Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hjerry

Nflpa Files Grievance On Behalf Of Jimmy Graham

155 posts in this topic

If it comes to a bidding war, TD will get outbid and I would hope for him to do so. If Clowney goes to the AFC East, I wouldn't complain about that at all.

I think the Texans would rather have Clowney in the NFC

Profootballtalk reports the Bills are "burning up the phone lines" trying to trade up from No. 9 overall to 1 or 2.

Per PFT's Mike Florio, the Bills are eyeing Jadeveon Clowney to bookend Mario Williams or Greg Robinson to solidify their offensive line. Considering the Bills were one of the most run-heavy teams in the league last season, going after a mauling run blocker like Robinson who has the potential to be Orlando Pace 2.0 in the long-term makes a ton of sense. Both the Texans and Rams at Nos. 1 and 2 overall, respectively, are believed to be interested in trading down.

Related: Bills, Texans, Rams, Jadeveon Clowney

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports May 7 - 1:36 PM

Our leverage may be slipping

I doubt it.

Maybe its the Texans and Rams leaking the info trying to drive up the price but I don't see the Falcons giving up that much to move....

Pass Rusher and OT are huge needs with pass rusher being the greater one in my mind... however not THAT much greater.

I think it's more likely the Falcons move up anywhere from 2-4 if the price was right but I don't see #1 happening. Texans won't be able to grab the guy they want @ 6 and will want premium to move out.

And as far as the Bills & Bucs all it takes is one other team to be interested enough to drive up the price just enough to be too rich for the Falcons. They don't have to outbid us. The Texans just need another team interested to drive up the price.

Profootballtalk reports the Bills are "burning up the phone lines" trying to trade up from No. 9 overall to 1 or 2.

Per PFT's Mike Florio, the Bills are eyeing Jadeveon Clowney to bookend Mario Williams or Greg Robinson to solidify their offensive line. Considering the Bills were one of the most run-heavy teams in the league last season, going after a mauling run blocker like Robinson who has the potential to be Orlando Pace 2.0 in the long-term makes a ton of sense. Both the Texans and Rams at Nos. 1 and 2 overall, respectively, are believed to be interested in trading down.

could be but Bills are three spots behind the Falcons - it will take more for them to get to #1. Also, if Texans want a QB, the Bills slot puts Texans behind Tampa(#7) and Minnesota(#8) who could draft QBs. That is a really bad spot for the Texans.

Artys Arryn likes this

Maybe its the Texans and Rams leaking the info trying to drive up the price but I don't see the Falcons giving up that much to move....

Pass Rusher and OT are huge needs with pass rusher being the greater one in my mind... however not THAT much greater.

I think it's more likely the Falcons move up anywhere from 2-4 if the price was right but I don't see #1 happening. Texans won't be able to grab the guy they want @ 6 and will want premium to move out.

And as far as the Bills & Bucs all it takes is one other team to be interested enough to drive up the price just enough to be too rich for the Falcons.

yeah, Falcons just need to determine "what is the most" they are willing to give up to move to #1 and #2 - and don't deviate from that - if they lose out on the trade, then fine - we have "Plan B" which is a good plan.

Such a trade with be the death nail of this staff. I guarantee it.

you guarantee jack sheot

I don't see us moving up because the Bills and Bucs are possibly going to create the EXACT thing we didn't want.... a bidding war for 1 & 2.

The Bucs and Bills don't have a Franchise QB. Why would they attempt to make a trade they can't afford?

Such a trade with be the death nail of this staff. I guarantee it.

Agreed. In fact, I'm not even mad about it. I like TDs scouting on skill players, but he has demolished our depth

It may be. But I just don't see the Texans wanting to drop to 9, behind the Bucs and Vikings. I think that along with our connections to Snead and Caldwell are what's mainly providing our leverage and those two things aren't changing. However, if the Bills want to mortgage 2 whole drafts to go up, they will beat us out. I think we want Clowney but would be fine with Mack/Robinson at 2 or 3.

g-dawg likes this

yeah, Falcons just need to determine "what is the most" they are willing to give up to move to #1 and #2 - and don't deviate from that - if they lose out on the trade, then fine - we have "Plan B" which is a good plan.

you guarantee jack sheot

One thing that concerns me is what you pointed out before. The Texans have enough people on their staff to have a good window into the Gamecocks program and Clowney.

