Yes! It's Finally Over.........

I'm glad it's over. All the speculation and repeat threads day in and day out about a guy who had a snow balls chance in h*ll coming to Atlanta is now officially over. Yippy!!!!! Hopefully now the message board can finally come to order. I told people on here Clowney would go #1 but they didn't believe me. They told me the Texans had no choice but to take a QB. Some went as far to say 3 QB's would go in the top 5. I said no way. In fact I went as far to say they would fall in the draft. They went #3, #22, and #32. I also said that the notion the Falcons could trade up to #2 while only surrendering this years 3rd and next years 2nd was ridiculous. No trade in the 1st round of this draft suggests a lopsided trade was possible. Hope you guys can form your own opinions instead of stealing bleacher report writer ideas (you know who you are).

I'm happy with the Matthews pick. Like I said time and time again he is the typical TD pick. A senior, team leader, and bloodlines in the NFL. The best part is we stayed at #6 and got him without trading up and giving a kings ransom. This should go a long way in helping address our abysmal O-line. He can start day one at RT and if Baker gets injured he can slide over to that side. It's a win win. The offense has no excuse next year. Now lets get a couple pass rushers and really make this draft pop!

I was saying it for months that they most certainly wouldn't take a QB and wouldn't pass on Clowney. Not one person agreed with me and seemed disillusioned that another team could have interest in the best prospect in well over a decade. I guess it was their own needs sort of blinding them to what I thought was glaringly obvious.

I can't say I'm happy it's over because instead of harmless hope it's now become increasingly annoying crying.

Still made more sense to trade for Clowney. We addressed 1 spot with a starter and hope to god he holds up against the South's pass rush. Were more or less out of solid options on DE/OLB and safety. We can pick a "maybe sorta decent" guy to pass rush but then what? Lol he gets 3.5 sacks and calls it a season.

Still made more sense to trade for Clowney. We addressed 1 spot with a starter and hope to god he holds up against the South's pass rush. Were more or less out of solid options on DE/OLB and safety. We can pick a "maybe sorta decent" guy to pass rush but then what? Lol he gets 3.5 sacks and calls it a season.

You think trading up and giving a kings ransom (3 first round picks) is the better option? How many spots are you going to address with starters going that route? Edited by Falcons_Frenzy

You think trading up and giving a kings ransom (3 first round picks) is the better option? How many spots are you going to address with starters going that route?

Never would've came down to 3 pocks moron. They announced this am they take a swap, 2nd, 3rd and next year's first. We were a 2nd rounder away from pulling the trigger.

Never would've came down to 3 pocks moron. They announced this am they take a swap, 2nd, 3rd and next year's first. We were a 2nd rounder away from pulling the trigger.

Wrong Moron. But the fact your argument is to trade away other picks and still only address 1 spot shows your ignorance. You're forgiven, nobody ever told you that you never go full ******.

Wrong Moron. But the fact your argument is to trade away other picks and still only address 1 spot shows your ignorance. You're forgiven, nobody ever told you that you never go full ******.

Don't need to quote a Ben stiller movie to make your point. Yesterday Houston announced that is what they would take. Ian rappaort also confirmed on twitter. I would rather throw away this entire draft to get a guy we really want then to throw away our #6 pick on a guy we settled for and still can't fill our holes with guaranteed starters since the ones we wanted are gone.

Don't need to quote a Ben stiller movie to make your point. Yesterday Houston announced that is what they would take. Ian rappaort also confirmed on twitter. I would rather throw away this entire draft to get a guy we really want then to throw away our #6 pick on a guy we settled for and still can't fill our holes with guaranteed starters since the ones we wanted are gone.

"Throw away this entire draft" is the perfect wording for what you suggest.