Are Falcons Really Ok With Giving The 2015 #1 Pick?

SaintRay

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here come those haters again

Guys, the only time roddy has ever been good is when the conversation is about how matt ryan sucks because he needs all those weapons.

Naw.. The fact that your GM felt the need to sign the GOAT TE, and then spend a million draft picks on JJ, is what we mean by "All those weapons". For '11, '12 with JJ, White was a legit #1 still.. I don't know if I'd consider him as such right now though. Now that i actually think about it.

im glad no saint fan mentioned colston being better than white.....maybe some of you do have some sence after all

No need to mention that cause he's not better than White.........buttttt White is not better than him either ohmy.png . Shocker I Know

Edited by meezy0236

im glad no saint fan mentioned colston being better than white.....maybe some of you do have some sence after all

Yes, The Colston V. Roddy argument. That's a topic I can get behind.

Let me perch down right here..

1342459970_kid_sits_down_backwards.gif

I just can't stand the thought of trading the farm to move up just 4 or 5 spots... It's not worth it. At least with the Julio trade it's like...we moved up a bajillion spots in the draft and got an elite WR. But right now we're already in the top 5 of the draft just about and we don't need to get trade-raped by anyone when we can just go with it. If there's one thing Dimitroff has done well it's drafting in the first round. I think T.D is perfectly capable of grabbing 3 solid starters with this year's 1st, 2nd, and next years 1st. If we trade those picks then we'll have one player as opposed to three, it doesn't make sense. I'll stand by the Julio-trade even though that contradicts what I just said, but you can't make those kind of trades every two years.

Honestly I'd rather get Sammy Watkins at 6 (omg dem WRs tho...) then trade all our picks for Clowney. And I don't really care for either of those scenarios.

Off the top of my head...

Just the ones that I feel are head and shoulders above White right now.

Brandon Mashall? 7 straight years of 1k+ yards.

Andre Johnson? 3k receiving yards over the last two years.

Larry Fitz?

you guys are freaking idiots lmao

Roddy was hurt all yr

and his drop in numbers before that is a direct result of Julio Jones on the roster

Better Than Jones right now

C Johnson

Better than Roddy Right Now

C Johnson

Julio Jones

Dez Bryant

AJ Green

Fitz

White and Jones both are Elite WRs

Argue with me in 7 Months when they are the Top Duo in the NFL.....

you guys are freaking idiots lmao

Roddy was hurt all yr

and his drop in numbers before that is a direct result of Julio Jones on the roster

Better Than Jones right now

C Johnson

Better than Roddy Right Now

C Johnson

Julio Jones

Dez Bryant

AJ Green

Fitz

White and Jones both are Elite WRs

Argue with me in 7 Months when they are the Top Duo in the NFL.....

Since when does being the 6th best at your position make you "Elite"?

Anyway.. Why not Brandon Marshall? He's played in 20 less games but has more TDs and only 400 less yards.

Edited by NYG4

CJ

AJ

JJ

Dez

Andre

Marshall

Jefferey

Fitz

Healthy Harvin

Gordon (if this dude is for real he might be challenging Megatron for his crown)

There's 10 off the top of my head I could instantly take over White without a second thought, maybe more if I put more thought into it. Then there's others who are a push like Colston, Vjax, etc.

White is a great receiver, but he's not the best player in the NFL like you think Shred. If I can name 10 players to take over him... he's not elite. Elite means there's no question.

It doesn't change the fact that him and Julio make a helluva combo.

Edited by Stone Cold Steve Smith

****, personally I'd take old azz Steve Smith over him just because he's Steve ******* Smith... and despite his age he still has those vintage Steve Smith moments when he gets fired up, not mentioning the attitude he brings along with him and the free yards he racks via flags from pissing opposing DBs off.

Edited by Stone Cold Steve Smith

I just can't stand the thought of trading the farm to move up just 4 or 5 spots... It's not worth it. At least with the Julio trade it's like...we moved up a bajillion spots in the draft and got an elite WR. But right now we're already in the top 5 of the draft just about and we don't need to get trade-raped by anyone when we can just go with it. If there's one thing Dimitroff has done well it's drafting in the first round. I think T.D is perfectly capable of grabbing 3 solid starters with this year's 1st, 2nd, and next years 1st. If we trade those picks then we'll have one player as opposed to three, it doesn't make sense. I'll stand by the Julio-trade even though that contradicts what I just said, but you can't make those kind of trades every two years.

Honestly I'd rather get Sammy Watkins at 6 (omg dem WRs tho...) then trade all our picks for Clowney. And I don't really care for either of those scenarios.

Evidently, the Texans told Atlanta, they want THREE $1's and a #2. I can't imagine them giving up that much. I doubt you have much to worry about. You all will most likely come out of the first round with a minimum of either Matthews or Lewen. Exactly what you all need at the moment. Then there's the possibility of a move back up into the first round to grab the safety you all need. The Falcons should have a very, very good draft. They're in a great spot at #6, and have a multitude of picks!