It's Time For An Edge Rusher

#1 Picks in Dimitroff Era

2013 Trufant

2012 Peter Konz (actally 2nd rnd...but our first pick because of Julio the year before)

2011 Julio Jones

2010 Sean Weatherspoon

2009 Peria Jerry

2008 Matt Ryan

I think with the importance of having a pass rush in the NFL, it's amazing we haven't drafted a high round pass rusher since

Dimitroff came here.

We could have done it easily in 2011 or 2012 if not for the Julio deal, and now we want to throw another bunch of picks away to do

what we should have done years ago? I'm not a big fan of throwing away picks for Clowney, but God knows we have avoided getting

an edge rusher for far too long. As much as I hate it, it is our one glaring need.

I have made some posts that were negative towards Clowney but I do believe defense wins championships and its hard to get excited about drafting an O linemen.....even though we need that too.

Claude Humphrey was drafted #3 overall many years ago and He worked out alright....but we still need depth....if you think about where we are at #6.....we're gonna be a better team no matter what TD does.....I'd like Kalil Mack myself, but whoever...........

......WE HAVE GOT TO GET A QUALITY EDGE RUSHER.

THE TIME IS NOW.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't we have one already with JA55?

*rewind*

55AJ htiw ydaerla eno evah ew t'ndiD.

Didn't we already have one with Patrick Kerney?

All we have now are fake busts and pass-rushers that teety**** fake busts (Kroy Biermann).

I'm talkin' about Dimitroff era.....Abraham was a free agent and Bierman was like a 4th rounder.

We haven't had a feared defense in forever. Clowney on the line will instantly give us more attention. He's worth the risk, you gotta take it and go defense in the 1st to help make this defense overall better or we will never be a successful team. Our defense is why we didn't goto the SB in 2012, and also why we had such a sh*tty season last year. We still averaged over 22 pts last year with a busted O line and our D couldn't stop a nosebleed.

The defense of the Atlanta Falcons loses us games. It's our Achilles heel. We have got to go defense in the first round and continue to build on it or this franchise and its offensive weapons will be useless.

Point?

I was just talking about who we have drafted.....Abraham was a great free agent and Bierman was not a high pick like most teams invest in for pass rush.

U know some teams have drafted a number of high round edge rushers in the last 6 years....and teams with a lot better defense than ours too.

We haven't had a feared defense in forever. Clowney on the line will instantly give us more attention. He's worth the risk, you gotta take it and go defense in the 1st to help make this defense overall better or we will never be a successful team. Our defense is why we didn't goto the SB in 2012, and also why we had such a sh*tty season last year. We still averaged over 22 pts last year with a busted O line and our D couldn't stop a nosebleed.

The defense of the Atlanta Falcons loses us games. It's our Achilles heel. We have got to go defense in the first round and continue to build on it our this franchise and its offensive weapons will be useless.

I'd much rather throw a draft away on edge rushers than on wide recievers like we did a couple years ago.

Get 2 quality edge rushers in one draft would do ten times more for your franchise than a WR would.

Attachou

Would love a trade down for Donald ....then get Attachou....doubt something like that happens.

I like Donald cuz He just plays good football.....nowadays people get caught up in 40 times and measurables but

the guy playng "football" is what really matters.

How could you forget Sam Baker 2008 pick 21

True.....a first rounder....cant really blame TD for that though considering where we were in 2008.

Did get tired of reading about short arms though.

Never heard so much short arm talk in my life.....and hope to never again.

Edited by OldFalcons

We all know that TD has a different way of thinking.

He made a significant investment into Baker and I doubt that he is ready to give up on him by drafting the Falcons LT of the future right now.

This draft is deep when it comes to RTs but is not when it comes to natural LTs outside of the top 3 OTs.

We all know that TD has a different way of thinking.

He made a significant investment into Baker and I doubt that he is ready to give up on him by drafting the Falcons LT of the future right now.

This draft is deep when it comes to RTs but is not when it comes to natural LTs outside of the top 3 OTs.

I always want defense.....maybe then get a Zac Martin or something next.

I've said it 1000005003305678124000 times.... Give me the Mackster over Clowney any day!

I believe he offers us more versatility!! Hand in the dirt, coming off the edge, drop back in coverage.. This man will be golden.

Hope Clowney goes #1. Then we trade to #2 for The Mackster!!

I've said it 1000005003305678124000 times.... Give me the Mackster over Clowney any day!

I believe he offers us more versatility!! Hand in the dirt, coming off the edge, drop back in coverage.. This man will be golden.

Hope Clowney goes #1. Then we trade to #2 for The Mackster!!

Woudn't be my ideal.....but I could understand it.