We Might As Well Go With Te Or Receiver In The 2Nd

To waste another pick on a reach would be borderline embarrassing. We had no way to move out of the 6th pick because the quality of player dropped off after the top 5. So we took a tackle.

Imo we should now keep building the offense rather than wasting a pick on a 2-bit pass rusher that will have as little impact as the other 2-bit pass rushers we have on this team.

Attaochu? Get for real. This guy is a bigger project than any player in this draft.

Lawrence? Yea what's the best thing to come out of Boise state lately? I'll wait.

Ealy? Hahaha he wasn't even the best guy on his defense.

So yea, these 2-bit pass rushers wont provide anything that we already don't have. We lost out on an actual playmaker when we didn't trade up for Clowney or Mack.

Better BPA prospects are available. ASJ, Jace Amaro, Jordan Matthews can all provide something more to this team than what a 2-bit pass rusher can.

Yours Truly

Guest King Jigsaw

Why are you such a hater? Jesus, just chill out and support the team. Matthews wasn't a reach and I'm not sure what he's done to earn this vendetta you have against him.

P.S. - Try saying '2-bit' a couple more times, I don't think you used it enough in the OP.

Edited by King Jigsaw

Why are you such a hater? Jesus, just chill out and support the team. Matthews wasn't a reach and I'm not sure what he's done to earn this vendetta you have against him.

P.S. - Try saying '2-bit' a couple more times, I don't think you used it enough in the OP.

I don't find myself hating at all. Matthews was not who we wanted. I think that's safe to say. We were practically forced to pick him since nobody wanted to trade with us. Matthews is not anything special, and when you're picking in the top portion of the draft you should be able to secure something special. The only thing this guy has going for him is his bloodlines and that he played with mnziel. Is he overpowering? No. He's above average in pass protection and that's about it.

As for not picking a 2-bit reach of a pass rusher at 37, I stand by that 100%

Guest King Jigsaw

Matthews was a top 10 pick.. Last year. This year he solidified that when he actually came out. Matthews could have gone as early as 2 to St. Louis. Matthews is average in absolutely no way. He's a great run blocker and a phenomenal pass blocker. People think that just because Robinson is stronger, that Matthews is weak. Matthews is a great athlete, extremely intelligent, hard-working, and will only get better now that he's out of school and can dedicate all of his time in an NFL weight room and film room. You're just complaining about him for no reason when you should be happy for the addition our team made.

To waste another pick on a reach would be borderline embarrassing. We had no way to move out of the 6th pick because the quality of player dropped off after the top 5. So we took a tackle.

Imo we should now keep building the offense rather than wasting a pick on a 2-bit pass rusher that will have as little impact as the other 2-bit pass rushers we have on this team.

Attaochu? Get for real. This guy is a bigger project than any player in this draft.

Lawrence? Yea what's the best thing to come out of Boise state lately? I'll wait.

So yea, these 2-bit pass rushers wont provide anything that we already don't have. We lost out on an actual playmaker when we didn't trade up for Clowney or Mack.

Better BPA prospects are available. ASJ, Jace Amaro, Jordan Matthews can all provide something more to this team than what a 2-bit pass rusher can.

Yours Truly

If they are the BPA then any pass rusher we can get...I'm all for it.

Likewise, we shouldn't have given up everything just to move up. We got a #6 or higher rated player that we wanted/needed.

The trade up crowd sure is crying a lot today.

I'm just saying that it's pretty clear what we need to do. Keep building the offense into a powerhouse. Our specialization this year is going to have to be to outscore everybody we play. We have something that resembles a solid offensive line now and we have some playmakers in roddy and Julio, but we have no tight end and Harry is suspect.

A reliable receiver like Jordan Matthews would fit in well here. He carried the load many years for his team. Harry needs some competition because he's become complacent.

Or maybe we draft a tight end to ensure that Matt has a safety net to throw to. ASJ is very good all around, while Amaro is great at receiving.

Focus our attention on offense, because defense ain't happening in this draft.

Matthews was a top 10 pick.. Last year. This year he solidified that when he actually came out. Matthews could have gone as early as 2 to St. Louis. Matthews is average in absolutely no way. He's a great run blocker and a phenomenal pass blocker. People think that just because Robinson is stronger, that Matthews is weak. Matthews is a great athlete, extremely intelligent, hard-working, and will only get better now that he's out of school and can dedicate all of his time in an NFL weight room and film room. You're just complaining about him for no reason when you should be happy for the addition our team made.

Well said King.

im convinced you know absolutely nothing about football and just watch highlights on espn. draft a WR would be stupid right now, where is he gonna play at. he would be battling for the slot and would be a waste pick when theres bigger holes to fill on the dline. the game is won in the trenches.

People gonna hate.

Traditionally people don't get excited about good linemen. It's the nature of the position.

I would have liked Mack but I LOVE Matthews.

Yours Truly

Skilled players are so deep in this draft we could likely grab a slot WR or TE in the 3rd that would have a huge impact

Now I will say if you had a guy like Marqise Lee rated as say a top 15 player or something then yea need or not you take him and down the road you may end up with a complete steal like a josh Jordan or Alshon Jeffrey

But right now I'd take Ealy he has star talent if your going to gamble at least take someone with some upside

Edited by THE ICEMAN

Yours Truly

Posts like this one proves to me that people just think that if it's not the big name player that is drafted means they are an automatic bust.

All three players you mentioned are contributers to what ever team they may end up on.

Posts like this one proves to me that people just think that if it's not the big name player that is drafted means they are an automatic bust.

All three players you mentioned are contributers to what ever team they may end up on.

Never that. I'm all about finding the gems more than I am about finding the names. But these guys are c level role players at best.