What's All This About Matt Ryan Couldn't Start For Carolina Because Of The O-Line?

Tom Servo

981.gif

Our o-line was at least as bad as Carolina's, and likely far worse. We signed Tampa Bay outcast Trueblood in the middle of the season and started him the same week. Carolina wasn't reduced to that.

Matt Ryan is a better leader than Cam Newton.

Matt Ryan is a more accurate quarterback than Cam Newton

Matt Ryan is a smarter quarterback than Cam Newton

and he's also not a cry baby fufu like Cam Newton either

cammad.gif

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You signed an o line replacement in the middle of the season? Oh boohoo, we were rotating back ups all year and so thin on depth we had our 5th string defensive tackle starting on the offensive line who had never taken a snap there before in his career.

Matt Ryan, such a great leader that once everything wasn't perfect around him the entire team goes limp ****, noncompetitive, and falls apart under all that great leadership.

Matt Ryan, so pinpoint accurate that he threw games away... literally. How many game sealing pick sixes did y'all have again last year?

Matt Ryan, smart? Maybe, no way to measure that, but he has excellent self preservation skills. That sliding at the goal line against a hated division rival was a thing of beauty.

Matt Ryan, might not be a cry baby (neither is Cam FTR) but he sure sh*ts himself like one.

Cam >>> Ryan

All you have to do with Ryan, is look at how he runs a QB Sneak. Has he EVER converted a 4th down on one of those? NOT when it really counted anyway. Everyone keeps trying to say he's so well respected amongst his teammates. I'm not buying it. For being as large as he is, he doesn't use this as a way to keep plays alive. He may be a great guy, but he doesn't come across as having the IT factor whatsoever. Has he ever stretched his body and taken a hit for a first down? I've never seen him do it, but then again I don't usually watch the Falcons unless they're playing an NFC South team. I know.....most Falcon fans think he's tough as nails.........THAT is a big part of his problem, NO ONE will tell the guy like it is. I've never seen a team coddle their quarterbacks like the Falcons do continually, they did it with Vick, now they're doing it with Ryan.

I will say this, the guy toughens up (I'm not talking about him trying to TALK tough) and the Falcons could have a real winner on their hands. He keeps shitting his pants, and making those limp-wristed QB sneaks, you guys may win some regular season games, but that's about it.

Newton, on the other hand, simply needs to grow up. All the pouting when he doesn't play well needs to stop, and he just needs to take responsibility for it, and use it to strive to be better. He does that, and he'll more than likely end up being the better of the two.

All you have to do with Ryan, is look at how he runs a QB Sneak. Has he EVER converted a 4th down on one of those? NOT when it really counted anyway. Everyone keeps trying to say he's so well respected amongst his teammates. I'm not buying it. For being as large as he is, he doesn't use this as a way to keep plays alive. He may be a great guy, but he doesn't come across as having the IT factor whatsoever. Has he ever stretched his body and taken a hit for a first down? I've never seen him do it, but then again I don't usually watch the Falcons unless they're playing an NFC South team. I know.....most Falcon fans think he's tough as nails.........THAT is a big part of his problem, NO ONE will tell the guy like it is. I've never seen a team coddle their quarterbacks like the Falcons do continually, they did it with Vick, now they're doing it with Ryan.

I will say this, the guy toughens up (I'm not talking about him trying to TALK tough) and the Falcons could have a real winner on their hands. He keeps shitting his pants, and making those limp-wristed QB sneaks, you guys may win some regular season games, but that's about it.

Newton, on the other hand, simply needs to grow up. All the pouting when he doesn't play well needs to stop, and he just needs to take responsibility for it, and use it to strive to be better. He does that, and he'll more than likely end up being the better of the two.

Has Tampa ever had a QB worth coddling?

All you have to do with Ryan, is look at how he runs a QB Sneak. Has he EVER converted a 4th down on one of those? NOT when it really counted anyway.

Cam's never done it with tons of success against us either,

in fact, he blew it on 4th and 2 and gave us the ball back to win the game in 2012.

I think it really bothers you guys that in 4 years, Matt Ryan will be in the prime of his life, Brees will be on his way out, the Bucs -still- won't have a quarterback, and Cam Newton will have had his foretold meltdown as I've promised and become a non sequitor in the great qb's conversation.

