Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tandy Gossett

Official 1St Round Draft Thread

1,086 posts in this topic

Taylor Lewan is who I am seeing fall to 6 Robinson, Mack, Clowney, Matthews, Watkins all getting drafted ahead in a variety of orders...8 hours 42 mins and counting....

@FalconsJAdams: From @RichOnSports, Falcons have narrowed it down to 5 targets at six. Still open to moving up but content to stay put. #FalconsDraft

mdrake34 likes this

A source tells ProFootballTalk.com that the Raiders are believed to prefer Texas A&M WR Mike Evans to Clemson WR Sammy Watkins.

We've been getting the sense lately that plenty of teams have Evans as the top wideout on their board. He goes 6'5/231 with 35 1/8" arms and ran a 4.53 while Watkins is 6'1/211 with 32" arms and ran a 4.43. Ultimately, the Raiders may not even have a choice at No. 5 as at least one of these wideouts could very well be off the board. The Jaguars at No. 3 and Browns at No. 4 are both believed to at least be considering Evans and Watkins.

Related: Sammy Watkins, Raiders

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

May 8 - 10:26 AM

A source tells ProFootballTalk.com that the Raiders are believed to prefer Texas A&M WR Mike Evans to Clemson WR Sammy Watkins.

We've been getting the sense lately that plenty of teams have Evans as the top wideout on their board. He goes 6'5/231 with 35 1/8" arms and ran a 4.53 while Watkins is 6'1/211 with 32" arms and ran a 4.43. Ultimately, the Raiders may not even have a choice at No. 5 as at least one of these wideouts could very well be off the board. The Jaguars at No. 3 and Browns at No. 4 are both believed to at least be considering Evans and Watkins.

Related: Sammy Watkins, Raiders

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

May 8 - 10:26 AM

Evans would be a better fit in their offense. They already have a speedy playmaker in Denarius Moore.

John McClain has easily been the most annoying person through this whole process. He continues to throw crap everywhere day after day

5/8: Khalil Mack will not get past the Raiders, according to Peter King.

For those hoping he might slip to 6

John McClain has easily been the most annoying person through this whole process. He continues to throw crap everywhere day after day

Looking at his lifestyle choices, I bet that's some nasty crap. That Texas BBQ will do a number on your digestive tract.

2eyib69.png

Adds another Watkins possibility, and a trade up partner if they really want 5 new starters.

Mack isnt an instant starter for Jacksonville?

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 1m

Houston is now locked in on its player and is not expecting a trade, per sources. Texans happy to sit at 1 and take player it wants.

Good. As much as I have wanted Clowney, a trade up would cost way too much. Houston will have a great player in Clowney, but I think they screwed up. They couldve gotten a solid return for their pick and they still wouldve had a top 6 pick. I dont think their GM knew how to handle the situation and panicked so he just asked for the moon. Maybe they were set on Clowney all along, but I think they wanted a trade down more.

@FalconsJAdams: From @RichOnSports, Falcons have narrowed it down to 5 targets at six. Still open to moving up but content to stay put. #FalconsDraft

Comrade is a cagey cat for sure. I like hearing this. Smokescreen on the smokescreen.

who do they have that he sits behind?

Chris Clemons? Not sure, but I'd guess Mack would play the leo rusher. Prob BS that he won't be the day 1 starter, but I can see how Watkins would add more right away.

Chris Clemons? Not sure, but I'd guess Mack would play the leo rusher. Prob BS that he won't be the day 1 starter, but I can see how Watkins would add more right away.

hey, if they want watkins more I am all for it. let mack fall.