1St Round Mock With Trades

1. Houston Texans – Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina

Houston wants out of this pick but I don’t think they are going to give it away. I actually think they really like Clowney but would be willing to take a mega deal to move out of it. And forget about the “scheme fit” argument, he fits any scheme.

2. Atlanta Falcons – Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo

I have this feeling that Khalil was out target the whole time. He fills one of our two huge needs and the price to move up won’t be as bad as moving up to #1 for Clowney. Mack has absolutely no character concerns.He is a very hard worker. Has shown the ability to create enormous pressure and get out in coverage when he has to. One of the most athletic players in the draft relative to his size.

Atlanta trades 103rd overall pick and 2015 1st round pick for the #2 overall.

3.Jacksonville Jaguars – Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M

It’s time for them to generate some buzz in Jacksonville. It will bring the same kind of excitement Tebow would’ve brought.If I was a fan of Jacksonville I would be happy to just to have people talking about us. They’ve been irrelevant for too long.

4. Cleveland Browns – Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

Another playmaker will go along way in helping Cleveland get over the hump. They traded away a chance at Julio 3 years ago but they get their guy at the #4 spot.Gordon is also one misstep away from a suspension, so it adds value on multiple levels.

5. Buffalo Bills – Greg Robinson OT Auburn

Bills have a big need for OT. Once Robinson gets within range they make a play to get the best offensive line prospect to come out in recent years. Buffalo also really like the TE Ebron but Robinson is worth the 2 picks considering his dominance in the SEC and high ceiling.

Buffalo sends the 9th overall pick and their 2nd round pick for the #5 overall.

6. St. Louis Rams - Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M

Clear relationship between the players father and the coach. I have a feeling this is who the Rams would’ve really wanted anyway. The trade gives them another 1st round pick for next year and a player they really liked. Jake is versatile like his father and has seemed pretty durable. Good start to the draft for St. Louis.

7. San Francisco 49ers – Mike Evans WR Texas A&M

They have a lot of picks. They have the ammo to move up and everyone knows they really want to add a playmaker on offense. It will take a Julio like trade to move up but for a team on the cusp it will be worth it.

SF sends the 30th, 56th, 129th, and next years 1st round pick for the 7th overall.

8. Minnesota Vikings – Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh

I have a feeling that Zimmer understands the value of 3 technique in his defense based on what Geno Atkins brought to his team. My guess is that Zimmer is drooling over this guy. He values this position.

9. Oakland Raiders – Taylor Lewan OT Michigan

They lose Veldheer, which was dumb when they could have used the franchise tag and the Saffold deal fell through. They really need to add an OT in the 1st round and they get one of the top 4 offensive linemen in the draft and pick up additional picks in the process.

10. Detroit Lions – Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State

They still have issues in the secondary.I think Gilbert is the best cover man in the draft, some disagree and that’s fine, arguments can be made. Gilbert has a chance to be an elite talent in this league. I don’t think Detroit will pass up a corner at this point.

11. Tennessee Titans – Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech

They need to find a replacement for Verner. I could see Denard going here as well. It might be a touch high for Fuller at this point but it’s a glaring hole on the back end of the defense.

12. New York Giants – Eric Ebron TE North Carolina

Most people have them taking an offensive lineman here and I get that. They took Pugh last year and I think the Giants will want to make more of splash this year by getting Eli the best TE prospect in the draft.Ebron is my 12th rated player so the value is good. Dynamic TE’s are all the rage now and they don’t have one on their roster at this point.

13. St. Louis Rams – Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Safety Alabama

The consensus is they take a WR here and yeah I can see that. The WR class is really deep and they can get another receiver in the 2nd.Plus they spent a 1st on WR last year. I don’t see a safety on that roster that I am in love with. Ha Ha can help keep the top on the defense. He is smart kid with great range.I have him 11th on my board so the value matches the pick.

14. New York Jets – Odell Beckham Wide Receiver LSU

With no Aaron Donald on the board, Chicago is willing to move the pick. Pittsburgh could take a WR so I could see New York wanting to get in front of them and ensure they get their guy, Beckham.

NYJ sends the 18th and 80th overall picks to Chicago for the 14th overall.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State

This and WR are the biggest needs. Dennard is a physical CB that really fits the mold of a Pittsburgh Steeler. It seems like a no brainer to me.

