I'm Not Superstitious, But ...

Off topic, but what camera did you use to take the photo? I'm looking to purchase a "good" camera.

It depends on, what kind of pictures you are going to take. The pictures above was taken with my Canon 6d (but with a "crappy" Tamron lens, because I never take my $2000 Canon lens with me when I'm walking the dog). The 6d is not a "wildlife" or sports camera, the 7d is better for that purpose (cropped sensor and faster).

I only shoot Canon, so I don't know much about the other brands.

It depends on, what kind of pictures you are going to take. The pictures above was taken with my Canon 6d (but with a "crappy" Tamron lens, because I never take my $2000 Canon lens with me when I'm walking the dog). The 6d is not a "wildlife" or sports camera, the 7d is better for that purpose (cropped sensor and faster).

I only shoot Canon, so I don't know much about the other brands.

Good grief. I'm thinking of something between $500 and $1,000. I'm not a professional photographer, I just want something better than a point and shoot with a faster shutter/sensor to capture movement without blurring so much. Seriously there are $2000 lens's? Wow.

Good grief. I'm thinking of something between $500 and $1,000. I'm not a professional photographer, I just want something better than a point and shoot with a faster shutter/sensor to capture movement without blurring so much. Seriously there are $2000 lens's? Wow.

You should check out the 70d then (probably the best all round camera for shooting images and video) .. and yes, lenses can be very expensive (especially in a country with killer taxes like Denmark ;) )