Final Mock Draft

OK the 1st 5 picks before us I have

1st - Clowney - the Texans are not going to take a QB when Clowney clearly is a much better player they go with the best player if they can't trade down.

2nd - Watkins - Rams need a legit top WR and Watkins is that they could easily go with a Tackle but with Long coming back and resigning Saffold there really isn't a need there

3rd - Mack - Best player available here for Jags

4th - Manziel - Browns finally nab a QB that could end up being pretty good

5th - Matthews - I think Oakland could take Robinson as his upside is the beat tackle in football for the next 10 years but I think the go with a guy who could be a day 1 pro bowl caliber tackle in Matthews is he the "talent" Robinson is no but he is a better player right now.

Our picks now

6th -LT- Greg Robinson- I think TD would be doing backflips if

Robinson falls which he just might and he helps us enormously in the run game and if he's gone Matthews isn't a bad option either maybe a better player early on.

2nd Round -WR- Martavis Bryant - I just don't think there will be a quality 9tec rusher here worth taking when the same caliber player should be there in rounds 3-4. I will say if Dee Ford falls here or Kony Ealy then either make a ton of sense but I think they'll be long gone but then so I though i'd grab a guy that can have a big impact and seeing how we went from losing close gut wrenching games to getting Blown out when Julio went out its a need that is getting overlooked. Guy is about as athletic and as big as they come with pretty good ball skills already. I would have taken a TE but i'd always value an elite WR like Julio over a TE like Graham because he can turn a 5 yard slant into a 90 yard TD. And I just think Bryant is going to be really really good.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/martavis-bryant?id=2543572

3rd - FS - Deone Bucannon - I think this guy is a steal here or maybe move up into the second and grab him just to make sure we get him you could switch Brytant and him I just think Bryant has All pro talent were Bucannon is more so very good like Moore. I would grab him in the second but most media outlets and scout value him as a 3rd so I put him here.

4th -OLB -Marcus Smith - it could really be a number of guys but I'll add the very athletic Smith who could have an impact day 1 rushing the QB and round out the rest of his game with some development and Van noy,Kareem Martin,Attaochu, Trent Murphy, Demarcus Lawrence someone is going to fall here you have to remember were picking at the top of these rounds vs the bottom like years past and they all can have day 1 impact as pass rushers.

4th -OLB/ILB- Jordan Tripp add some more depth for the very injury prone spoon and Tripp is a pretty good player anyway. Again could go a number off ways here maybe grab another pass rusher could grab a WR here

5th - OLB - Jackson Jeffcoat - again take another guy who can rush the passer maybe we get lucky and get a Justin Houston

6th -OT - Brandon Thomas - if some else isn't smart enough to grab him before this point we should yea he's injured and out for the season but stock pill a tackle with 1st round talent here wouldn't be so bad.

7th - RB - Isaiah crowell - Could be a steal right here again like the next prospect I list he has huge upside if he's in the right situation and the falcons have worked hard to build this culture So given he's a 7th round pick could easy be cut but his talent is worth the gamble.

7th - DE/OLB - Aaron Lynch - some off the field problems and inconsistent play has had him slip nearly out of the draft but he's a very athletic guy and could have been a day one or two prospect so in the right situation he could be a steal ala Greg Hardy.

You can flame me for grabbing a WR in round two but I know our offense was pretty good before Julio went down grabbing a talent like Bryant would add a little insurance going forward and a eventual replacement for Roddy. I don't really agree with the TE thing because TG played like more than 70% of his snaps either outside or in the slot so I'd rather have a guy like Bryant with 4.4 speed instead of a TE there.

As far as the OL I think if we grab Robinson/Matthews/Lewan to start we then already have plenty of depth weather you think there bad or not there is Johnson,Holmes,Crami,Konz,Schraeder.

I may not have all the picks in the order people want but have filled most of the needs maybe minus TE but in no order i felt out needs were DE/OLB/ILB/FS/RB/WR/TE/OT

TD could always trade up or down and blow up everybodys mock drafts

I hate the 2nd and 3rd pick. Could live with the rest

Was going to take a TE sure there's a lot of people who mock Ealy or ford but they likely won't be there I think it really could go either way in a TE/WR/RB I took Bryant because he has a sky highupside

And What's wrong with Bucannan he's the total package and is slipping down people's board because he played at a division two school

Was going to take a TE sure there's a lot of people who mock Ealy or ford but they likely won't be there I think it really could go either way in a TE/WR/RB I took Bryant because he has a sky highupside

And What's wrong with Bucannan he's the total package and is slipping down people's board because he played at a division two school

Even though Buchanon has good straightline speed, he is not the best in coverage and we desperatly need a FS that we can leave out in centerfield.

Not flaming ya but I think some of your projections are way off. I would be shocked and highly disappointed if we took a WR in the second

Well if ford and ealy are gone who do we take?

Van Noy,Attaochu,Smith and anybody else???? Really isn't worth a high second round pick just feels like we're reaching in my opinion why not take someone with pro bowl upside.

Even though Buchanon has good straightline speed, he is not the best in coverage and we desperatly need a FS that we can leave out in centerfield.

Those guys are hard to find and they usually go in the 10-20 range grabbing Pryor or Ha Ha at 6 is to high and there not good enough to justify moving down and missing out on a guy like Robinson or Matthews. In my opinon

Those guys are hard to find and they usually go in the 10-20 range grabbing Pryor or Ha Ha at 6 is to high and there not good enough to justify moving down and missing out on a guy like Robinson or Matthews. In my opinon

Ward could be had in the second. Exum would be a great guy to play FS due to his size and coverage abilities

Ther is Zero chance that you get Marcus Smith in 4th round. He won't even make it to the 3rd.

