John Clayton On Espn Just Now

g-dawg

here are John Clayton's nuggets(as of 12:20pm today):

• Texans still trying to trade the pick
  • Texans keeping the price high "for now"
  • Texans will probably go all the way to "on-the-clock" to see what deal the can get to move out.
  • Falcons/Bills interested - would take less for Falcons
  • Probably would cost "2nd rounder this year and 1st rounder next year plus later pick" to move up.
  • #6 slot might be hot spot for Mike Evans - Detroit and Buffalo would want to move to #6 to leapfrog Tampa Bay - obviously the Falcons hold the #6 pick

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at Clayton's nuggets - my guesses:

• Texans would take our 2nd rounder this year an 1st next year - right now - for Clowney - and we are not offering that deal.
  • if Falcons don't trade-up, they probably could trade-back with Bills - back to #9 - and still get OT Jake Matthews or Taylor Lewan while picking up an early 3rd round pick.

man there are so many options. I have no clue what I want to do anymore. Clowney or Mack would be awesome. But trading back a few spots and picking up another 2nd would also be sweet. Either way, it would take a major F up for me to be too mad about how this draft turns out

looking at Clayton's nuggets - my guesses:

• Texans would take our 2nd rounder this year an 1st next year - right now - for Clowney - and we are not offering that deal.
  • if Falcons don't trade-up, they probably could trade-back with Bills - back to #9 - and still get OT Jake Matthews or Taylor Lewan while picking up an early 3rd round pick.

Yep, all indications seem to be that's what they want, but that TD has told them the 2nd rounder isn't on the table. I really have a feeling that they'll cave at draft time to swap for our 3rd and next year's first... Really that's not even caving that much, it's not an RG# haul, but it's still pretty **** nice compensation to drop and still get one of the guys they want.

Buffalo still makes no sense to me unless they're trying to do it for Manziel. Buffalo's pass-rush and front 7 is already very good, and it's gonna cost way too much to get the Texans to slide down to 9 and risk missing out on all their prospects. I think they're using them to leverage the Birds.

man there are so many options. I have no clue what I want to do anymore. Clowney or Mack would be awesome. But trading back a few spots and picking up another 2nd would also be sweet. Either way, it would take a major F up for me to be too mad about how this draft turns out

we would not get a 2nd rounder to trade back to #9(Bills) or #10(Lions) - looks like trade chart would only yield a high 3rd rounder.

Yep, all indications seem to be that's what they want, but that TD has told them the 2nd rounder isn't on the table. I really have a feeling that they'll cave at draft time to swap for our 3rd and next year's first... Really that's not even caving that much, it's not an RG# haul, but it's still pretty **** nice compensation to drop and still get one of the guys they want.

Buffalo still makes no sense to me unless they're trying to do it for Manziel. Buffalo's pass-rush and front 7 is already very good, and it's gonna cost way too much to get the Texans to slide down to 9 and risk missing out on all their prospects. I think they're using them to leverage the Birds.

yeah, if Texans want to take a QB with their first pick - picking behind Tampa(#7) and Minnesota(#8) is not a good place to be - so that makes Falcons pick(#6) more valuable. I believe both Bortles and Manziel will be there at #6 - but definitely one of those guys.

we would not get a 2nd rounder to trade back to #9(Bills) or #10(Lions) - looks like trade chart would only yield a high 3rd rounder.

But thats just what the chart says. If its number 6 and the Lions want Evans and are afraid that the Bucs will gram him first they might be willing to give more

But thats just what the chart says. If its number 6 and the Lions want Evans and are afraid that the Bucs will gram him first they might be willing to give more

maybe but Raiders pick is for sale and Raiders would probably take that deal before Falcons would get it.

yeah, if Texans want to take a QB with their first pick - picking behind Tampa(#7) and Minnesota(#8) is not a good place to be - so that makes Falcons pick(#6) more valuable. I believe both Bortles and Manziel will be there at #6 - but definitely one of those guys.

You mean you don't think one will be there?

I don't think Manziel makes it out of the top 4 anymore, but I think Bortles range is 6-8, assuming Manziel doesn't go top 3, and Browns nab him at 4. But in that scenario, they get Mack or a tackle and really aren't much worse off if they got a plan for QB later.

I still think there may be a good possibility for a draft then trade deal, but if the Birds want one of Cloowney and Mack, they may not want to wait and see if a QB falls or not. Tough to say.

F the trade chart- it's just the starting point for discussions. If they are 2 teams bidding for the pick, Falcons can get more than a 3rd rounder.

Not only will the WRs be in play, maybe the QBs too. If Manziel is there at 6, Falcon might clean up trading back.

Even with a 3rd rounder, could package it to move back into the 2nd round. Love to have a 1st rounder and 2 seconds to fill pass rusher, Oline and safety.

F the trade chart- it's just the starting point for discussions. If they are 2 teams bidding for the pick, Falcons can get more than a 3rd rounder.

Yep, trade chart means nothing. In this draft, #6 pick is arguably a higher tier of prospects than at #9, and there would likely be way more competition from teams wanting to jump the Bucs and Vikes for a QB or WR.

Not only will the WRs be in play, maybe the QBs too. If Manziel is there at 6, Falcon might clean up trading back.

Even with a 3rd rounder, could package it to move back into the 2nd round. Love to have a 1st rounder and 2 seconds to fill pass rusher, Oline and safety.

yeah but you have to realize the Raiders spot at #5 is for sale as well. Raiders team needs lots of picks - last year they traded from #3 all the way back to #12 - for only a 2nd rounder.

I think the trade action for a QB or WR would happen one spot in front of us.

here are John Clayton's nuggets(as of 12:20pm today):

• #6 slot might be hot spot for Mike Evans - Detroit and Buffalo would want to move to #6 to leapfrog Tampa Bay - obviously the Falcons hold the #6 pick

Come on, TD. Just this once, deal back once or twice.

Buffalo would be a #3 and #5. Detroit would be a #3 and #4. We could use that ammo to target players at the bottom of the first and later in the top 100.

yeah but you have to realize the Raiders spot at #5 is for sale as well. Raiders team needs lots of picks - last year they traded from #3 all the way back to #12 - for only a 2nd rounder.

Both could happen. Teams could want to trade up at 5 for Manzel and different teams could want to trade up to 6 for Evans

Meh, I think they draft Watkins as an homage to Al. biggrin.png

So many possibilities, even you haven't explored them all, and I mean that as a compliment.

Love to see the Falcons end up with extra high picks this year, maybe next, out of today.

If, after all this, Falcons just draft Matthews at 6, going to feel a little let down, although I'm going to like having that piece on the Oline.

If, after all this, Falcons just draft Matthews at 6, going to feel a little let down, although I'm going to like having that piece on the Oline.

I understand the letdown aspect but having improved two offensive line positions dramatically in the offseason will be a huge win overall.

Meh, I think they draft Watkins as an homage to Al. biggrin.png

So many possibilities, even you haven't explored them all, and I mean that as a compliment.

Love to see the Falcons end up with extra high picks this year, maybe next, out of today.

yeah, at this point, I'm only going to be happy if we trade down a few spots and take who is left over at Lewan/Matthews. If we don't trade-up, might as well trade down and stay in top 10. This would give us further ammo to trade back into 1st round a 2nd time if need be.