Manziel Is Messing Up Draft Plans All Over

PapaJoe

I predict that there are several teams wanting Manziel and he is there preferred choice by a wide margin.

He will go in the top 5 picks and I think it's within the top 3.

There is a very good reason for every team in top 5 to draft him and several teams a little later want him.

IF he happened to fall to our #6 then the bidding war for the pick could get intense; I just happen to believe top 3 is an almost certainty for him.

Clowney is NOT the top draft shuffler factor. Manziel is.

Ive witnessed manziel put up nearly a 1000 yards and 71 points in two games vs my tide, and I still believe some gm is going to be quite disappointed in his play. Maybe thats why im talking to you guys though.

That's just the hate flowing through your blood.

I think TD can trade up or down in this draft very easily. It will come down to price and player value as to which he does.

I think I would rather see him trade down and get the extra pick, but we will see if the right player(s) are still available at #6 that other teams covet enough to jump up there.

I felt jake matthews and mike evans made him look better.

Thank you.

And you're right, he did have some help. But Johnny made just as many, if not more, plays on his own accord as well.

The guy is a good player. Rough around the edges, but his competitiveness is close to unmatched. He's a prototypical entertainer and a pretty solid quarterback. I think his perfect fit is Cleveland.

I predict that there are several teams wanting Manziel and he is there preferred choice by a wide margin.

There is a very good reason for every team in top 5 to draft him and several teams a little later want him.

IF he happened to fall to our #6 then the bidding war for the pick could get intense; I just happen to believe top 3 is an almost certainty for him.

I agree fully. Every team with a need at QB is salivating at having their own Russel Wilson-style read option QB after this SB. It's great for us.

A rare opportunity to get a high draft pick, and people want to dump it and trade down for an extra couple of random camp bodies. Words fail. The mind boggles.

This could also be a rare opportunity to land a shitload of picks... like literally 3 2nd round picks or 2 1st or 4 3rd etc... its boggling how many picks we could have, in rd 1-3, quality picks.

Duh. You expect the most polarizing college prospect of this decade isn't going to mess with Mock drafts and other players stock? Lol

He's not close to Tebow level of polarization.

Tebows polarization came from the circus he created in Florida, that wasnt game related. No one cared he couldnt throw until Denver booted him out the door.

Also Tebow was drafted in '10, which was last decade. I said Manziel is the most polarizing player in THIS decade.

Tebows polarization came from the circus he created in Florida, that wasnt game related. No one cared he couldnt throw until Denver booted him out the door.

Also Tebow was drafted in '10, which was last decade. I said Manziel is the most polarizing player in THIS decade.

So when people say they "love 80's music" they mean 1981-1990? Doubtful.

Jay Glazer tweeted out yesterday that Manziel wasn't in play for Cleveland at 4. Shortly after he tweeted something similar about the Raiders. I know smokescreen, but Glazer is pretty much the one guy who's info I trust implicitly. He wouldn't have tweeted it out if he didn't think it was true.

I don't see Houston taking him at one and unless Bradford gets moved in the next 36 hours St. Louis won't be taking him. Jacksonville could surprise but it seems they've got no interest in any QB at 3. So that leaves a trade, which is certainly possible but I don't think it's likely.

I think for most teams, especially ones drafting early, Manziel is a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. He's going to need an offensive line and playmakers at WR. Not many teams can offer that and it's not something easy to acquire. I think at one point Cleveland was hoping for Robinson at 4 and Manziel at 26. That makes sense to me, but now it looks like Manziel will be gone long before 26. Just not before 5 and I don't think anyone is going to be willing to give up much to take the 6th pick.

I understand that it seems counter-intuitive to look at 1990 as being part of the 80's, but I would actually argue that it is.

Was the very first year 0 or 1? As a culture, we don't begin counting on 0. We start with 1. So the first decade Anno Domini was the year 1 through the year 10. Second decade was year 11 through 20. Fast forward a couple thousand years and 1981 through 1990 is a decade.

This has nothing to do with football, but I felt inclined to be the devil's advocate there.

So just to please you I guess I should've put "so far" at the end of that? Lol were talking about the ACTUAL current decade. Had I said "most polarizing player of the LAST decade" then maybe you could argue your point.

Edited by RideOrDieIce