Brandon Petigrew? Just Think About It...

At this point DET has a game changer in Ebron, and a red zone guy in Fauria who scored 7 TD's. That leaves Pettigrew who they just signed to a 4 yr deal making around 4 per. It just seems like they are officially logjammed and would be willing to make a deal. Would you be willing to deal a 5th round pick for him to pair with Toilolo. He is a very good blocker and would be a guy who could move the chains. Just a thought

I figure we would have be targeting a TE in the 4-6 round areas. I wouldnt mind a proven commodity in that range. He signed a 4yr 16 mill deal with 4 of that guranteed. I believe DET will be on the hook for the guaranteed money. His base salary would only be 1.8 in 2014, 2.8 in 2015, 3.6 in 2016, and 4.3 in 2017.

They re-signed for a reason or else they would of just let him walk in FA.

I wonder would the Lions be open to dealing Fauria though?

As good as Ebron is, he was still their consolation prize. They would have much rather found a way to get Watkins. It just didnt work out. They coveted an explosive receiver and the got the next best option. He just seems like odd man out. I honestly dont see how they could trade Fauria after his 7TD rookie season and dirt cheap contract.

I figure we would have be targeting a TE in the 4-6 round areas. I wouldnt mind a proven commodity in that range. He signed a 4yr 16 mill deal with 4 of that guranteed. I believe DET will be on the hook for the guaranteed money. His base salary would only be 1.8 in 2014, 2.8 in 2015, 3.6 in 2016, and 4.3 in 2017.

if we could do that, i do it in a heartbeat. but i dont think they would pay for him and trade him. it would certainly fill a need though.