Are You Happy With Matthews?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With the added help to the right side of the line, the center position should be less of a concern. If Baker can stay healthy (big if) then chip blocks and scheme can make this O-line more than adequate. I would love to go DE/OLB in the 2nd and safety in the 3rd now. That would be a great draft if it shakes out that way.

So, yes, I like the pick.

Out of the five players linked to us, Matthews was the middle option for me. I liked Clowney and Robinson better but I wanted Matthews slightly more than Mack and a ton more than Lewan. So I see him as the #3 choice and we picked at #6. That's quite good.

We got a projected Top 3 pick at Number 6; no draft picks were traded so we've still got plenty of room for improvement; we filled A need = so yeah, I'm happy now and I'll just have to see how his career goes to see if I stay happy with the pick.

Combined with the return of Julio, we should be 60 points better. That number goes up if we bring in a dangerous TE and explosive RB.

ESPN had a note just before we drafted that we lost 7 games by 7 pts or less ... and looking at last year's results, yes we did. So if we're 60 pts better (and we can evenly distribute those pts to all games) that's 7 losses that become 7 wins instead

Edited by HotLantaFalcon

I'm very pleased with the pick now that that's said

Look back at the last two draft and look at all the tackles that were taking high and struggled big time

I hope Matthews can buck that trend and we end up with a day 1 top notch starter but past history shows he may struggle his rookie year so I do think its very important to be patient With him that's why I don't get all the hate on Holmes young tackles tend to struggle its not just Holmes but again hope Matthews changes that.

We got a projected Top 3 pick at Number 6; no draft picks were traded so we've still got plenty of room for improvement; we filled A need = so yeah, I'm happy now and I'll just have to see how his career goes to see if I stay happy with the pick.

He was never projected that high it was always Clowney/Mack/Robinson

Now Matthews very well may be the best tackle day 1 but Lewan and Robinson had more athleticism and there there upsides were a little hirer but that doesn't mean Matthews can't be one of the best tackles in football either I just think Matthews went about were he was projected to go which means we didn't reach

Mathews= Joe Thomas nobody and I mean nobody should be down on this pick if you are you are not very knowledgeable on the game of football. Stud pick glad to have him without giving up picks

I don't have all that much knowledge on the game of football, I guess you can consider me the average fan when it comes to knowledge. We don't get much NFL coverage here in Holland, and I've only played peewee football when I lived in the US for two years. But, even I can see that Matthews is going to be a great OT for us! Well, you can of course never say that with absolute certainty, but he has all the potential and skill in the world to be great.Anyone who says otherwise is just bitter, or should go back to watching baseball. (Seriously, how do you Americans watch that on TV? Nothing ever happens!)

Edited by Nightfly

He was my favorite. I would have preferred him even if Robinson was still on the board. I think he's going to be a fantastic player for us. Honestly, there was also the intrigue of him going up against Clay when we play Green Bay that I was looking forward to.

Next up, I think we go local and draft Attaochu.

We won't see Matt digging out of the grave every other play, so that's a great reason to like this pick. This guy could sustain blocks forever and maybe Matt will get more than two seconds to make a play. Oh, and the kid can run block. It may not sell tickets but it could get us enough time to make that fourth down play against San Francisco a couple of years ago.