G-Dawgs Draft Board For Pick#37 - Offensive Players Need Not Apply

g-dawg

OK, we got our offensive tackle - we likely will take two defenders tomorrow - but I can promise you pick#37 will be defense.

There was a run on safeties so the only way we are taking a safety will be if we trade pick #2-037 to the Kansas City Chiefs for Eric Berry. I just really doubt that Chiefs will trade a probowl safety in prime of his career for a 2nd round pick - if they will, then its a no-brainer. For now, I will assume this won't happen.

Falcons pick 5th tomorrow (#37 overall). We will be looking at passrushers and 3-4 down linemen. Here is my list in preference order:

1. Stephon Tuitt, DE-Notre Dame
  2. DeMarcus Lawrence, DE/OLB-Boise State
  3. Kony Ealy, DE/OLB-Missouri
  4. Kyle Van Noy, OLB-BYU
  5. Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB-Georgia Tech

here is how I rank them - obviously Tuitt is not a passrusher per se but he would be a stud on the D-Line and would complete the "physical nature" of the Falcons 3-4 front - Tyson Jackson, Paul Soliai and Stephon Tuitt would dominate the line of scrimmage.

The other four guys would be more passrushers.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, we got our offensive tackle - we likely will take two defenders tomorrow - but I can promise you pick#37 will be defense.

There was a run on safeties so the only way we are taking a safety will be if we trade pick #2-037 to the Kansas City Chiefs for Eric Berry. I just really doubt that Chiefs will trade a probowl safety in prime of his career for a 2nd round pick - if they will, then its a no-brainer. For now, I will assume this won't happen.

Falcons pick 5th tomorrow (#37 overall). We will be looking at passrushers and 3-4 down linemen. Here is my list in preference order:

1. Stephon Tuitt, DE-Notre Dame
  2. DeMarcus Lawrence, DE/OLB-Boise State
  3. Kony Ealy, DE/OLB-Missouri
  4. Kyle Van Noy, OLB-BYU
  5. Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB-Georgia Tech

here is how I rank them - obviously Tuitt is not a passrusher per se but he would be a stud on the D-Line and would complete the "physical nature" of the Falcons 3-4 front - Tyson Jackson, Paul Soliai and Stephon Tuitt would dominate the line of scrimmage.

The other four guys would be more passrushers.

I would say pass on Tuitt because we already have that player on the roster in Peters, but he's had his injury issues like too many of our other players. If we have a very good consistent run-stopping front 3 DL, I could get with that. As far as the tweeners you listed go, whichever guy is best in coverage/space has my vote...I read that Van Noy is a bit slow so I imagine it's not him. I think we take BPA between FS and OLB here, odds are that's one of your guys above.

I don't think Tuitt is much of a need with Jackson+Babs but I'll take the other guys all day long. I'm with you on those.

Dare I say that there's value at TE on the board? ph34r.png

yeah, I don't think the Falcons will take Tuitt - it will likely be one of the other 4 on my list. I feel fairly confident it will be.....right now, my gut tells me it will be DeMarcus Lawrence.

I wouldn't even draft a pass rusher until the 5th round. Every pass rusher left is on the roster already. I'd take FS, TE, and maybe running back.

newsflash - all the 1st and 2nd round safeties were drafted in 1st round - safety is depleted. You cannot reach for a safety in 2nd round now that Jimmie Ward and Deone Buchanon are gone - the FSU guys are 3rd rounders at best.

Pass rusher is for sure, ton of guys on the board. I think we play it safe and trade back into 2nd and draft terrance brooks

if we could get Attachou and Brooks after already getting Matthews I would be thrilled with the draft

yeah, I don't think the Falcons will take Tuitt - it will likely be one of the other 4 on my list. I feel fairly confident it will be.....right now, my gut tells me it will be DeMarcus Lawrence.

I got the felling after watching Dimi and Smitty Interview they wanted Ford really baddd... so I think they will grab the best OLB/DE available and think Lawrence is the Guy....

newsflash - all the 1st and 2nd round safeties were drafted in 1st round - safety is depleted. You cannot reach for a safety in 2nd round now that Jimmie Ward and Deone Buchanon are gone - the FSU guys are 3rd rounders at best.

Then I'd look at Amaro, or Nix. Amaro would be a good option.

Which pass rushers left on the roster did we draft as high as 37 in a deep draft?

Or is this just more crybaby talk.

Doesn't matter where they were drafted. It's style of play. Just let Mopanga, Goodman, and Mass continue to grow in the defense.