Sam Baker -- which will it be?).

I think 4 out of the 5 spots could be considered GOOD players right now, until they start to work as unit on the field in preseason I think it's hard to truly gauge their talent level. The Center spot is still TBD to me personally, I think we need to see how hard Konz worked this year and how he fits in and benefits from 2 solid Guards next to him.

best O-line in years

LT-Baker, Holmes

LG - Blalock

OC - Hawley, Konz

RG - Asamoah, Carimi

RT - Matthews, Schraeder

we have 2 top 15 tackles if Baker stays healthy and a probowl level guy in Matthews. our LT of the future is secured if baker gets hurt again. 2 developmental guys who could step in at RT in Holmes and Schraeder. 2 Solid guards for once. If someone steps up at center its their job to take. We could maybe upgrade backup OG but I say just give Carimi a shot.

I think if Carimi can somehow make a comeback to his potential and played RT, we could have a pretty good OL. That said, I don't like Konz or Hawley, so I'm still very nervous about the center position. Holmes still needs a couple years, and a work ethic.

I'm done with Baker.

I think if Carimi can somehow make a comeback to his potential and played RT, we could have a pretty good OL. That said, I don't like Konz or Hawley, so I'm still very nervous about the center position.

the Center can now get some help from the RG tho.

Well considering that RT, RG, C (I don't care what you say), and LG is pretty much shored up I will go for somewhere between good and really good. Blalock will need a replacement soon but that is not a concern for this year. You must be talking about depth in which we have four to six guys competing. I think we will be fine. Matty Ryan will be ok this season.

Some of you guys are going overkill with this OL. It is time to shift focus!!

I think if Carimi can somehow make a comeback to his potential and played RT, we could have a pretty good OL. That said, I don't like Konz or Hawley, so I'm still very nervous about the center position. Holmes still needs a couple years, and a work ethic.

I'm done with Baker.

I'd love to see Carimi make a comeback.

LT Matthews

LG Blalock

C Hawley/Konz

RG Asamoah

RT Carimi

Would be nice. Trade Baker for a couple picks and be done w/ T-rex

After adding Mathews. Where would our line currently rank ?

Still terrible- Not so terrible- Decent- Good - Really good- Elite?

Able to competently run our "O".

If bubble butt Holmes goes into next season born again hard and Hawley is at least Mud Duck 2.0, then the O line could be special.

I think TD has done a pretty good job of addressing the issue with our o-line. I definitely like the Matthews pick since Mack was stolen by the Raiders. I think the line will be alot better than last year, kinda hard not to be though. Now I hope we address the pass rush with some good picks.

Comeback implies he was any good to start with.

laugh.png

I think we all put too much faith in Holmes. The dude couldn't walk to the huddle without putting hands on knees and panting. That is personal work ethic when you are a professional athelete. That doesn't develop over time.

I've seen articles and comments about how other guys are making an effort to improve strength and conditioning. Someone please tell me there were such comments about Holmes I missed. I agree he can be good if he was in shape. I just have no faith he will ever be in shape.