You're already changing the arguments.

It's been said in several threads that Matt Ryan couldn't start for Carolina because of the o-line.

I argue that Matt and SS89 would've loved each other.

I believe that Matt never would've had his character questioned by his entire locker room and need his daddy to sort his head out.

I allege that if Matt was in Carolina, 89 wouldn't have had to leave due to locker room issues.

I contend that if Matt Ryan was in Carolina, you'd have done the exact same thing in terms of record and playoff appearance as you did with Cam at the helm.

These are somewhat unquestionable proofs.

Edited by Tom Servo

You signed an o line replacement in the middle of the season? Oh boohoo, we were rotating back ups all year and so thin on depth we had our 5th string defensive tackle starting on the offensive line who had never taken a snap there before in his career.

Matt Ryan, such a great leader that once everything wasn't perfect around him the entire team goes limp ****, noncompetitive, and falls apart under all that great leadership

See @SF last year, dumb ***

Matt Ryan, so pinpoint accurate that he threw games away... literally. How many game sealing pick sixes did y'all have again last year?

How many 4th quarter game winning drives does he have?

How about Cam?

Mmmmmmmm, yeah. Yeah, that's what I thought.

Matt Ryan, might not be a cry baby (neither is Cam FTR)

ohmy.png

laugh.pnglaugh.png

in fact, he blew it on 4th and 2 and gave us the ball back to win the game in 2012.

I think it really bothers you guys that in 4 years, Matt Ryan will be in the prime of his life, Brees will be on his way out, the Bucs -still- won't have a quarterback, and Cam Newton will have had his foretold meltdown as I've promised and become a non sequitor in the great qb's conversation.

It's been said in several threads that Matt Ryan couldn't start for Carolina because of the o-line.

I believe that Matt never would've had his character questioned by his entire locker room and need his daddy to sort his head out.

I allege that if Matt was in Carolina, 89 wouldn't have had to leave due to locker room issues.

I contend that if Matt Ryan was in Carolina, you'd have done the exact same thing in terms of record and playoff appearance as you did with Cam at the helm.

I'm not changing anything. I haven't weighed in on any of this re: Cam/Ryan and their O-lines. I just tossed in the toughness angle, and gave my thoughts, naturally you disagree, and I'd expect nothing less.

Define toughness.

JB knows Matt Ryan is tough as nails.

JB, recall 2008 game @TB, Ryan's rookie year.

Recall that game and tell me the guy isn't tough.

As Smitty said after the Philly game in 2011, "Matt Ryan is one tough irishman."

Edited by Tom Servo

Unquestionable proofs? Are you sure about that?

Cam's never done 4th down with tons of success v. the Falcons?

Cam Newton has converted 3 of 4 fourth down attempts against the falcons.

His passing stats on 4th down are 2-3 for 26 yards and a TD on 4th down.

Edited by NYG4

Unquestionable proofs? Are you sure about that?

Cam's never done 4th down with tons of success v. the Falcons?

Cam Newton has converted 3 of 4 fourth down attempts against the falcons.

His passing stats on 4th down are 2-3 for 26 yards and a TD on 4th down.

Cam's never done 4th down QB sneaks with tons of success.

That's what I said.

JB knows Matt Ryan is tough as nails.

JB, recall 2008 game @TB, Ryan's rookie year.

Recall that game and tell me the guy isn't tough.

As Smitty said after the Philly game in 2011, "Matt Ryan is one tough irishman."

Just because his name's Ryan does not make him tough! WOW, he had a good game against us back in 2008! That means he's tough, huh? Guess all those playoff whiffs, where you couldn't see the ball for the skirt he was wearing, don't count.laugh.png

Cam's never done 4th down QB sneaks with tons of success.

That's what I said.

He's 1-1 on 4th down QB sneaks against the Falcons. That's an 100 percent success rate.. Doesn't get much more successful than 100%.

That fumble you mentioned was on a 3rd and 2, not 4th and 2.

Again.. It would really help if yall knew what yall were talking about before embarking on debates like this.. I mean really.

Edited by NYG4