Are You Happy With Matthews?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the most probable pick and it's fine. It is great to have another blue chip on the team. Even better on the OL, although a bit surreal to finally have a top notch player out there. Solid, safe and will be great. However, IF TD was aiming for one of those 1st rd S with #37 then he misfired badly on both picks (by playing it safe at 6). TD must have a S rabbit in his hat. He ******* better.

There is a slew of very good pass rushers and OLBs still around and obviously a lot of other talent. And some surprises, hopefully.

He was my favorite. I would have preferred him even if Robinson was still on the board. I think he's going to be a fantastic player for us. Honestly, there was also the intrigue of him going up against Clay when we play Green Bay that I was looking forward to.

Next up, I think we go local and draft Attaochu.

Honestly he is easily the best tackle in this draft

I'm happy with the pick, but honestly that's the guy I wanted. I would have been happy with Lewan, but he struck me more as a RT. Matthews gives us leverage with Baker in a year or two. We can cut him and move Matthews to LT.

I want a pass rusher too, but protecting our quarterback and establishing a run game are more important.

We can still get a pass rusher in the second round.

I love the barr pick. We shoulde traded down for him imo. But I'm ok w/ matthews. I'd just hate to see smitty and td being scared to go w/ their gut instinct. We wouldve been fine w/ holmes imo. Hopefully this means baker can go E-honda himself into the the event horizon of a fiery blackhole from he11 after this season.

Well I was hoping we'd pull a trade down, then a trade up and find a way to come away with Barr and Pryor to kick off a defensive makeover on day one. Both went to teams that will be strong on defense in 2014 (DET and NYJ) and should shine. Naw it won't be your daddy's Lions. Not with Zimmer at the helm. Ryan's defense would be stout without Pryor. With him they will be even better. Kinda scary actually.

With that said, I would have been happy with either of the big three OTs at six. I did back flips when we took Matthews. I mean we just drafted Mike Kenn folks. A ten year beast at LT. Possible ROHer. He will probably serve three QBs and six RBs before he hangs em up. I'd immediately move SackMaker to the right side. Of the bench. Maybe let him compete with Johnson, Holmes, Carimi, Shredder, Jones and a free agent like Eric Winston for the RT spot. I don't think he can beat all of them out. I don't think he can beat any of em out. I would cut that mofo and eat every bit of his Dimi cap just to get him off my roster.

Now we gotta turn the attention to the defense. Tuitt, Hageman, Lawrence, Nix, Attaochu, Martin, Ealy and many more are still out there. There will be some defensive players on the board when our second rounder rolls around Friday night. I'm OK with either one of em in the second. I vote for Attaochu or Nix but I'm starting to lean toward Nix. I honestly think we are stronger at DE than DT right now. Nix will be a beast. Bring that mofo home. Run a rotation with him Soliai and Babineaux. That's stout. He would be a hit in ATL. As beater on the field, absolute character off the field.

I love the barr pick. We shoulde traded down for him imo. But I'm ok w/ matthews. I'd just hate to see smitty and td being scared to go w/ their gut instinct. We wouldve been fine w/ holmes imo. Hopefully this means baker can go E-honda himself into the the event horizon of a fiery blackhole from he11 after this season.

Would have liked to trade down as well but still 110% happy with Matthews and he did not cost us any picks.

Well I was hoping we'd pull a trade down, then a trade up and find a way to come away with Barr and Pryor to kick off a defensive makeover on day one. Both went to teams that will be strong on defense in 2014 (DET and NYJ) and should shine. Naw it won't be your daddy's Lions. Not with Zimmer at the helm. Ryan's defense would be stout without Pryor. With him they will be even better. Kinda scary actually.

With that said, I would have been happy with either of the big three OTs at six. I did back flips when we took Matthews. I mean we just drafted Mike Kenn folks. A ten year beast at LT. Possible ROHer. He will probably serve three QBs and six RBs before he hangs em up. I'd immediately move SackMaker to the right side. Of the bench. Maybe let him compete with Johnson, Holmes, Carimi, Shredder, Jones and a free agent like Eric Winston for the RT spot. I don't think he can beat all of them out. I don't think he can beat any of em out. I would cut that mofo and eat every bit of his Dimi cap just to get him off my roster.

Now we gotta turn the attention to the defense. Tuitt, Hageman, Lawrence, Nix, Attaochu, Martin, Ealy and many more are still out there. There will be some defensive players on the board when our second rounder rolls around Friday night. I'm OK with either one of em in the second. I vote for Attaochu or Nix but I'm starting to lean toward Nix. I honestly think we are stronger at DE than DT right now. Nix will be a beast. Bring that mofo home. Run a rotation with him Soliai and Babineaux. That's stout. He would be a hit in ATL. As beater on the field, absolute character off the field.

My exact sentiments