According To Mayocks Top 100

Yuck!

I hate that we plan on picking the third best OT @ six. I know it a need but I'm a best player on the board type guy. I reall hope we pick Barr if we don't move up. I like what I seen on highlights

I'd take Lewan or Barr at six if our top four are gone and we can't pull a trade down. I think both will be as beaters and wouldn't mind either on our 2014 roster.

I like dude's mock though. Works for me. I'm flexible.

I'm the same as you. I love both Lewan and Ford

I guess if your satisfied with the 3rd best OT and the 4th rated pass rusher.

Man you'll look back on picks like this and compare them to finishing 3rd in the 100 at the 84 olympics man I'm just not with that way of thinking I want the best OT or pass rusher available weather that is at 6 or trade up.

I think people overrate Ford based on him blowing by people at the Senior Bowl.

OTs who had a week to prepare and learn our scheme.

Who was the last Auburn pass rusher that had success in the NFL?

"With his explosive take-off quickness, he has had good success beating offensive tackles upfield, as he is quick to turn over and reach his top speed … When he stays low in his pads and explodes off the snap, he surprises the blocker time after time"

" the athletic agility to adjust and finish on his own in space … Consistently turns the corner, flashing the burst and explosiveness needed to close on the quarterback … His knee bend flexibility lets him make the turn, redirect and dip back under when he slips past the offensive tackle … Has the ability to consistently pressure the pocket and uses his hands well to gain position … Even though he can be controlled by offensive linemen when he's reached, he is active with his hands, showing an explosive pop to separate and shed … Has a very impressive wing span and uses it well to yank smaller blockers and ball carriers to the ground … Active with his hands, especially when trying to rip and pull … Has the short area balance to turn the corner and chase down the play on the move … With his great forward burst, he closes in a flash, wrapping and exploding into the quarterback."

I mean their analysis is almost identical.

Ford is 6'2" 250 and Groves was 6'3" 260

I think people overrate Ford based on him blowing by people at the Senior Bowl.

OTs who had a week to prepare and learn our scheme.

Who was the last Auburn pass rusher that had success in the NFL?

Why does what school he comes from have to do with his individual talent? Not saying I want the guy or anything, js.

I guess if your satisfied with the 3rd best OT and the 4th rated pass rusher.

Man you'll look back on picks like this and compare them to finishing 3rd in the 100 at the 84 olympics man I'm just not with that way of thinking I want the best OT or pass rusher available weather that is at 6 or trade up.

Saying Ford is the "4th best pass rusher" is a projection. A guess. I think regardless of mocks and media hype, Ford will be a great player. I don't believe in Clowney. Yes, those picks may seem underwhelming now but you won't be able to judge it until they actually hit the field.

Same goes for me. Clowney could be a beast and Ford could be out of the league in two years for all I know.

Why does what school he comes from have to do with his individual talent? Not saying I want the guy or anything, js.

Normally I would say it doesn't. But when nobody from your school is even a decent pass rusher in the NFL that's a red flag to me. Auburn always seems to have one guy like Ford on their team, and none of them have ever done anything.

Of course this doesn't apply to a school like Buffalo.

Guest King Jigsaw

Saying Ford is the "4th best pass rusher" is a projection.

He didn't say best, he said rated. As in he is universally rated behind Clowney, Mack, and Barr. That means the people that are payed to study these people and rank them have ranked him 4th. Doesn't mean it will turn out to be true and that he'll have the 4th best career, but it's what he's shown thus far.

Normally I would say it doesn't. But when nobody from your school is even a decent pass rusher in the NFL that's a red flag to me. Auburn always seems to have one guy like Ford on their team, and none of them have ever done anything.

Of course this doesn't apply to a school like Buffalo.

Point taken. Never know when a dude could come in and ball though.