Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hjerry

Nflpa Files Grievance On Behalf Of Jimmy Graham

155 posts in this topic

Can only swallow this trade if no more than a total of 3 picks are used and we keep our 2nd rounder. Don't want to give up 4 or 5 picks for one guy again even late rounder.

could be but Bills are three spots behind the Falcons - it will take more for them to get to #1. Also, if Texans want a QB, the Bills slot puts Texans behind Tampa(#7) and Minnesota(#8) who could draft QBs. That is a really bad spot for the Texans.

I hope that the Bills give up the farm for Jadeveon Clowney. The Texans will be sitting a little too low for their comfort. That will give us a great opportunity to trade down and pick up some fine picks this season and next....for example: a third this season and a second next year.

Alright, fine: In my opinion this staff will be fired at the end of the season if they make this trade because this team won't be capable of winning anything of consequence.

Alright, fine: In my opinion this staff will be fired at the end of the season if they make this trade because this team won't be capable of winning anything of consequence.

I don't see why this would be a bad trade. At most this year we lose our chance at TE which may actually be replaced with 4 WR sets this year or a project FS. We still will have our 4th rounder this year and can use next years free agency and the draft to fill those two needs

Lack starters at multiple spots. Trading away multiple premium picks for an unproven player since he's billed as elite, again. Lack depth to the point where any long term injury will severely impact the entire team.

No, they're ****** if they make this trade.

Everybody in this draft is unproven.

g-dawg likes this

G-dawg, you know good and well that all the insiders in the world aren't getting any kind of access to anyone's draft strategy.

Oh and I think it's horrible to trade the future away for Clowney...biggrin.png

What happens 48hrs before the draft is different than what happens 1-2 weeks before the draft. Peter King & Jay Glazer both caught wind of Falcons pushing to make move up board for Julio/AJ. Ed Werder is legit and he is embedded in Houston right now.

Dang g-dawg, I go away for 2 months and you are is still shouting about Clowney and giving up a ton in the process. How can you justfy a trade of this nature when we have so many holes?

This is kind of mindset is what puts franchies back years. We finally have a full set of picks to upgrade multiple positions and you want to throw that away for 1 and I repeat 1 unproven player.

Smh at you g-dawg. You are better than this.

The Legendary SB likes this

Dang g-dawg, I go away for 2 months and you are is still shouting about Clowney and giving up a ton in the process. How can you justfy a trade of this nature when we have so many holes?

This is kind of mindset is what puts franchies back years. We finally have a full set of picks to upgrade multiple positions and you want to throw that away for 1 and I repeat 1 unproven player.

Smh at you g-dawg. You are better than this.

We have TWO major holes - Pass Rusher and Offensive Tackle - we can fill both with our 1st and 2nd round pick this year. We also would have two 4th round picks to look at FS/RB/ILB - we have enough picks - its like some of you guys are blinded that we would not have enough picks.

In 2015, we just sign one extra free agent that we would not have signed to lessen the sting of no 1st round pick.

I will SMH at you, Looky rolleyes.gif

Mayock just said on NFLN that the jump to #1 would cost 1300.

Then all It would take is a swap of 1st and throw in a 3rd.

G-Dawg nice thread mate.

Also like the options for players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

thanks kiwi.......if Falcons come out of this draft with Clowney and a 2nd round solution that pans out at RT/LT - anything else is a bonus - and we would have two 4th rounders and a 5th rounder plus three 7th rounders - odds are we could hit on 1-2 more players....

could be but Bills are three spots behind the Falcons - it will take more for them to get to #1. Also, if Texans want a QB, the Bills slot puts Texans behind Tampa(#7) and Minnesota(#8) who could draft QBs. That is a really bad spot for the Texans.

Fair points. I don't want to trade up but I'm not in control, and if we do so be it

Clowney in red and black

Hnnnnng

Draft 28.5 hours away baby

g-dawg likes this

Mayock just said on NFLN that the jump to #1 would cost 1300.

it will cost - at minimum - our 1st rounder(#1-006 = 1,600pts), our 3rd rounder(#3-068 = 250pts) and next year's 1st rounder(assume pick#18 = 900pts).....That is a total of 2,750pts. I think that might get it done. The first overall pick is worth 3,000 points but given the Falcons spot in the draft which would likely allow Texans ability to get their favorite player (presumably Mack/Manziel/Bortles) - I think this would work.