He could he undersized to play DE and is only a rusher at this stage as a OLBer I see him as a 3rd round guy that could fall depending on how the draft goes but early forth is about as low as he'll go.

Unrealistic simply because Robinson won't get past the Rams at 2 IMO. They won't take Watkins over G-Rob.

He could fall people forget Robinson is a project he isn't a better player than either Lewan or Matthews he's a much better talent though I could see them going Matthews does he make it to 6? Who knows but if the rams pass and take a WR and the browns take a QB he has a chance to fall to 6

Remember the rams have two good starting tackles in saffold and long

A second round receiver kinda bugs me--but it's possible I guess. Tough to imagine waiting so late for a pass rusher.

I don't see Smith being there so late in draft

Well when people say "pass rusher" there isn't a ton of guys outside of the 1st that have had day one impact and sometimes even 1st rounders struggle to adjust to the NFL.

If they like Motta at safety going forwards they could elect to pass on a safety early in the draft and grab a guy like Smith early in round 3.

I just feel there's three theirs of pass rushers in Clowney/Mack then Barr/Ford/Ealy then there's guys like Smith/Attaochu/Van Noy/Murhpy and others in that 3rd their

Plus unless the guy we draft is a legit 8+ sack guy he's not taking snaps away from Osi/Kroy/Mass/Bartu we seen this in the past with smith.

Just my opinion that's why I didn't take a rusher until round 4 can have everything fixed in one draft and I'd rather not roll the dice on another project tackle nor DE early in the draft

Well if ford and ealy are gone who do we take?

Van Noy,Attaochu,Smith and anybody else???? Really isn't worth a high second round pick just feels like we're reaching in my opinion why not take someone with pro bowl upside.

well first I consider bucannon and Attaochu to be legit 2nd round prospects, so I would take either of the them in the second. A FS like Ward is also a viable option.I wouldn't be as opposed to us taking a receiver in the third, but then again a TE Fiedorowizc would likely be available then as well.

Both with legitimate health concerns. Not to mention, there have been whispers that Saffold will move into guard. That's what the Raiders had planned before he failed his physical. Outside of that, the cupboard is bare.

Fair enough

But why did they give both guys big contracts the last two off seasons and Saffold like 20 mil guaranteed

See this is why people should actually go do there home work on stuff like this

You think we'd like to replace Baker? Absolutely but given his "contract" we can't were stuck with him just like the rams with Saffold and Long

And you really think the raiders were going to give Saffold 42 mil to play guard when he's a tackle wow you must know nothing about football maybe that was a fall back plan but I would think they'd hope he'd play tackle for the entire length of the contract.

Edited by THE ICEMAN

well first I consider bucannon and Attaochu to be legit 2nd round prospects, so I would take either of the them in the second. A FS like Ward is also a viable option.I wouldn't be as opposed to us taking a receiver in the third, but then again a TE Fiedorowizc would likely be available then as well.

Nah

I see them more as late day two guys at the top of the 2nd I want a guy who could one day be a pro bowler

So I took a guy with a ton of upside given we have Roody and Julio I'd say he'd develop much quicker than most would think plus in theory he opens up the feild much more for the screen game and running game we really don't have a deep threat outside of Julio which most defense's game plan is to take the big play away from julio and make him a possession receiver.

Nah

I see them more as late day two guys at the top of the 2nd I want a guy who could one day be a pro bowler

So I took a guy with a ton of upside given we have Roody and Julio I'd say he'd develop much quicker than most would think plus in theory he opens up the feild much more for the screen game and running game we really don't have a deep threat outside of Julio which most defense's game plan is to take the big play away from julio and make him a possession receiver.

I see the logic in the WR pick but Bryant isn't gonna be a probowler right away. You probably could get the same kinda production taking andre Ellington in the third. we are gonna spread it around more this year but any WR we bring in this year is gonna be fighting for touches unfortunately. Edited by atlGM

I see the logic in the WR pick but Bryant isn't gonna be a probowler right away. You probably could get the same kinda production taking andre Ellington in the third. we are gonna spread it around more this year but any WR we bring in this year is gonna be fighting for touches unfortunately.

Yea I agree but its the talent with Bryant a lot like alshon Jeffrey

39 inch vert 4.42 speed 6-5 like Jeffrey he could have a impact his rookie year in that 3rd receiver role and in his second year really take a jump.

Having Jones at 6-3 Bryant at 6-5 and Toilolo at 6-8 Ryan should have 3 great redzome targets and another deep threat as well which this offense really needs.

I was going to go TE and take Jase Amaro but just choose Bryant over him as I just think his ceiling is much higher and we have done a pretty good job developing offensive guys (besides OLmen)

Yea I agree but its the talent with Bryant a lot like alshon Jeffrey

39 inch vert 4.42 speed 6-5 like Jeffrey he could have a impact his rookie year in that 3rd receiver role and in his second year really take a jump.

Having Jones at 6-3 Bryant at 6-5 and Toilolo at 6-8 Ryan should have 3 great redzome targets and another deep threat as well which this offense really needs.

I was going to go TE and take Jase Amaro but just choose Bryant over him as I just think his ceiling is much higher and we have done a pretty good job developing offensive guys (besides OLmen)

yea don't get me wrong I like Bryant a lot as a prospect.He has deep deep speed. I think he is highly underatted by most I just know our coaching staff won't give him Douglas's touches.

Personally I would love for us to get one of the second round TE'S or safties but deep down I don't think we can pass on a Pass rusher or OT with our first two picks whether it involves a trade down or up in either round.