Real Possibilities Of Happening On Draft Day

1. Texans = Clowney or Mack (most likely Clowney)

2. Rams = Greg Robinson, Mack, Sammy Watkins or trade with Lions for the 10th - Lions take Sammy.

3. Jags = Sammy Watkins if Lions or Rams don’t get him, Greg Robinson, Mack. Most likely Sammy or Mack - whoever is available.

4. Browns = Johnny Football OR trade with the Falcons and we take Greg Robinson.

5. Raiders = Greg Robinson if we don’t trade ahead of them.

6. Falcons = Matthews of Lewan - I'm thinking Lewan.

This can play out a million ways but I think this is probably one of the more realistic scenarios.

Best/Miracle scenario: Best case would be by some miracle Sammy Watkins is still available, and the Lions or Bills trade up for him (we would have a serious bidding war), swap us their 9th or 10th pick and their 2nd rounder (we snag Lewan or Matthews with 10 - whoever falls). Then we have the 38th and 41st or 42nd pick in the second round to address D-line and Safety, or we can trade both seconds to move back into the middle-first for an upper echelon DE/OLB.

Edited by matty72780

1. Texans = Clowney or Mack (most likely Clowney)

2. Rams = Greg Robinson, Mack, Sammy Watkins or trade with Lions for the 10th - Lions take Sammy.

3. Jags = Sammy Watkins if Lions or Rams don’t get him, Greg Robinson, Mack. Most likely Sammy or Mack - whoever is available.

4. Browns = Johnny Football OR trade with the Falcons and we take Greg Robinson.

5. Raiders = Greg Robinson if we don’t trade ahead of them.

6. Falcons = Matthews of Lewan - I'm thinking Lewan.

This can play out a million ways but I think this is probably one of the more realistic scenarios.

Best/Miracle scenario: Best case would be by some miracle Sammy Watkins is still available, and the Lions or Bills trade up for him (we would have a serious bidding war), swap us their 9th or 10th pick and their 2nd rounder (we snag Lewan or Matthews with 10 - whoever falls). Then we have the 38th and 41st or 42nd pick in the second round to address D-line and Safety, or we can trade both seconds to move back into the middle-first for an upper echelon DE/OLB.

I'm no mathematician but your numbers seem a bit high.

Matthews or Lewan? You really went way out on a limb with your prediction. laugh.png

I said REALISTIC, which is what I post. There are a billion theories but this is what I'm thinking will more than likely play out.

Edited by matty72780

I want Clowney- (I hope we just swap picks, give them our third this year and next year's first) As we will have money to spend on a top FA or FA's (next year) which would be almost like having a first round pick (Next Year)

CLOWNEY-

Bottom Line

A physical specimen with a rare size-speed combination, Clowney was not as impactful as a junior while playing through injuries and being forced to deal with opposing offenses that fully accounted for him with extra chip protection. Was a 20-year-old junior affected by turnover on the defensive coaching staff. Could benefit tremendously from a stable positional coach and strong, veteran mentor on the defensive line who will hold him accountable, show him the way and serve as a father figure. Is one of the most unique talents in the draft and could easily be a double-digit sack producer in the pros from either end. Is every bit worthy of the first overall pick and will immediately upgrade a defensive line and improve the production of those around him.

Then we need to land either-

BUCANNON-

Bottom Line

Good-sized, athletic, physical safety who stands out as a straight-line striker on tape and sets the tone. Has coverage limitations, but brings aggressiveness and intensity to carve a niche as a downhill box defender and core special-teams player. Must learn to become more assignment sound to maximize his potential. Has some similarities to Tampa Bay FS Dashon Goldson.

or WARD-

Bottom Line

Wiry, active, aggressive strong safety at his best playing downhill and reacting to plays in front him, yet possesses the cover skill to range over the top or lock down defenders in the slot. Ability to stay healthy in the future given lack of size and durability is the biggest concern. A very talented football player who could slide a round or two based on size, medical evaluations and attitude. Can contribute immediately at any safety position and positively affect the game if healthy and focused.

Then focus on O-line

I know O-line is important but we can still get a good O-line player and we can still sign players after cuts, etc...

If we could trade back to 9 and still get Lewan and pick up a 2nd (which is realistic), this would be the best situation possible. We have our RT (and actually LT) lined up for years and with two early #2's and an early #3 we will probably pick up two day one starting defensive players. It would also allow us to look at RB, TE and WR a round earlier and get some depth and potential next year starters.