For The First Time In A Long Time We Have A Good Oline

MAD597

Holy crap Im happy. Even in 2008 our oline was just sufficient. We have a flexible big and talented oline now. Baker is on short notice and may be depth, our project players will get nor time to develop and they all wont be in at the same time.

Matt Ryan is going to have to adjust having time to throw the ball, it will probably be weird but I'm sure he will figure it out.

All we need is a safety and pass rusher and we can go BPA the rest of the draft.

Best part we filled out biggest need with a day one starter and we kept all our picks this year and next year.

Like the OP, I do believe we are set at OL to open camp, at least from a pass protection perspective. I'm not going to say this line is better than '08 until i see how we run the rock. Matt Ryan will get more time to throw behind an improved pass blocking line only if we are able to run some of the time. Otherwise, the ears stay pinned back on defense. Any amount of talent can be overrun in a stampeed.

People are so silly all last season Ryan was getting killed and our run game was horrible and we got the most NFL ready OT in the draft and he is good at pass protection unlike Robinson. Clowney lovers are so freaking silly. Oline was our biggest issue last year. Our pass rush has already been improved after we singed two big bodies that can collapse the pocket.

We just drafted Baker's replacement, whether that replacing takes place this season if Baker struggles or goes out with injury again or down the road when his contract plays out. Either way, we either massively upgraded the RT position (which was in worse shape than LT by far) or we replaced our so-so LT with a potential stud. Odds are Konz will play behind Hawley for a year or two so we can develop him under Tice.

I'm not seeing how either of those is a problem.

we still have konz and baker.

If Baker is healthy, he's fine, even if he's healthy this year, good chance he gets cut next year and Matthew slides over to LT.

Konz did well at guard in his rookie year, he can back up guard & center this year and develop into blalock's replacement.

Anybody who isn't overjoyed by the changes on the Oline this off season just hates Matt Ryan.

What I'd love to see is Holmes coming into camp in great shape and EARNING the RT spot, with Matthews EARNING the LT spot and Baker becomes the highest paid swing tackle in the league.

I believe in Ryan. The ONE time the Oline delivered last year was the SF game and Ryan pushed SF to the brink in that game. I know a great OL can make any qb look good but I think it triples when you give Ryan protection. If we were to ever get a ring it's up to #2 to do it so we need to protect our captain.

Center and LT are still big ?'s

Baker is solid when healthy. I get the he's not healthy often. If he gets hurt we will slide JM over and we got a lot of competition at the other spot. There is talent there.

Konz has a ton of talent and it's way way to early to write him off. Plus Hawley is a solid player.

Holy crap Im happy. Even in 2008 our oline was just sufficient. We have a flexible big and talented oline now. Baker is on short notice and may be depth, our project players will get nor time to develop and they all wont be in at the same time.

Matt Ryan is going to have to adjust having time to throw the ball, it will probably be weird but I'm sure he will figure it out.

All we need is a safety and pass rusher and we can go BPA the rest of the draft.

Best part we filled out biggest need with a day one starter and we kept all our picks this year and next year.

Matthews and Asomoah are just 2 players. Last time I checked, the offensive line has 5 starters. I don't really have that much confidence in the other 3 starters.

Baker(ok or IR?) Holmes (not proven) Schraeder (?) Jones (?)

Blalock (avg) Gunn(unknown)

Hawley(below avg) Konz (not proven)

Asamoah (slightly above avg)

Matthews (ROOKIE) Johnson (unknown) Carimi(??)

and I do approve of the Matthews pick

You do feel much better about the Oline than you did in Jan, right?

There's no telling if we will have a good Oline or not.