Kony Ealy Should Be The Pick...

Ealy can play the 5 technique, DE in a 4-3 and OLB in the 3-4. I have said his ceiling is Aldon Smith type of player. And that's who Mayock compared him to at the combine. He isn't as explosive or as athletic as Aldon but he is **** good. And he can play DT too. Nothing he can't do. I want Ealy

I hope TD doesn't read this message board. The love for Attachou here is disgusting and stems from one respected board member liking him then everyone jumping on the wagon. Mayock has him rated around the 90th best prospect in the draft and Kiper doesnt have him in the top 25 or so best available. When I watch the tape it's hard to argue that. Give me Van Noy that dude is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. The value isn't there on Attachou (maybe in the 3rd).

Attaochu is a better pure pass rusher than Van Noy IMO.

So is Lawrence and Ealy.

Don't disagree. Van Noy is obviously more of a complete LB though which I prefer at this point I'm tired of taking stabs at "pure pass rushers" that dont end up creating any pass rush for us and this just seems like that all over again. Give me Ealy or Lawrence ALL DAY over Attachou though. Even Chricton or whatever his name is.

Edited by DirtyBirdsDirtyWords

I dont get the Ealy Aldon Smith comparison at all... Ealy's game is based on power and Aldon's is speed based. Either way I want Kyle Van Noy he can rush the passer and cover or Jeremiah Attaochu.

Ealy played about 10lbs heavier than Smith and moved inside on passing downs. IIRC he lost weight for his pro day and showed off more speed/athleticism.

When it doubt, go with the longer guy. Ealy's the bigger, longer guy with a Mizzou connection. I'd take him over the Tech kid and Van Noy.

This is the direction I think we go since we tried to get Dee Ford. These two guys are the closest thing to Dee Ford available.

That said, I do agree that Ealy is a BREAST. Can he play 3-4 OLB? That's the question.

Eh, not really. Ford is a pure speed rush type of guy. Attaochu instead relies heavily on inside rushes, similar to Clowney in that regard. Lawrence, meanwhile, has never really impressed me. Nothing about him flashes when I watch him.

As for Ealy, he's raw and will need some polishing but he has a very good blend of size, strength, and athleticism. He got double blocked a lot, too. I don't think he'll light it up unless they figure out a quick fix in his game but he has the most upside of the edge rushers still on the board. Plus he can play either 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB which is ideal for us.

I never got the infatuation with Lawrence. If Ealy is rumored to be a headache, Lawrence is a certified nut case having been suspended from the team on 2-3 occasions.

Really? I didn't know that.

What made Ealy a headache?

Eh, not really. Ford is a pure speed rush type of guy. Attaochu instead relies heavily on inside rushes, similar to Clowney in that regard. Lawrence, meanwhile, has never really impressed me. Nothing about him flashes when I watch him.

As for Ealy, he's raw and will need some polishing but he has a very good blend of size, strength, and athleticism. He got double blocked a lot, too. I don't think he'll light it up unless they figure out a quick fix in his game but he has the most upside of the edge rushers still on the board. Plus he can play either 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB which is ideal for us.

He also went up against some very good tackles in the SEC including Jake. Those two battling at practice everyday will make each better.

I dont get the Ealy Aldon Smith comparison at all... Ealy's game is based on power and Aldon's is speed based. Either way I want Kyle Van Noy he can rush the passer and cover or Jeremiah Attaochu.

Because both are athletic. Ealy has a good explosion. Aldon has great explosion. Both are quick. Ealy's game isn't based on just power. Not even close. He is just stout against the run.

Ealy can play the 5 technique, DE in a 4-3 and OLB in the 3-4. I have said his ceiling is Aldon Smith type of player. And that's who Mayock compared him to at the combine. He isn't as explosive or as athletic as Aldon but he is **** good. And he can play DT too. Nothing he can't do. I want Ealy

I wonder if any of these guys know that Mayock has Attachou as a third rounder? I want Ealy, and he'll be there at 37...

How can you compare him to Aldon Smith when Smith isnt a 5 tec DE he's a 9 tec OLBer?

Ealy is more so a 3-4 5 Tec DE that maybe could play the OLBer 9 rec position but i see him more so as a 4-3 DE in the mold of a Greg Hardy or Robert Quinn if he every reaches his potential and like a Cam Jordan in a 3-4 defensive