Swimming Pool Question

LouDog.

After getting the pool cleaned up and ready to go I noticed that every morning I would find more and more sand in the bottom of the pool. Everyone said that most likely the laterals in the sand filter had broke and were allowing the sand to pass through the filter. I have changed the laterals and replaced all of the sand. Still waking up with sand in the pool. Any suggestions?

Did you change your sand recently? Could be the size of the sand is too small, and just passes through

I changed it when i replaced the laterals but I went to the local pool company and used what they recommended so i assume its the right size. Maybe it is just some leftover sand that was stuck in the pipes like you said. I just vacuumed it so i should know in a few hours

I wish I still had a fkng pool .....sad.png

I got lucky man. Have a very rich client that I rented a house from. He was charging 2700 a month to the guy before me but let me sign a 2 year lease for 1300 a month. I lucked out laugh.png

I did the same thing and sand was coming out of the return for 2 weeks, then it stopped.

Sand isn't a perfectly uniform size (and there is a natural grinding when it gets transported) so the smallest bits will go through.

I did the same thing and sand was coming out of the return for 2 weeks, then it stopped.

Sand isn't a perfectly uniform size (and there is a natural grinding when it gets transported) so the smallest bits will go through.

cool. thanks for the info. It has came back a little but nowhere near as fast as it was

after changing everything out it is still leaking sand. So i pay a kid that works for a pool company to redo the job to make sure i did it right. He said everything was done right yet im still finding sand. This **** is getting annoying

after changing everything out it is still leaking sand. So i pay a kid that works for a pool company to redo the job to make sure i did it right. He said everything was done right yet im still finding sand. This **** is getting annoying

Do you have kids or pets?

I have dogs but the pool is screened in and they never get inside the screen

Another thing you can do is to turn down flow to the skimmer and open up the main drain. This won't solve the cause, but it can help clean up the sand from the bottom.

Another thing you can do is to turn down flow to the skimmer and open up the main drain. This won't solve the cause, but it can help clean up the sand from the bottom.

nice ill try that. The only other thing I can figure is there is actually a leak in the liner somewhere and sand is leaking in that way.