Do Not Trade With The Texans!

If Thomas Dimitroff is smart he will not meet the Texans asking price. The Texans aren't drafting Clowney. The Texans will either draft Bortles or Mack. The Falcons don't even have to trade with the Rams at 2nd to get Clowney. Rams, if they stay put, will draft an OT or Sammie Watkins. Heck, if they trade with the Bucs, the Bucs will draft Johnny Football or Sammie Watkins. The Falcons can trade with the Jaguars at 3 to get Clowney. We know how much the Falcons want Clowney. The price tag is a lot cheaper at 3 than it is at 1. With Caldwell having come from the Falcons he might cut Dimitroff a great deal too. Here is how I can see things shaking out if Dimitroff is smart.

A

1. Texans - Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida

2. Rams - Sammie Watkins, WR, Clemson

3. Falcons - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

B

2. Buccaneers - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

C

1. Texans - Khalil Mack, DE, Buffalo

D

If HOU doesn't take Clowney, STL will get flooded with offers to trade into their #2 spot. My guess, as i posted last night, is that TD has been doing much more serious negotiating with the Rams than with the Texans. Assuming the Falcons are trying to land one of the two elite pass rush prospects, all they have to do is be in the #2 spot. Worst case, HOU takes one of the two and ATL gets the other; best case, HOU takes a QB and ATL gets their first choice. And because STL still has their regular 1st round pick and would be trading the 2nd pick, not the #1, their demands will be much lower.

If HOU doesn't take Clowney, STL will get flooded with offers to trade into their #2 spot. My guess, as i posted last night, is that TD has been doing much more serious negotiating with the Rams than with the Texans. Assuming the Falcons are trying to land one of the two elite pass rush prospects, all they have to do is be in the #2 spot. Worst case, HOU takes one of the two and ATL gets the other; best case, HOU takes a QB and ATL gets their first choice. And because STL still has their regular 1st round pick and would be trading the 2nd pick, not the #1, their demands will be much lower.

Agreed. Even if someone is stupid enough to trade a kings ransom for Clowney it shouldn't be the Falcons. He's not worth it.

where the **** does everyone get this "will cut him a great deal" stuff. Caldwell works for the Jaguars, he is getting paid millions to make the best decision for his franchize. Sure, he worked here which means his phone line will be open, but if Clowney is there at 3 he is going to be a Jag.

If Thomas Dimitroff is smart he will not meet the Texans asking price. The Texans aren't drafting Clowney. The Texans will either draft Bortles or Mack. The Falcons don't even have to trade with the Rams at 2nd to get Clowney. Rams, if they stay put, will draft an OT or Sammie Watkins. Heck, if they trade with the Bucs, the Bucs will draft Johnny Football or Sammie Watkins. The Falcons can trade with the Jaguars at 3 to get Clowney. We know how much the Falcons want Clowney. The price tag is a lot cheaper at 3 than it is at 1. With Caldwell having come from the Falcons he might cut Dimitroff a great deal too. Here is how I can see things shaking out if Dimitroff is smart.

A

B

C

D

If Clowney fell to #3, the Jags would simply pick him.

The Jags and Falcons already have a very good relationship and have made various trades to help out both teams. They arent going to give us a steal but they probably would like to stay on good terms with us so they probably wont ask for a stupid amount in return

I dont get why you want another team to take a player that the Falcons have rated the highest on their draft board. That sounds pretty selfish to me. If the FAlcons have Clowney rated #1 on their draft board and can get him at a fair price then I hope they make it happen. It is about the team and not about what I want.

Who cares who the Texans draft. We have so many needs we should be able to fill one of them by staying at 6 there is no reason to focus on just one player and paying to much to get him.

If TD actually knew how to draft linemen he wouldn't be so desperate for one now

Edited by Brehus

I want the FO to do whatever they decide to do. No pick will upset me, no trade will bother me.

personally, I want Clowney. He's a beast, and I want another vicious pass rusher. I'm still not over Abraham. I want Clowney in Atl.

but, I can push my own wishes aside. I know that TD's wife knows more about scouting players than I'll ever know. I know that Smith literally sh*Ts pigskin. I know that pioli and Tice know more intimate details surrounding these players than I know about my wife.

so I'm fine letting the gentlemen, who get paid millions to make the pick,make the pick.

honestly, I can't wait until they do draft Clowney. Some of you guys' heads are going to explode...

A

B

C