How about if Mack falls to the Jags at 3 we make a trade with them. Certainley would be a lot cheaper and in my opnion a better overall player. I think you're love for Clowney has deluded your thought process.

falcons4life likes this

thanks kiwi.......if Falcons come out of this draft with Clowney and a 2nd round solution that pans out at RT/LT - anything else is a bonus - and we would have two 4th rounders and a 5th rounder plus three 7th rounders - odds are we could hit on 1-2 more players....

I mean 10 picks this year we definitely don't need that many and with the ability with the later round picks to move around I kinda like that flexibility.

You hit the nail on the head though we no what we will pay to move between 1-4 we stick to that we'll be fine.

I personally think alot on here are underestimate our position we have all the leverage here if others want a bidding war let them have it we can still get a great player at 6.

I want 1 of the big 4 and I'll believe regardless we walk away with 1 of them for sure especially if Manziel and Watkins go in the 1st 5 picks which isn't out of the question.

For me we are in a can't miss position.

one thing that is missing in analysis as well is this: Clowney's ability will make Massaquoi better, it will make Weatherspoon better, it will mean Trufant/Alford have 1 second less that they have to cover - it will mean more interceptions, etc.

Passrush makes everything on a defense better.

I dont know. Is the Clown as good as a DE as Julio is as a WR? Sure we give up less than the Juliio trade but we arent moving up 20 spots either.

I just dont feel it in my bones that this guy is our defensive messiah. I'd rather stay put try and see what falls to us or maybe move up a bit but not for so much.

We have TWO major holes - Pass Rusher and Offensive Tackle - we can fill both with our 1st and 2nd round pick this year. We also would have two 4th round picks to look at FS/RB/ILB - we have enough picks - its like some of you guys are blinded that we would not have enough picks.

In 2015, we just sign one extra free agent that we would not have signed to lessen the sting of no 1st round pick.

You are comfortable trading away picks because Dimitroff doesn't do much with them anyway, yet you are counting on him to hit everything in this scenario.

In your free agent scenario, the claim is the loss of a 2015 1st rounder can be offset by an extra free agent, again something Dimitroff has struggled with. Given the recent devaluation of RB, which of TD's free agents signed over the last six years has convinced you he can attract a productive, top quality free agent, sufficient to offset a 1st rd pick?

I wouldn't mind. So many question marks with these top 6-10 picks, go after the one you want. Lets not forget that TD has said that they scout out 2 years in advance so they have ideas on what will be there in the first next year. Maybe they are ok with giving that up.

Except there are at least 6 starters scheduled to be free agents. Gotta look at the whole picture...

You are comfortable trading away picks because Dimitroff doesn't do much with them anyway, yet you are counting on him to hit everything in this scenario.

In your free agent scenario, the claim is the loss of a 2015 1st rounder can be offset by an extra free agent, again something Dimitroff has struggled with. Given the recent devaluation of RB, which of TD's free agents signed over the last six years has convinced you he can attract a productive, top quality free agent, sufficient to offset a 1st rd pick?

Honestly I'm comfortable with TD picking in the top 10 his hit ratio is Julio & Matt so at 6 or trading up I'll say it now its pretty close to a sure thing we will be getting an exceptional guy if we trade up or stand pat at 6.

Ok, Clowney has got to be the absolute most polarizing draft issue ever discussed on TATF in recent memory. Some think he is so lazy and sorry he will be the next Aundray Bruce. Some think he will be the next great DE in the NFL. No right or wrong YET.

Whether we draft him or not, put up your prediction here for him in 2014, and I will bookmark this thread and we can revisit it during the season.

I say the Clown is going to be in mention for ROY honors and will have a tremendous rookie campaign for somebody.

Don't be scared, c'mon chime in and no back pedaling, waffling or fence sitting....