Interesting Stats

I flipped over to NFL Insiders on ESPN for just a second and they had the Falcons on the bottom of the screen and they popped up some interesting stats.

1. Matt Ryan was pressured 203 times in 2013, most in the NFL. As a result he threw a career high 17 interceptions.

2. The Falcons got 47 starts on defense in 2013 from rookies. Most in the NFL.

3. Falcons lost 7 games by 7 points or less in 2013. Second most in the NFL.

4. Falcons ran the ball on just 31.1% of offensive plays in 2013. Lowest run percentage in NFL history.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What i get from those stats is the getting the Guard Jon Asomoah was a good move to help with the interior of our o-line and help with our run game. I knew that we played alot of close games last year and getting players back healthly will help us close on leads and keep leads. WE are not as bad off as our record indicated which is why Smitty and TD are in such a shock with how a few holes could hurt our team so bad , but they now realize that those few holes were huge holes and we are shoring them up this offseason.

Guest fibonacci

I flipped over to NFL Insiders on ESPN for just a second and they had the Falcons on the bottom of the screen and they popped up some interesting stats.

1. Matt Ryan was pressured 203 times in 2013, most in the NFL. As a result he threw a career high 17 interceptions.

2. The Falcons got 47 starts on defense in 2013 from rookies. Most in the NFL.

3. Falcons lost 7 games by 7 points or less in 2013. Second most in the NFL.

4. Falcons ran the ball on just 31.1% of offensive plays in 2013. Lowest run percentage in NFL history.

and people say we need clowney and screw the rest of this years draft.

- even if we kept our second this year. there is no RT that is going to drop there that can help us out near as close as matthews/robinson does.

- even if we kept our second this year. there is no RT that is going to drop there that can help us out near as close as matthews/robinson does.

IMO Guard was much more important than a RT when it comes to our run game and interior pressure.

Falcons could just end up signing a RT when cuts happen. Or find one as a UDFA just like we found Worrilow and Bartu.

Guest fibonacci

IMO Guard was much more important than a RT when it comes to our run game and interior pressure.

IF you are right, then I can see that.

it's hard for me to judge a line. one player can screw up the entire system.

Guest fibonacci

Falcons could just end up signing a RT when cuts happen. Or find one as a UDFA just like we found Worrilow and Bartu.

that is a good point.

Seems to me they already tried that Ryan Schraeder and Terren Jones Just how well has that worked out

HEY but it's a GREAT IDEA maybe they can "find" a PASS RUSHER in UDFA or just sign one at cut downs

and just do the mondane thing and draft an OT

you're wrong on that. there will be OTs avail in early 2nd round that would be a stud RT for us: Richardson, James, Kouanjido, and Bitonio.

Seems to me they already tried that Ryan Schraeder and Terren Jones Just how well has that worked out

HEY but it's a GREAT IDEA maybe they can "find" a PASS RUSHER in UDFA or just sign one at cut downs

and just do the mondane thing and draft an OT

So, falcons should just stop and never sign a RT because of Ryan and Terren?

So, falcons should just stop and never sign a RT because of Ryan and Terren?

you missed my point all; together the other poster(Skareffect)(YOU) said they could "find" a RT in UFDA

I was pointing out that had not worked WHEN they found Worrilow and Bartu

OT is a need at the moment but that does not mean we do not have the player capable of filling that need already on the team.

Wether you like our players at RT or not, it doesn't matter. We have 5 options at RT and Mike Tice's job is to fin our who gives is the best opportunity to win.

And plus we had to struggle with the ups and down of Holmes, and as many have said, Holmes is a project.

So why give up on the project after 1 year?

Draft a pass rusher and let the offense gel.

This draft has plenty of talented RTs that are rated throughout the 1st 3 rounds of the draft.

The reason why some posters strictly think the Falcons need to draft Robinson, Matthews, or Lewan is because they can eventually play LT and want Baker benched or gone in the near future.

This draft has plenty of RTs, which can be gotten in the 2nd and possibly the 3rd round. Even TD has said that.

This draft has plenty of talented RTs that are rated throughout the 1st 3 rounds of the draft.

The reason why some posters strictly think the Falcons need to draft Robinson, Matthews, or Lewan is because they can eventually play LT and want Baker benched or gone in the near future.

This draft has plenty of RTs, which can be gotten in the 2nd and possibly the 3rd round. Even TD has said that.

But can't the nearly same thing be said for DEs?????

It just that everyone is drunk on the Clowney hype

And do to be surprised if we take a RT in rd 2 or 3 and he is good enough to start and eventually Holmes is the guy at LT.

Although I firmly believe Holmes will be starting at RT.

So we should never sign a RT UDFA because of those 2.. right. Okay.

Should they stop looking no after all many good falcons came from UDFA ie Clabo, Dahl, Grimes etc

BUT if you can look for RT there you can also look for DEs and OLBs there

why draft a DE at #1 when you can look for 1 in UDFA?

\

Heck just give all your picks away and Look for every position in UDFA

the point of the thread was that by those posted stats a GOOD RT was needed and it's much easier to find a good RT in rnd 1,2,3 than as an UDFA