First 5 Picks - 2Nd Round Predictions

atlbaby

Houston - Louis Nix (33)

Washington - Stepon Tuitt (34)

Cleveland - Marquise Lee (35)

Oakland - Timmy Jernigan (36)

Atlanta - Ra'shede Hageman (37)

Versatile: can play anywhere on the line from the 0 to 9 technique. Can sub in for Soliai in nickel situations. A JJ Watts freak that needs to be more consistent. Bryan Cox was drawn to the guy during Senior Bowl week.

Yes we need pass rushers but if the opposing team Oline is tied up blocking Jackson-Soliai-Hageman, the Backers should have it easier

Edited by atlbaby

If we are talking a draft board for day 2, this would be what mine would look like.

1. Tuitt - a long 300-lb'er that can anchor, as well as get after the QB. He is a first round talent that dropped to the second round because of a sports hernia last year. This is a great value pick.

2. Hageman - he looks a lot like Tuitt but is less athletic. He has a tough life story that speaks to his character and toughness.

3. Attaochu- I think that he is one of the most under-rated prospects in this draft. He is a terrific pass rusher that needs a little more development to round out his game. I don't believe that there will be a significant difference between him and Mack in two seasons.

4. Su's-Filo - I admit that the message board would melt down, if this is our pick, but this guy is definitely a first round talent. The immediate need for a Guard is not here, but this guy is a major talent.

5. Lawrence - He has the raw talent to wreak havoc as a pass rusher. Time will be needed, for development, but he has the goods.

I am sure that I am missing some guys. The point is that the draft board looks very good for us going into day 2.

It'll be interesting to see what the Texans do since Bridgewater was taken right ahead of them, which just emphasized my point all along about the dangers of playing it cute at QB in the draft. Ultimately I think they'll either try to trade down, again, or pick up another lineman. They'll wait until the 3rd or next year to get a QB.

#33: Houston Texans - RaShede Hageman, DT/DE, Minnesota (their replacement for Antonio Smith)

#34: Washington Redskins - Stephon Tuitt, DT/DE, Notre Dame (they could alternatively reach a bit for Stanley Jean-Baptiste. Either way, they're filling huge needs)

#35: Cleveland Browns - Marqise Lee, WR, Southern California (Gordon needs a worthwhile complement and the Browns need insurance in case he gets suspended again)

#36: Oakland Raiders - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State (They apparently love Carr)

#37: Atlanta Falcons - Kony Ealy, DE/OLB, Missouri (Of the edge rushers left they showed the most interest in him. They are also rumored to have a lot of interest in teams looking to trade up here)