16. Dallas Cowboys – Anthony Barr LB UCLA

They had pretty good luck with another Bruin. Losing Demarcus Ware’s production on defense really hurt this team. The hope is that Barr can develop some hand use and pass rushing moves to go with his speed and help the Cowboys put pressure on the QB.

17. Baltimore Ravens – Calvin Pryor S Louisville

They took Elam last year and Pryor this year to solidify the back end of that defense. Pryor is a big hitter, physical safety with good range. They might have preferred Clinton-Dix but with him off the board they get next best thing.

18. Chicago Bears – Ra’Shede Hageman DT Minnesota

DT was their biggest need. They get what I think is the 2nd best prospect at this position and garner a 3rd round pick in the process. They were hoping Pryor would fall to them but that’s the chance they took when they traded down. They will likely target a safety in round 2.

19. Miami Dolphins – Zack Martin OL Notre Dame

The anti Richie Incognito. By all accounts this is stand up kid. Has versatility to play all positions on the offensive line.It’s maybe the biggest no brainer in the entire draft if he is available at this spot. Watch out for Cleveland trading up here to get in front of Arizona.

20. Arizona Cardinals – Blake Bortles QB UCF

I am not going to be surprised if he falls this far. It’s possible another team trades up for him, Cleveland is one to consider. Blake will compete with Carson Palmer in training camp and if shows the ability to start I could see Arizona starting him opening day.

21. Green Bay Packers – CJ Mosley LB Alabama

The pick makes perfect sense. They have a big need at ILB and Mosley is the best player at this position in the draft. Saban said he was the smartest defensive player he ever coached. I have heard that everyone loves him, genuinely good kid.

22. Philadelphia Eagles – Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State

They lose Jackson and get nothing in return only to turnaround and replace him with a player a lot like Jackson physically. Cook fills a big need for the Eagles and he was the highest rated player on my board at this point.

23. Kansas City Chiefs – Xavier Su’a-Filo OG UCLA

Their offensive line was depleted this offseason. Su’a-Filo fills a big need and is a very safe pick. I could see them going back in the 2nd round and taking another offensive lineman. Some have him going in the 2nd but I see him as 1st round pick.

24. Cincinnati Bengals – Jason Verrett CB TCU

At this point he isn’t my top rated player but he isn’t far from the top. It’s a good marriage as this fills the biggest need for the Bengals.

25. San Diego Chargers – Louis Nix III NT Notre Dame

The Chargers need to bulk up on the defensive line. I love Nix as a 2 down lineman. His presence should elevate the other players on the front seven by taking up space and eating up blockers.

26. Cleveland Browns – David Carr QB Fresno State

I could see them moving up to get Bortles but with him and Carr both available late in the draft I am thinking they will be content with either. With Hoyer coming off the ACL they need to get better at this position. Carr has the best arm talent of any QB in the draft if you consider strength, accuracy, and release.

27. New Orleans Saints – Ryan Shazier LB Ohio State

They have a need at linebacker. Shazier is a very quick, athletic linebacker. He has some holes in his game but plenty of speed to get on the field as a rookie.

28. Carolina Panthers - Marquise Lee WR USC

Bottom line is Cam has to have someone to throw to. Lee can also return punts. I personally think Lee is undervalued. He was awesome 2 years ago with a little drop off this year his stock went way down. I see this as really good value for the Panthers.

29. New England Patriots – Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech

Tom Brady was so good when he had 2 TE’s that could threaten defenses.He hasn’t had 1 since last year’s fiasco with Hernandez and Gronkowski on the operating table.

30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Cody Latimer WR Indiana

They finally get to pick after the blockbuster trade with San Francisco. Latimer has been on a steady incline since the end of the college season. Good size/speed combination and he certainly fills a need for the Buccaneers.

31. Denver Broncos – Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt

Some will see this as a reach. I love the kid and he will replace Eric Decker’s production within 2 years. I think the Broncos really need 3 quality receivers with their current offensive system.I have Matthews as my 39th overall prospect. It’s a little bit of a reach but they are in win now mode and I see Matthews as an immediate contributor.

32. Seattle Seahawks- Morgan Moses OT Virginia

The big fella fits the mold of a Pete Carroll lineman. He loves the big boys. Moses needs some work but has the tools to be a really good.