If they're not automatically sold on him there's a reason...

you guarantee jack sheot

Lack starters at multiple spots. Trading away multiple premium picks for an unproven player since he's billed as elite, again. Lack depth to the point where any long term injury will severely impact the entire team.

No, they're ****** if they make this trade.

It may be. But I just don't see the Texans wanting to drop to 9, behind the Bucs and Vikings. I think that along with our connections to Snead and Caldwell are what's mainly providing our leverage and those two things aren't changing. However, if the Bills want to mortgage 2 whole drafts to go up, they will beat us out. I think we want Clowney but would be fine with Mack/Robinson at 2 or 3.

exactly. If Bills want #1 bad enough to overpay, let Bills have #1 - we can talk to Rams about #2 and shift gears to Khalil Mack if need be.

Lack starters at multiple spots. Trading away multiple premium picks for an unproven player since he's billed as elite, again. Lack depth to the point where any long term injury will severely impact the entire team.

its your opinion and you guarantee - NOTHING.

G-dawg, you know good and well that all the insiders in the world aren't getting any kind of access to anyone's draft strategy.

Oh and I think it's horrible to trade the future away for Clowney...biggrin.png

spiker and The Legendary SB like this

its your opinion and you guarantee - NOTHING.

Alright, fine: In my opinion this staff will be fired at the end of the season if they make this trade because this team won't be capable of winning anything of consequence.

I would still prefer the Rams, but I trust that TD will get it done.

I do not think losing one pick this year is going to kill our chance at getting depth. We may have to roll with the punches at RT or FS, but I think we could still get a solid team.

I'd say in the scenario listed we would be giving up 1 premium pick, 1 good pick, and a little filler (guys not much better than what's available in UDFA). It could turn out to be a blockbuster trade (in which case I'd be disappointed) but I don't think this constitutes a Blockbuster trade. We are essentially trading a starter, a potential starter/good depth, and some guys who would be lucky to make the 53.

GEORGIAfan likes this

I'd say in the scenario listed we would be giving up 1 premium pick, 1 good pick, and a little filler (guys not much better than what's available in UDFA). It could turn out to be a blockbuster trade (in which case I'd be disappointed) but I don't think this constitutes a Blockbuster trade. We are essentially trading a starter, a potential starter/good depth, and some guys who would be lucky to make the 53.

The problem the Clowney crowd consistently ignores is that we need multiple starters. It is not a want, we NEED multiple starters. Clowney fixes only ONE problem and trading up to get him leaves the roster with multiple holes at starting positions, and that isn't even considering our already God awful depth.

The Legendary SB likes this

G-dawgs example has us losing 1 true starter NEXT YEAR and 1 potential starter and a filler guy. WTF are you crying about that. There is no guarantee that our 3rd round pick is a starter. and the 6th pick should not even be a question, plus we have an extra 4th.

PokerSteve and Artys Arryn like this

G-dawgs example has us losing 1 true starter NEXT YEAR and 1 potential starter and a filler guy. WTF are you crying about that. There is no guarantee that our 3rd round pick is a starter. and the 6th pick should not even be a question, plus we have an extra 4th.

Exactly. we lose a third round pick in this years draft that could and should become a starter. That is the only significant piece we lose in 2014. Now obviously you lose another presumed starter in 2015, but according to Psychic Gibbon, the loss of the one starter for 2014 will be so egregious that it gets Dimitroff fired - LOL.

What would get Dimitroff fired would be if Clowney was a bust, if Julio does not come back healthy, if Falcons O-Line plays like crap again and Matt gets hurt because of it.

If Clowney averages 9+ sacks/yr , the trade works. The threat if Clowney will help other passrushers as well.

I wouldn't have a problem with that compensation.You still have your 2nd rounder to team a safety with him,& the rest of the draft to get the best tackle you can.Your major holes are filled,and you have a defensive "playmaker" to anchor your defense around. I say yes

g-dawg likes this

I tthink more than likely that's the kinda compensation it will take to get to #2. I think texans probably just take their quaterback at #1 as there is no guarantee that bortles mack manzel will be there at 6