Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tandy Gossett

Official 1St Round Draft Thread

1,086 posts in this topic

anyone else have the vibe that we pick 3 players today? maybe Terrence West one of them.

Trading down and somehow getting 2 seconds and one third would be amazing.

Pass rusher

FS

West

Can't argue with it. But we've been addressing it with Jackson and Soliai on the DL and now Asamoah and Matthews on the OL. I say the Falcons physically has improved greatly.

Still make themselves look stupid by totally ignoring all of what you said. I just hate they all go about talking about Atlanta. It's like those 4 good players, 2 on each line don't exist. What else can we friggin do? lol

Falconsfan567 likes this

Still make themselves look stupid by totally ignoring all of what you said. I just hate they all go about talking about Atlanta. It's like those 4 good players, 2 on each line don't exist. What else can we friggin do? lol

They probably don't know they exist...or forgot. And im completely serious.

Our local guys dont even care to remember half the important ****

Navin likes this

From everything I've read and heard TD tried to move up for Clowney, then Mack, then Shazier, then Ford. Also, according to the Falcoholic he tried to move into the end of the 1st, to get an unnamed player. I can't believe he could not get a deal done for any of those trades. I wonder how many GM's have tried that hard and failed. I also wonder if that last player got drafted.

As badly as I wanted a pass rusher, I guess I can't be too mad at TD because he definitely wanted one too and tried very hard to get one.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2014/5/9/5698946/the-falcons-didnt-get-a-first-round-pass-rusher-but-not-for-lack-of

Also, according to the Falcoholic he tried to move into the end of the 1st, to get an unnamed player.I also wonder if that last player got drafted.

He probably wasn't picked if they didn't name him but named everybody else.

He probably wasn't picked if they didn't name him but named everybody else.

Yeah, I was thinking that too.

There are 3, maybe 4 DEs on the board rated as high second round. Not sure all fit Atl or if TD is interested in any. Two are considered edge rushers Lawrence and Ealy.

Like the first round, there are a couple of players that should interest TD and just a handful of teams picking ahead of us.........................and on the board is a QB (Carr), WR (Lee) and OT (Kouanjio) will hopefully spur some interest. On the worrisome side, the lack of pass rushers left that some team may select or move up to get them ahead of Atl knowing we will probable get one.

From everything I've read and heard TD tried to move up for Clowney, then Mack, then Shazier, then Ford. Also, according to the Falcoholic he tried to move into the end of the 1st, to get an unnamed player. I can't believe he could not get a deal done for any of those trades. I wonder how many GM's have tried that hard and failed. I also wonder if that last player got drafted.

As badly as I wanted a pass rusher, I guess I can't be too mad at TD because he definitely wanted one too and tried very hard to get one.

http://www.thefalcoh...not-for-lack-of

I would say failed is the wrong word to use there. I would say, was smart and didn't pay to high a price to move up.