1. Houston Texans – Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina

Houston wants out of this pick but I don’t think they are going to give it away. I actually think they really like Clowney but would be willing to take a mega deal to move out of it. And forget about the “scheme fit” argument, he fits any scheme.

2. Atlanta Falcons – Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo

I have this feeling that Khalil was out target the whole time. He fills one of our two huge needs and the price to move up won’t be as bad as moving up to #1 for Clowney. Mack has absolutely no character concerns.He is a very hard worker. Has shown the ability to create enormous pressure and get out in coverage when he has to. One of the most athletic players in the draft relative to his size.

Atlanta trades 103rd overall pick and 2015 1st round pick for the #2 overall.

3.Jacksonville Jaguars – Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M

It’s time for them to generate some buzz in Jacksonville. It will bring the same kind of excitement Tebow would’ve brought.If I was a fan of Jacksonville I would be happy to just to have people talking about us. They’ve been irrelevant for too long.

4. Cleveland Browns – Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

Another playmaker will go along way in helping Cleveland get over the hump. They traded away a chance at Julio 3 years ago but they get their guy at the #4 spot.Gordon is also one misstep away from a suspension, so it adds value on multiple levels.

5. Buffalo Bills – Greg Robinson OT Auburn

Bills have a big need for OT. Once Robinson gets within range they make a play to get the best offensive line prospect to come out in recent years. Buffalo also really like the TE Ebron but Robinson is worth the 2 picks considering his dominance in the SEC and high ceiling.

Buffalo sends the 9th overall pick and their 2nd round pick for the #5 overall.

6. St. Louis Rams - Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M

Clear relationship between the players father and the coach. I have a feeling this is who the Rams would’ve really wanted anyway. The trade gives them another 1st round pick for next year and a player they really liked. Jake is versatile like his father and has seemed pretty durable. Good start to the draft for St. Louis.

7. San Francisco 49ers – Mike Evans WR Texas A&M

They have a lot of picks. They have the ammo to move up and everyone knows they really want to add a playmaker on offense. It will take a Julio like trade to move up but for a team on the cusp it will be worth it.

SF sends the 30th, 56th, 129th, and next years 1st round pick for the 7th overall.

8. Minnesota Vikings – Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh

I have a feeling that Zimmer understands the value of 3 technique in his defense based on what Geno Atkins brought to his team. My guess is that Zimmer is drooling over this guy. He values this position.

9. Oakland Raiders – Taylor Lewan OT Michigan

They lose Veldheer, which was dumb when they could have used the franchise tag and the Saffold deal fell through. They really need to add an OT in the 1st round and they get one of the top 4 offensive linemen in the draft and pick up additional picks in the process.

10. Detroit Lions – Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State

They still have issues in the secondary.I think Gilbert is the best cover man in the draft, some disagree and that’s fine, arguments can be made. Gilbert has a chance to be an elite talent in this league. I don’t think Detroit will pass up a corner at this point.

11. Tennessee Titans – Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech

They need to find a replacement for Verner. I could see Denard going here as well. It might be a touch high for Fuller at this point but it’s a glaring hole on the back end of the defense.

12. New York Giants – Eric Ebron TE North Carolina

Most people have them taking an offensive lineman here and I get that. They took Pugh last year and I think the Giants will want to make more of splash this year by getting Eli the best TE prospect in the draft.Ebron is my 12th rated player so the value is good. Dynamic TE’s are all the rage now and they don’t have one on their roster at this point.

13. St. Louis Rams – Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Safety Alabama

The consensus is they take a WR here and yeah I can see that. The WR class is really deep and they can get another receiver in the 2nd.Plus they spent a 1st on WR last year. I don’t see a safety on that roster that I am in love with. Ha Ha can help keep the top on the defense. He is smart kid with great range.I have him 11th on my board so the value matches the pick.

14. New York Jets – Odell Beckham Wide Receiver LSU

With no Aaron Donald on the board, Chicago is willing to move the pick. Pittsburgh could take a WR so I could see New York wanting to get in front of them and ensure they get their guy, Beckham.

NYJ sends the 18th and 80th overall picks to Chicago for the 14th overall.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State

This and WR are the biggest needs. Dennard is a physical CB that really fits the mold of a Pittsburgh Steeler. It seems like a no brainer to me.

