Texans Asking Falcons For Rg3-Like Trade Haul

Citing "word on the street," ESPN's Ed Werder reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that the Texans are asking the Falcons for a Robert Griffin III-like trade haul to get from No. 6 overall to No. 1.

In 2012, the Redskins sent the Rams three first-round picks and a second-round pick to jump from No. 6 to No. 2 overall, where they drafted RG3 behind Andrew Luck. The move made more sense with Washington pursuing a quarterback. Clowney has a chance to be great, but even if he has a Hall of Fame career, would not offer the impact of a franchise quarterback. Per Werder, the "dialogue" between the Texans and Falcons is "legitimate, and continues as we speak."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8375/jadeveon-clowney

F that noise.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Words cannot describe how pizzed I would be if we did this. We have an opportunity to get a franchise OT and a good pass rusher in someone like Ford but we might blow 2 drafts for a player with 3 sacks last year. Unreal!

If we did the same trade as the RG3 trade.. I too would be pissed and would be replacing my tv afterwards.

Words cannot describe how pizzed I would be if we did this. We have an opportunity to get a franchise OT and a good pass rusher in someone like Ford but we might blow 2 drafts for a player with 3 sacks last year. Unreal!

I'm completely ******* amazed people are even entertaining this stupid idea. The only players in this draft POSSIBLY worth trading up for are GRob and Khalil Mack, and I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd to trade up for either.

I'm completely ******* amazed people are even entertaining this stupid idea. The only players in this draft POSSIBLY worth trading up for are GRob and Khalil Mack, and I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd to trade up for either.

Clowney is in that group too. No matter what these fans think. Mack Clowney and Robinson are all worth to trade up for.

No way we give up that much but we all know it's going to cost a good bit to get Clowney.

This is the most depth we've had in a while, and it came about dur to injuries. You had to suffer through the injuries and getting the depth some pt, why not trust what you built on last year with the depth players and trust if someone goes down they are ready?

Draft Clowney end let the rest work itself out. I like TD but I would like him more if he traded for Clowney. He knows his job is on the line and with a trade up, it shows he's going all in right now.

Lol everybody is speculating but until I see Rick smith or td say it. I'm not believing it

The thing is, I don't want to give up anything even REMOTELY close to what was given up in the RG3 trade. Unless Clowney/Mack/Robinson can play DE, S, OT, LB, TE, and RB simultaneously, we have plenty of holes left to fill.

Willing to bet TD cited the dolphins trade in the counter offer.

and I'm sure Rick Smith cited the Jaguars phone number. Just because we offer a low ball doesn't mean they have to take it. You just stay put and take your guy when its not worth taking the risk to move down and lose him for extra picks.

I can't wait until this draft is over so I can either be proud of Dimitroff for ignoring his instinct to blow his load on his draft crush or count down the days until the end of the season for when he'll likely be fired when he does do that. These extra two weeks have been nothing but draining.

Well the scenario as written would be a disaster for us IMHO. However, at this point everything we hear is just rumor and speculation. We don't have much longer to wait to find our what we will do in the draft. Unfortunately, I am starting to feel like TD may have a fixation on making the "big splash" on draft day. If so, I wonder if that might skew his judgement. But that is just more speculation on my part.