Texans Asking Falcons For Rg3-Like Trade Haul

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait until this draft is over so I can either be proud of Dimitroff for ignoring his instinct to blow his load on his draft crush or count down the days until the end of the season for when he'll likely be fired when he does do that. These extra two weeks have been nothing but draining.

LOL.

So it's out in the open the Falcons are wanting the Clown. So much for people saying we were going OT in the first. Still could happen the Falcons settle for OT. I am just glad they want to fix this crappy lack of a pass rush.

Please TD fix the Pass Rush just don't bow to the Texans and sell the farm to do it. Man sure hope it all works out in a sweet deal for the Falcons.

and I'm sure Rick Smith cited the Jaguars phone number. Just because we offer a low ball doesn't mean they have to take it. You just stay put and take your guy when its not worth taking the risk to move down and lose him for extra picks.

Except the fact that there's 0 chance they take Clowney no. 1 overall and know for a fact he should be drafted with the first pick? Oh and that regardless of the trade you make yourself easily getting a second round high pick or a high pick next season you can use to easily move right back up to no. 2-3 and still have some left over from the trade to get some extra players? Why would you waste the first pick in the draft on a guy you aren't absolutely sure is worth the number 1 pick when you can trade down fairly easily and have plenty of picks left over to get the exact spot you need to draft the guy you want?

On the other hand even though it won't happen but I'd die if TD made the trade to 1 and took Manziel first just to **** with Rick Smith...

Edited by RideOrDieIce

Guest Gritz

Dimitroff is getting ready to be Andy Dufresne'd from Shawshank......and that will not work out well for him or the Birds.

I can see Arthur Blank wanting a shiny slightly new playtoy for the 2017 stadium. It will take one hit from Clowney to put more butts in the seats. I don't think Jake Matthews pushing a guy out of the way will get more season ticket holders. Hopefully we wont spend too much.

I wouldn't move up because:

1) At 6 we have a 70 to 80% chance of getting any of the top 5 that we need (Clowney, Mack, Mathews, Robinson, Lewan). Any one of these guys would be an instant impact and seriously fill an obvious need.

2) At 6 we happen to be in the most perfect position for other teams to trade down and still get their guy OR other teams trading up to 6 to get their guy. 6 is just right, it's not too far down and it's not too far up. This means TD can sit back and really take advantage of a desperate team. TD can use teams that want to trade back against teams that want to trade up to get as much or give up as less as he wants.

Except the fact that there's 0 chance they take Clowney no. 1 overall and know for a fact he should be drafted with the first pick? Oh and that regardless of the trade you make yourself easily getting a second round high pick or a high pick next season you can use to easily move right back up to no. 2-3 and still have some left over from the trade to get some extra players? Why would you waste the first pick in the draft on a guy you aren't absolutely sure is worth the number 1 pick when you can trade down fairly easily and have plenty of picks left over to get the exact spot you need to draft the guy you want?

On the other hand even though it won't happen but I'd die if TD made the trade to 1 and took Manziel first just to **** with Rick Smith...

if the Texans really want Mack, there is nothing but a super rich deal that makes them go all the way to 6. Because mack won't be there at 6. You have no guarantees someone will give you a deal to move back to 2-3. Just because Clowney is #1 doesn't mean they have to take him.

Seems the price right now is 3 first round picks. I say stay at 6. No guarantee the rams are cheaper either. They might just take Clowney at 2.

I've been under a rock for the last season or so... How'd that trade work out for Washington anyway?

TBD. Year one he threw them over his shoulder and dragged their sluggish ***** into the wildcard round, and dominated it until his injury got the best of him. Year 2 he was forced to play in a manner he isn't used to or comfortable with, expressed it to his coach and ignored. (Not even technically a sophomore slump, he never had a chance to be anything but bad last year.) Year 3...bout to find out. Especially with the 3 Solid WRs.

if the Texans really want Mack, there is nothing but a super rich deal that makes them go all the way to 6. Because mack won't be there at 6. You have no guarantees someone will give you a deal to move back to 2-3. Just because Clowney is #1 doesn't mean they have to take him.

Seems the price right now is 3 first round picks. I say stay at 6. No guarantee the rams are cheaper either. They might just take Clowney at 2.

Doesn't matter if they want Mack or not. They NEED a starting QB. What you think Fitz will become Ryan in matter of 8 months? You think they can endure another bounce around fest with Keenum? He showed flashes of potential. So did Glennon. Lovie's looking to replace him even with McCown and he's a Defense minded coach who WOULD actually consider Clowney given a chance.

Edited by RideOrDieIce

So we are looking at a real life Draft Day Trade. This is starting to look like the Movie.

Edited by high impact

"word on the street is " ??? fkg media . Do you think the Texans management being professional football people would embarrass themselves asking for something stupid like that ? Especially coming down from 6 ?

don't think so, Guy is reaching to get 3 sec's of fame.... Nice job Eddie