16. Dallas Cowboys – Anthony Barr LB UCLA

They had pretty good luck with another Bruin. Losing Demarcus Ware’s production on defense really hurt this team. The hope is that Barr can develop some hand use and pass rushing moves to go with his speed and help the Cowboys put pressure on the QB.

17. Baltimore Ravens – Calvin Pryor S Louisville

They took Elam last year and Pryor this year to solidify the back end of that defense. Pryor is a big hitter, physical safety with good range. They might have preferred Clinton-Dix but with him off the board they get next best thing.

18. Chicago Bears – Ra’Shede Hageman DT Minnesota

DT was their biggest need. They get what I think is the 2nd best prospect at this position and garner a 3rd round pick in the process. They were hoping Pryor would fall to them but that’s the chance they took when they traded down. They will likely target a safety in round 2.

19. Miami Dolphins – Zack Martin OL Notre Dame

The anti Richie Incognito. By all accounts this is stand up kid. Has versatility to play all positions on the offensive line.It’s maybe the biggest no brainer in the entire draft if he is available at this spot. Watch out for Cleveland trading up here to get in front of Arizona.

20. Arizona Cardinals – Blake Bortles QB UCF

I am not going to be surprised if he falls this far. It’s possible another team trades up for him, Cleveland is one to consider. Blake will compete with Carson Palmer in training camp and if shows the ability to start I could see Arizona starting him opening day.

21. Green Bay Packers – CJ Mosley LB Alabama

The pick makes perfect sense. They have a big need at ILB and Mosley is the best player at this position in the draft. Saban said he was the smartest defensive player he ever coached. I have heard that everyone loves him, genuinely good kid.

22. Philadelphia Eagles – Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State

They lose Jackson and get nothing in return only to turnaround and replace him with a player a lot like Jackson physically. Cook fills a big need for the Eagles and he was the highest rated player on my board at this point.

23. Kansas City Chiefs – Xavier Su’a-Filo OG UCLA

Their offensive line was depleted this offseason. Su’a-Filo fills a big need and is a very safe pick. I could see them going back in the 2nd round and taking another offensive lineman. Some have him going in the 2nd but I see him as 1st round pick.

24. Cincinnati Bengals – Jason Verrett CB TCU

At this point he isn’t my top rated player but he isn’t far from the top. It’s a good marriage as this fills the biggest need for the Bengals.

25. San Diego Chargers – Louis Nix III NT Notre Dame

The Chargers need to bulk up on the defensive line. I love Nix as a 2 down lineman. His presence should elevate the other players on the front seven by taking up space and eating up blockers.

26. Cleveland Browns – David Carr QB Fresno State

I could see them moving up to get Bortles but with him and Carr both available late in the draft I am thinking they will be content with either. With Hoyer coming off the ACL they need to get better at this position. Carr has the best arm talent of any QB in the draft if you consider strength, accuracy, and release.

27. New Orleans Saints – Ryan Shazier LB Ohio State

They have a need at linebacker. Shazier is a very quick, athletic linebacker. He has some holes in his game but plenty of speed to get on the field as a rookie.

28. Carolina Panthers - Marquise Lee WR USC

Bottom line is Cam has to have someone to throw to. Lee can also return punts. I personally think Lee is undervalued. He was awesome 2 years ago with a little drop off this year his stock went way down. I see this as really good value for the Panthers.

29. New England Patriots – Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech

Tom Brady was so good when he had 2 TE’s that could threaten defenses.He hasn’t had 1 since last year’s fiasco with Hernandez and Gronkowski on the operating table.

30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Cody Latimer WR Indiana

They finally get to pick after the blockbuster trade with San Francisco. Latimer has been on a steady incline since the end of the college season. Good size/speed combination and he certainly fills a need for the Buccaneers.

31. Denver Broncos – Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt

Some will see this as a reach. I love the kid and he will replace Eric Decker’s production within 2 years. I think the Broncos really need 3 quality receivers with their current offensive system.I have Matthews as my 39th overall prospect. It’s a little bit of a reach but they are in win now mode and I see Matthews as an immediate contributor.

32. Seattle Seahawks- Morgan Moses OT Virginia

The big fella fits the mold of a Pete Carroll lineman. He loves the big boys. Moses needs some work but has the tools to be a really good.

Clowney is our target, just like AJ Green was.